Week 7 - Season 4 Troycast

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Dec 11, 2009.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Week 7 - Season 4 Troycast

I'll be doing a weekly writeup of you pansies games....

Have fun, and remember, as Lou Holtz says

"you don't have to be the best team in the country, or in the state, just the best team in the stadium today."

This is a Big week for user games in the Conference USA. We'll call this Separation Saturday.

#24 Southern Miss 4-2 (2-1) @ #25 UCF 4-1 (3-0)

UCF starts a brutal stretch of games this week with Southern Miss, then a trip to Tulsa, then East Carolina coming to town. If they make it through that they'll have the Eastern side of the conference wrapped up easily...that's a big if though. All bets are off when these two meet and this year should be no different. I'm routing for UCF, but I think Southern Miss will get this. They're backs are against the wall and there's nothing more dangerous than a wounded Eagle...or something. The loss at Bowling Green shows UCF is beatable. Two very good teams, should be a great game.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Southern Miss 31-24

Rice 4-1 @ Tulsa 4-1

Then there's the Western Division. Rice is always tough. Tulsa has gotten jacked up a few times, but plays the best teams very well. I'm sure they remember the 62-7 beatdown they took at the hands of Rice last year. This game is in Tulsa and I have a hunch it might go the other way. Is there anyone healthy for this game? Tulsa's two best players Beaver, and People are hurt and Rice is missing McGuffie and Ralph... There are a few interesting tidbits about this game.

* Tulsa has 3 recruits coming...must be confident in something.
    * Tulsa holds the edge in every rating category..every last one.
    * Rice leads Tulsa in every statistical category...every last one.
    * Tulsa's Mascot looks like a deep fried Twinky. ??
    [​IMG]

I think Rice wins but has a 28 minute fist fight waiting for them in Tulsa. Should be a great game.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Rice 34-17

Houston 2-3 @ 3-2 East Carolina

Houston better be ready, there is a Buzzsaw waiting for them in Greenville...just saying. Houston has gotta have this. East Carolina won't give it away, something has gotta give.

The ECU offense has been good, the defense has been ok, but nothing spectacular. Houston is definitely missing their skill position players from last year. The test here will be East Carolina Offense vs. the Houston Defense. If ECU scores 27 Houston has almost no chance to win. The Pirates had Southern Miss on the hook last week and let them off. (See Dennis Green) East Carolina's best player Marquan Brown is hurt as usual, but no matter, we ...ugh they are 3 deep at RB. I won't predict an outcome because some might see it as biased. As if..... My only prediction is PAIN.

[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    - -

Now to the other action this week:

Ball St. @ Toledo

Someone tell Ball State to mix in a legit opponent from time to time. Urban Meyer thinks they have too many cupcakes on their schedule. Ball State's run through air to the MAC Championship game continues. Someone wake me up when it's over.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Ball State 34-29

Buffalo @ Bowling Green

Buffalo taking it in the shorts is kinda surprising with all of the talent they have stockpiled. Akron jerked them last weekend and someone will have to save them from the Undefeated Bowling Green squad. Bowling Green wins by 50.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Bowling Green 41-38

#16 Maryland @ Kent St.

Big test for The Shrike. Maryland kinda looks like a paper champion. I think Kent pulls the big upset and really sets their season up with back to back wins vs. CMU and Maryland.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Kent State 51-7

# 8 Penn ST. @ Purdue

The little Boilermaker that could gets thrown off the tracks, and run over with a Charlie car this weekend. Penn St looks mean and nasty and is the start of a vicious stretch for Purdue that features 3 top 10 teams in the next 5 weeks. Denard Robinson finds out what life is like when LB's on the other side are just as quick...Side note: Penn St is already 2-0 vs. MAC teams. I know Purdue isn't a MAC team, but their coach has MAC rootes...

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Purdue 37-7

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 6's Players of the Week
    Offense:
    Tulsa, Fr HB Jason Horner - 25 car, 308 yds, 3 TDs; 7 rec, 150 yds, TD

Defense:
    Southern Miss, Fr DE Zach Thompson - 9 tackles (6 TFL), 4 Sks, FF

edit: hope you don't mind me adding in the tables and coloring the titles...I've got OCD with that shit

3. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I was about to cut and paste it in word actually and delete the thread. I thought we were advancing tonight and figured I'd get it posted now while I had a minute...but nevermind.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Uh what?

You wanna talk records?

How about these for ya...

Coach K (that's me) is currently 4-0 vs the Big 10 (Michigan St, Michigan St, Michigan - while at CMU), 2-0 vs Notre Dame, and the biggest of all...

17-2 at home. 17-1 if you don't count the loss I had to mors when he ran that gator heavy-wishbone-maryland I offense.

The only loss being...yes, you guessed it! Tulsa.

Purdue does not fear the Nittany Lions. Denard outruns everyone, just like he outran Max's strong safeties and secondary. We do not, will not, lose at home.

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Until next year....maybe...:p

6. Jman

I know I should put it in last weeks thread...but fuck that, this deserves the present time!

Horton is for real (and Marshall sucks for real)....the kids stat line...

25 carries for 308 with 3 TD's (280 yds and ALL TD's in first half) with carries of 58, 56, and 48 on toss sweeps.

7 Catches for 150 yards and 1 TD as all my other rec's had drops and couldn't do shit!

And 92 return yards...

Sheeeeeeeit! He was breaking dive plays for 10+...Marshall is bad but this kid can run.

Oh....and Murk...I got the ULTIMATE pic of the little guy for ya lol, caption this!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Almost everyone Murk... ;)

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You are lucky you got to play me in my "experiment" week! :D

Anyway, Penn State was a joke! 34-0 at the half, final was 37-7.

Denard played about half of the game, got injured, and I didn't really want him back in during the second half. 10 of 15 for 136 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT (the INT was BS, dropped ball into the DBs hands); 11 carries for 80 yards, 1 TD

Senior QB Caleb TerBush threw a perfect 6 of 6 for 135 yards!

The defense came up with 3 interceptions and an intercepted pitch, all in the first half.

Next...

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

"You must be at least THIS tall to play D-1 ball."

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

That little midget is a mean motha!

11. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

OMG I just bout cried I was laughing so hard... for some reason those dumb asses thought midget could cover berg.... HA HA HA.... Midgets can't handle the Ice Berg....

12. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well....It was a battle. After the game i felt like I had been in a hell in the cell match. Very very close game, no lead bigger than 7 all game.

I jumped out through a 7-0 lead. After that UCF's defense stepped it up. I had to pull out all the tricks just to get to halftime down by 3.

Scoreless in the 3rd qtr, lead to a tense batch of football in the 4th. It was literally back and forth in the 4th....

..I scored, then he answered, then I scored again and I was able to get a int which led to the go ahead score for me. I kicked off and he went down the field but I was able to hold him to a FG to tie it up.. I got the ball with 3 and some change left, and was able to move down and get a TD with 1 minute left.

All I could think about was the hail mary he got to win the game 2 seasons ago. Well he got one, but he got tackled at the 20 or so, and was out of TO's. 2 incomplete passes and a sack ended the game. WHEEEEWWWW!!!!!

13. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Damn nice ,pretty intense game.

14. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Who the hell is that little fellow? Does he count towards the limit of 11 players on the field? Why is he wearing a black helmet? Is he running around all game, or is it a temporary glitch?

Just blew out Maryland. At #18 they were way overrated. Even the lowly Chippewas put up more of a fight...

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

What would you guys think if for the top 4 finalists or something along those lines I made a short highlight film like this..

probably about 2-3 minutes long for each players..

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQRhRhcoxJ0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rQRhRhcoxJ0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

16. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Rice wins @ Tulsa 34-17 . The Owl defense was hitting hard and injured some key Tulsa players which made life a little easier for Rice. It was a pretty close game for the most part, with both teams turning the ball over and forcing punts however Rice would win the turnover battle 3-1. The play of the game was the first score of the match. It came late in the 1st quarter after Tulsa had pinned Rice on their own 4 with a coffin corner punt. Coach Max made a questionable call (some might call it ballsy) and ran a WR screen with the QB Lewis throwing from the endzone to Senior Impact WR Andy Gautreaux. Andy caught the ball, blasted off a tackler that wouldve had him down at the 1, found the hole, and sprinted 96yds beating a Tulsa DB in a footrace for 6. Rice would open up the game with an air-attack jumping out to 21-0 lead thanks to another grab by Gautreux and a lob pass to Good Ol' Benny Blunt. Tulsa would respond with a meticulous drive that resulted in a TD, but a short kickoff and clutch catch by Rice's freshman phenom Cedric Coley would give the Rice owls a FG and a 24-7 halftime lead. The game would slow down in the second half as Tulsa stuck to their ground game and Rice went into clock management mode. GG JMan!

WR Screen
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/14375090

17. Jman

My injuries this year have killed me. I really could've used Shavodrick in this one, didn't miss him nearly this bad last week...however, he only hurt one guy, don't let max fool you into thinking it was more than that lol

Horner going out definitely changed things though, he was averaging 6.1 and I had a nice mix going and IMO was keeping max on his toes.

The screen wasn't what broke me though, after a turnover I held him to a punt in which despite MASHING the fair catch button on my 9 or so, my dipshit tried to field it and got smoked to a muff...that's what did me in.

Was a fun one though, definitely.

18. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I completely forgot about that one. That was definitely the game changer. I just thought that screen was a crazy way to draw first blood! And agreed. fun game fo sho.

Now Rice has a cake-walk until they face Houston... Which will be even easier than a cake-walk... That will be more like hopscotch or something.:D

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I have no conference user games left Max....There was only one thing I wanted this season, and Its looking like it just might happen.

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

You wanted to get beat by Rice twice in the same season?:p haha j/k

I have to make it there first.. Then we can talk about how bad of a "flexboning" USM will receive!