Week 7 - Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 7 - Season 3

WEEK SEVEN - SEASON 3
    HARD ADVANCE FOR WEDNESDAY 10PM (CENTRAL)
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    #22 Colorado (4-1) @ Kansas State (2-2)
    #3 Florida State (6-0) VS #7 Miami (4-1) USER V USER
    #7 Miami (4-1) @ #3 FSU (6-0) USER V USER
    #4 Mizzou (4-0) @ #2 Oklahoma (5-0) USER V USER
    #9 NC State (5-0) VS Clemson (4-1)
    #16 Nebraska (3-2) [/COLOR]VS #1 Oklahoma State (5-0) USER V USER
    #21 North Carolina(2-3) @ Tennessee (2-2)
    #2 Oklahoma (5-0) VS #4 Mizzou (4-0) USER V USER
    #1 Oklahoma State (5-0) @ #16 Nebraska (3-2) USER V USER
    #16 Texas A&M (3-1) VS Texas Tech (2-3)
    #13 Virginia Tech (5-1) VS BYE
    [/COLOR]

HEISMAN RACE
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Rank Name Class Position School Last Week
    1 Tavarres King WR SR Georgia NO CHANGE
    2 Landry Jones QB (RS)JR OU UP
    3 Garrett Gilbert QB JR Texas UP
    4 Logan Gray QB (RS)SR Georgia UP
    5 Kevin Culp QB SO OK ST UP

User games are.....

#2 Oklahoma (Jman) VS #4 Mizzou (Wellar)

#1 OK State (Huronia) VS #16 Nebraska (Dakota)

#3 FSU (Murk) VS #7 Miami (DJ)

BIG User games this week! ESPECIALLY the two Big XII games, major implications on how the conference race can go! In the ACC its the classic rivalry! Should be fun ones!

Please remember to post your summaries! (This is for me too!)

Good Luck All!

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think North Carolina is trying to move to the SEC with their schedule this year. :)

Only one more week before I get that home game.

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Florida State knocks off Miami.

On 4th and 2 around the 50, Chris Thompson ripped off a huge run for a TD which put the game out of reach

There were also great performances by Bert Reed who in the second quarter torched the Miami defense on a screen pass. It looked like there was nothing, but he made things happen.

I noticed that we had 5 trips to the redzone, but came away with only 2 FGs. Not very good, and that is basically how the whole game was. FSU may have had twice as much offensive yards, but Miami was in this one till the end.

good game.

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

my offense was pretty much on a do what you can when you can against a fiesty FSU defense but my D kept me in it til the end..

GG Murk

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Once you get up a scouting report thread I'll do one ..

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

hello?!?!!?

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

{crickets chirping}

I have a bye week and no real recruiting news to report, otherwise I'd have something to say.;)

8. Jman

Fucking Crickets!!!!!

That said, Dakota and Hur are going to play tomorrow and I think Wellar ands I will too due to my shitty schedule right now...if not, it'll be a late as hell one.

I concur on the quietness. I can only post/curse-thing so much. No real shit to talk from me as all you fuckers are whooping my ass at recruiting...I'm doing HORRIBLE!

9. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You will be fine when you land that TE Rodgers. What is he like 6'7" with speed and can catch. I tried for 5 weeks to get inside his top 10 to no avail.

10. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Greisham JR.

Dakota and I played,

31-19 Pokes, recap later. Gotta go to class now.

11. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Looks like Cole's game with UNC is the last man standing.

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Back and forth battle....whoever made the big mistake was gonna lose. I threw a pick 6 in the red zone....so I lost. Also had a huge brain fart, going for it on 4th down early in the 4th quarter while I was down 11. Should've kicked the chip shot field goal and cut it to 1 score. (obviously I didnt' convert the 4th down) Another epic Big 12 showdown that Nebraska comes up short...........how long will the fans in Lincoln tolerate this BS????????

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're ready to advance

14. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

In the battle of two undefeated teams Missouri was able to come out of Oklahoma keeping their streak alive. Missouri came out real strong scoring 17 unanswered points but with a late TD in the half the Sooners pulled within with only 40 seconds left. However Gabbert was able to catch the D off guard throwing a deep 41 yard pass to Wes Kemp to get into field goal range. He would continue on his success to pass a near perfect game going 14 for 16 250 yards 1 TD and 0 INT.

Oklahoma had a rough game with 5 turnovers (fumbles and 2 INTs) with little time remaining and down 2 scores the Sooners focused on stripping the ball to gain possession however this resulted in some poor face mask penalties allowing Missouri to have a 1st and goal from the 2 with just under 2 minutes remaining. Kendial Lawerence would rush it in for the TD giving Missouri a three score lead sealing the victory. 37-15 i believe.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

UNC 48 @ Tenn 24

Paulus and the passing game were unstoppable as we scored 42 points in the first half. Just the commishes recruiting left and then we can advance to week 8 so I can bring my entire board in for a visit, kind of.

16. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

This is basically the story of the game, back and forth the entire game. The turning point in my opinion was the huge stuff on Whitehead on the 4th and 1early in the 4th.

Kalvin Culp played a great game taking care of the football, RB Pratt had a huge day on the ground going for over 120 yards and 2 touch downs.

We tried to hit some big plays but the Nebraska defensive backs played a great game an were able to negate our big play Wide outs.

I'am glad this will be the last time I have to play DT Jared Crick, he literally eat my right guards lunch the entire game. He has played well against me all threee times I have played him.

17. Jman

With 1:32 left and a first down instead of showing class and kneeling thus running the clock out. As a real football coach I can say that even against a rival, this is a no-no, but, I'm not bitter, bulletin board material is all.

Will advance when I get home if we can last 20 minutes, I just got done running track practice.

18. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Make sure you visit the scouting report section.

19. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Jman quit your whinning seriously, it was 1:32 on the clock....i run 3 QB kneels and does the clock run out no? so kneel 3 times and kick a FG? is that what they would do in real life...no

Btw Jman then comes out with 5 wide after i scored, ends up throwing a 50 yard bomb which gets picked off.

20. Jman

Which I TOLD you why I threw it, did I not? Because you ran the score up. I came out in dime to let you kneel it out. WHO CARES if you don't score there with three kneels, I told you I was done, I would have kneeled the rest out myself. I know you don't have a very large working knowledge of football in Canada, but c'mon, common sense says the game is over, I would have kneeled in that situation, period, there was NO WAY I was going to come back and you know it, you wanted to run up the score, period.

I also suggest you not tell me to stop whining, not a very good way to go about things. I called you on something, I didn't call you names, did I? This is the second year you've gotten on my nerves with game play, not because I lost, I can take a loss, but because of tactics...I actually pulled you aside and talked to you about it last year did I not? Believe me though, Murk had to talk me off of the ledge I wanted to come off on last year.

Just remember, when someone gets the chance to return the favor to you, don't be a "whiner".

Week advanced. Scholly numbers will be fixed tonight for you Papa.

Thread locked. You want to talk some more about "whining" feel free to PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.