Week 7 | Season 2 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by I Peench, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Post em

2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

20 Maryland away banner.png NC state home banner.png 13

Capture.PNG

This was the first game of New Coach Ghost's coaching career at Maryland. Maryland came into this game saying we were going to establish a run game in order to get ready for next week against VT. Little did we know, NC State was going to give us a run for our money. We barely escaped here with win after stopping NC State on a 4th down inside the redzone to stop them scoring and taking us to OT.
    Next Week we travel to Virgini to take on the hockies in a Big Conference game in the ACC.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Trojans get by Kitty Cats!
    [​IMG]

scoring wk7s2.PNG
    team stats wk7s2.PNG

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Bulldog I'm sorry but I was hoping that Arizona DL was going to score off of that interception. I couldn't stop laughing when your OL tried running him down! haha

5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

haha it was funny i had to control my WR to catch up to him fucker was fast. I held them to 3 though so it was all good.

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Oregon escapes with 30-24 win over Utah !

Utah arrived in Eugene this week looking for a conference win to get their season back on track, while the Ducks looked to open the first conference user game with a win against last years PAC 12 champs.

The Ducks would strike first with a FG from 35 yards out by the recently struggling Maldonado after a solid opening drive was halted. Shortly there after the Utes would put 7 on the board after a 32 yard TD toss from Wynn, but that lead would not last long as Oregon QB Bennett added a 71 yard TD pass off of a beautiful play action play on the very next play from scrimmage. The first quarter ended with Oregon up 10-7.

In the second quarter it looked like the Ducks might pull away after another Bennett TD pass to backup halfback Kenny Bassett put the Ducks up 17-7. Coach Baron could not move the ball down the field and after a short drive Oregon added 3 more to go up 20-7 with not much time on the clock. Things were not looking good for the Utes at that point, but the Oregon defense was not ready to handle the 2min drill and gave up a touchdown with only 12 seconds left on the clock to get the score a bit closer 20-14.

After that a bit of controversy arose as the Ducks moved quickly to mid field after a nice pass and quick draw play left 1 second on the clock and Oregon with possession at the 50. Coach Danthraxxx sent the call to the field for the hail mary with no time left, hoping to get a lucky score and that was exactly what he got. Oregon QB Bennett let a bomb fly down field, which was tipped and tumbled towards the turf but tight end Colt Lyerla was able to fall down and swooped the ball up after it bounced off of his helmet before hitting the turf. Replay showed that it was a close call, but with no option of a challenge coach Baron could only wonder if he got the shaft going into the locker room down 27-14. ( no homo )

Most teams would have wilted away after that backbreaking touchdown to end the half, but Utah is no average, ACC like team . Utah stormed down the field and scored in less than a minute to start the second half and made it a game, with the Ducks leading 27-21. Oregon’s offense continued to move the ball but the Utes were able to force a few field goals in the third, which were shanked by Maldanado and led coach Danthraxxx to blame the fly that had been driving him nuts on the sideline much of the game. The third quarter came to a close with the score still 27-21.

After a few stalled drives by both teams Oregon found itself on the move and were looking to score one more TD to put the game away, but the Utah defense would stand strong however and hold Oregon to a field goal, making the score 30-21 with 5:38 left in the game. Wynn quickly moved his team down field but stalled near the red zone and had to settle for a FG to make it 30-24 with 3:32 left to play.

Utah kicked off to Oregon who was looking to move it down field as well as chew some clock to put Utah away, but the Ducks stalled around midfield and had to punt. Wynn took the field and was moving the team well, as he did most of the day. However, Wynn had been flirting with the INT all day, and his luck would finally run out when Duck junior outside linebacker Mike Garrity would make an outstanding catch at midfield to give possession back to Oregon. With a little over 1 min left and only 1 timeout remaining the Ducks took to victory formation and escaped with a win.

Great game Baron

This game was a good battle and both teams had some good breaks and some bad, Wynn threw only 1 INT but that number could have been higher. Had Maldanado made the easy FG he missed this game would have not been so close, but then again had Oregon not got a lucky TD off of the semi-controversial hail mary who knows what the final score would have been.

I feel sorry for whoever has Utah left on the schedule, something tells me the Utes will be on the war path the rest of the year.

Stats-

Total offense:
    Oregon 422
    Utah 313

Passing:
    Oregon 297
    Utah 239

Rushing:
    Oregon 125
    Utah 74

Turnovers:
    Oregon 0
    Utah 1

Player of the Game

Oregon- QB Bryan Bennett 13-20 295 yards 3TD and 68 yards rush

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Hey I can't help it that my PAC 12 mates can't take care of biz against you juco schools

kobe-bryant1.gif

• Like Like x 2
  9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

The Imp works for all occasions.