Week 7 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 7 - Season 2

HARD ADVANCE FOR SUNDAY 5PM We should be done before that though, ALL CPU GAMES!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado VS Texas Tech L 36-43
    #13 Florida State @ #1 Miami User Vs. User W 34-21
    #21 Oklahoma VS Iowa State W 63-24
    #1 Miami VS #13 Florida State User Vs. User L 21-34
    #18 Mizzou @ #14 Texas A&M User Vs. User W 45-31
    #25 NC State @ #22 Clemson W 35-10
    #5 Nebraska @ Kansas State W 48-24
    #3 North Carolina VS Virginia Tech W 55-27
    #2 Oklahoma State @ Kansas W 49-28
    #14 Texas A&M VS #18 Mizzou User Vs. User L 31-45

User games wk 7 are....FUCKING HUGE!
    #1 Miami (Spatin) vs #13 FSU (Murk)...I hope you two can connect!!!!!
    #13 Texas A&M (Wader) vs #18 Mizzou (Wellar)

Should be a fun ass week!

Don't forget to POST YOUR SUMMARIES in THIS thread after your games!

2. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

I'll try to get mine in tonight, but I can't make any promises. If I can't I'll get it in tomorrow night.

3. Jman

Its no prob Bulgy, just before Sunday and we're all good.

On a sidenote, I'll update scores and post my trouncing of Iowa State up tomorrow at school...but...Shmeezil what happened with Tech? I saw the score 26-34 or something...was it down to the wire? I hate that fuckin' Tech Air Raid shit!

4. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

UNC Destroys Va. Tech

Heels Defense Scores Again

Chapel Hill, NC- The Tar Heels defense is showing itself to be one of the most dominant units in all of college football. For the second straight week the Tar Heels defense scored more than one TD, upping its 2 week total to 6 TD’s.

The defense returned 2 interceptions of Tyrod Taylor for TD’s; one by 6’3 307lb DT Marvin Austin, and another by SR. MLB Quentin Sturdivant. The Heels allowed 307 yards of offense, but 152 of those yards came against the second team defense on the final two Hokie drives. The Hokies only had 13 points, 2 FG’s and a defensive TD, until the final quarter.

The offense looked to be back on track following several disappointing showings the past few weeks. Mike Paulus was 15-21 for 208 yards and 2 TD’s, but he also threw two picks. And Shaun Draughn ran for 120 yards on 30 carries. (RS)Fr. Jheranie Boyd had 107 yards on 4 catches including a 65 yard catch and run that iced the game for the Heels.

5. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

#5 Nebraska 48
    Kansas State 24

Latravis Washington passed for 240 yards, ran for 116 and totaled 6 touchdowns as the Huskers improved to 5-1. Washington also threw 2 interceptions. WR Niles Paul accounted for 275 total yards, 87 of them on the opening kickoff of the second half. The Blackshirts were really more of a greyshirt this week, giving up 275 yards passing. The Huskers will take on the Texas Longhorns next week.

6. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

#2 Oklahoma State 49
    Kansas 28

Senior RB Kendall Hunter injured his elbow in the 2nd quarter and is now out 11 weeks, this could very well end his career for the cowboys. In positive news Freshman QB Kalvin Culp went 22/33 for 335 yards, although he threw 3 interceptions. The Cowboys continue to enforce their running game, running for over 150 yards and 4 touchdowns between 4 different ball carriers. The Boys' had an absolutely horrendous game holding on to the ball turning the ball over 8 times (5 fumbles, 3 interceptions). This will be a focal point in this weeks practice as we prepare for the undefeated Aggies of Texas A&M.

Defensively both freshman Safties Dawson and Rogers had an interception, with Rogers taking his back to the house. Defensive end Justin Ramirez added yet another sack to his total brining him to 11 for the season.

7. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

NC State @ Clemson

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Team
    1st​
    2nd​
    3rd​
    4th​
    Final​
    NCSU
    14​
    7​
    0​
    14​
    35​
    CLEM
    0​
    0​
    3​
    7​
    10​

Defense gave up the yardage but was stingy about letting Clemson score. Wilson led the offense with 252 yards through the air but wasn't great at hitting his receivers while they were open. Running game was shut down with the absence of Underwood Jr.

Players of the Game

Offense - WR Jarvis Williams 5 Rec 93 yds

Defense - Nate Irving 8 tkls 2 TFL 2 Sks 1 INT

8. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

dude...i blew it. i was up by about 20 in the 4th and they came back, got an onside kick, kicked a fg to tie. we went to overtime and they scored a td on their first possession and i got stuffed on 4th and 1. i'll try to post a video like wellar does (those highlight reals are tight btw...except that 1 with the long int, that was gay). Anyway, you're welcome big xii north. dakota, you s.o.b.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I've got no way home so this game isn't going to get played unless we find a way to connect...so dowhat needs to be done. Sorry

10. Jman

I knew it had to be something crazy as all get out that happened. Shit like that happened all the time to me when I was in the Trifecta trying to rebuild Duke.

Murk, what else can be tried? Have you two tried connecting again yet just for shits and giggles to see if by some miracle it will work? Bottom line, if its b/c of connection It'll just get simmed as IMO that is the most fair thing to do and Spatin is OK with that if we have to.

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Speaking from experience...nothing is going to change if we try to connect again. Unless he screws around with his router there is no possibility of getting a different outcome.

edit: Spatin, how is your router set up? Are you wired or wireless? Could you direct connect to the modem?

12. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I have had connection issues before. Infact me and Murk have had them but I fixed it by simply directly connecting into the modem. It has a lot to do with your firewall settings but I'm simply not intelligent enough to go in there and mess with that shit.

13. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Wader and I wont be getting in our game till tomorrow after 1:00 unless he is on late tonight.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

nevermind, I am going home now...I'll be there tonight, but he said we'd play Sunday. So it's on for Sunday

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

nevermind, I am going home now...I'll be there tonight, but he said we'd play Sunday. So it's on for Sunday.

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

How is any of that my fault???? If anything, I should be mad at you for screwing up my strength of schedule and ruining my BCS rating.........lol

17. Jman

Ouch! Straight kick to the balls! LOL!

18. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

haha, touche.

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State wins 34-21..

I'll post a summary when I get back to school..

For the most part we shut Miami down on offense. They scored on a 44 yard TD pass that I really F'd up on, a fumble on a punt return that I should've fair caught, and scored on 4th and long with 21 seconds left where my D dragged him into the endzone.

I sent you a "gg" on live, but you might've signed off I guess. If so, gg man.

20. Jman

Schweet.

Will hop on and advance now but thats all I'll be online long enough to do tonight. Lots of grading to do, so, I'll put up the week 8 thread tonight and update it all nice like tomorrow.

21. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Mizzou vs Texas A&M

Mizzou was confident facing off against the undeafeted Texas A&M team. The opening drive was returned by Kendal Lawerence all the way to the Aggies 1 yard line which was then pounded in for a quick TD. The Aggies marched right back scoring on a great drive mixing it up with both running and passing plays.

Tigers FR SS Sam Baker made too costly mistake resulting in two huge TD receptions both on missed deflections. However defensively the Tigers shut down the run for the most part forcing Texas to throw more.

Missouri kept to their gameplan and ran the ball successfully all game long. Washington ran the ball for 179 yards on 33 attempts scoring an impressive 4 touchdowns on the ground. Combined with great special teams Mizzou had good field position all game long Texas A&M was unable to stop Missouri from scoring on a single drive.

With a comfortable lead and possession to start the 4th quarter the Tigers pounded the ball up the middle killing nearly 5 minutes off the clock sealing their 6th consecutive victory and still remain undefeated

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    TAMU 7 14 3 7 31
    MIZ 10 21 7 7 45

Team Stats
    TAMU MIZ
    Score 13 51
    First Downs 11 18
    Total Offence 356 348
    Rushing Yards 51 210
    Passing Yards 305 138
    Turnovers 0 0
    Fumbles 0 0
    Intercepted 0 0

22. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Good game too, Murk... I probably shouldn't have stuck with the playbooks that worked well against Duke, because, well, they didn't in a user game.

But, as I expected, your team had some excellent speed - probably more than my own. There were several plays where I "locked" onto the WR who you threw to, but he still ended up getting 10-20, mostly Reed and Ruffin. And that 68-yard Bert Reed touchdown, I totally blew a tackle. I moved my nickel back over and manually DOUBLE-covered him, but went for the big hit and whiffed BAD!

17-14 at half, but you just dominated me after that. Jacory Harris lost that fumble down inside your 30 right before halftime and I never really recovered. Your offense was by far the best I have faced - user or CPU. Moved the ball on the ground and through the air.. And after the first half, with relative ease! And your LBs are ridiculously fast - there were 4-5 plays where Harris either never got to even fake the handoff because he was getting dragged down OR got hit before I could have even hit a button in desperation. Now I remember why I wanted to be FSU when we started this. :)

I look forward to playing you in our next rematch! Tough loss, but I knew the streak would end sometime and I wasn't surprised it happened tonight.