Week 7 Season 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 2, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Friday @10PM EST
    =============== #3 UCLA Bruins (4-0) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 45-42 against Washington (4-1).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Boulder to face the #9 Colorado Buffaloes (5-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Bryan Nelson has committed to TCU
    - (****) C Joseph Wright has committed to USC
    - (****) FS Michael Burns has committed to UCLA
    - (****) MLB Tommy Flynn has committed to UCLA
    =============== #15 Cal Golden Bears (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Cal lost 37-17 against Oregon State (5-0).
    This week, the Golden Bears will host Arizona (1-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LE Victor Roberson has committed to Cal
    - (***) LG Darrell Murphy has committed to Nevada
    - (****) RE Braylon Baker has committed to Texas
    - (****) C Joseph Wright has committed to USC
    =============== #4 Oregon State Beavers (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 37-17 against Cal (3-1).
    This week, the Beavers will host Arizona State (0-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Derek Myers has committed to Wisconsin
    =============== #13 Utah Utes (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 19-17 against USC (2-2).
    This week, the Utes will host Stanford (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR John Perkins has committed to Colorado
    - (****) DT Kevin Greenwood has committed to Texas A&M
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (1-3) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 41-10 against Washington State (4-1).
    This week, the Wildcats travel to Berkeley to face the #15 Cal Golden Bears (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) ROLB Ron Nelson has committed to Arizona
    - (**) RT Dedrick Dawson has committed to Air Force
    =============== Washington State Cougars (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington State won 41-10 against Arizona (1-3).
    This week, the Cougars will host #24 USC (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Marcus Brink has committed to Boise State
    - (****) DT Bryan Nelson has committed to TCU
    - (****) TE Tavares Griffin has committed to Penn State
    =============== #9 Colorado Buffaloes (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 48-14 against Arizona State (0-5).
    This week, the Buffaloes will host #3 UCLA (4-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Sean Nugent has committed to Iowa
    - (***) LE Dan Richards has committed to Air Force
    - (***) WR John Sutton has committed to Colorado
    - (***) WR John Perkins has committed to Colorado
    =============== #8 Washington Huskies (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 45-42 against UCLA (4-0).
    This week, the Huskies are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*****) WR Derek Myers has committed to Wisconsin

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. IrishBearcat

Cal v Arizona should be kicking off around 11 PM EST tonight. BIG recruiting week for my team, having a ton of top prospects visit. Really need a big win after getting embarrassed by Oregon State.

3. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 42 - ASU 0

ASU could not get anything going against OSU. OSU shutdown ASU all game. OSU relied on their run game after taking an early lead and seeing that ASU could not get anything going. RB Jackson had another 200 yard game.

4. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

5. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I should be home from work around 6 central, maybe before then. What's your schedule look like?

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm free the rest of the day.

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Scratch that. I'm leaving the office. Should be home right before 4 central and can play whenever at that point

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Alright text me when you get home, I will msg you my #

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Utah has begun scouting high school juniors already

10. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

that would be awesome if we could actually do that in NCAA. Give them pitches and get soft commits prior to their senior year. That would add a new twist to recruiting.

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I better get a cut if this now makes NCAA 13! But ya, once the recruits are thinned out and heading elsewhere, there isn't much talent left for me this year. I think I'm down to like 8 players on my board and no one signed

I have time I could be using for the future!

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    #24 USC 14 17 13 0 44
    WSU 0 9 3 36 48

What an unbelievable finish. Once again the USC tried to go beast mode on me, and there was nothing I could really do. Last year the dude rushed for 350 yards on me this year USC's redshirt Senior QB Jesse Scroggins throws for 350 on me and 5 TDs.

In the second quarter we failed on a fourth and inches attempt where I was clearly in on the QB sneak, but came right back to get the safety. We still managed to be down 31-9 at half time knowing we still had some time to make a run.

In the third quarter USC would not let us in the redzone, period. We had to settle for a FG once, and then tried to fake a FG later but it resulted in a costly interception. Now the score is 44-12, and I thought to myself, "I should sim it, this is over", but I know we can't do that so I manned up and kept playing.

After turning the ball over in the beginning of the fourth quarter, once again I thought it was over, but with 5:39 remaining the defense forced a fumble and Senior SS Max Gama returned it 73 yards for the TD. Kirk said, "they aren't going to win this one, but atleast they can make the score a little closer." Little did he know that Washington State would score a total of 36 points and shut out the Trojans in the fourth quarter. Following the Max Gama TD return the Cougars completed the 2 point conversion.

From there the defense continued to force turnovers or stop USC and make them go 3-and-out:

5:19 - 15 yard TD pass - Halliday to McGee (2-Pt)
    >>The Freshman mosses the USC corner for the only TD pass within the USC redzone.

4:12 - 57 yard TD pass - Halliday to Horner (2-Pt)
    >>Horner who spent most of the game playing LEFT TACKLE, was computer subbed out to the #1 receiver and beat the corner's press technique off the line, and made some guys miss on his way to the endzone to make this a one possession game.

1:03 - 83 yard TD pass - Halliday to Martin (2-Pt failed)
    >>On fourth down, a huge TD pass to Freshman Tyler Martin who hadn't really played the rest of the game. With only one man to beat, the 2-Pt conversion was inches short on a WR sweep. The Cougars came ALL this way for NOTHING.

:10 - 67 yard TD pass - Halliday to Ratliff (2-Pt failed)
    >>USC took a knee on first down, and on second down underestimated the Cougars will to win and ran the ball which resulted in the third fumble of the game. The Cougars were blood thirsty for that football. With maybe two chances to score, Halliday goes over the top on a hail mary and hit Senior Bobby Ratliff for the win.

FUSC-GOWSU!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Damn sounds freakin epic bro!

• Like Like x 1
  14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Redshirt Senior QB Connor Halliday was 22 of 46 for 541 yards; with 4 TDs and 3 INTs; connecting with 10 different receivers.

Sophomore WR Jorge Morgan caught 5 passes for 132 yards (0 TDs), and was the team's leading receiver on the day.

Redshirt Senior FS John Koch, the guy I control, led the team in tackles with 9 (6 solo) and forced 2 of the team's 3 fumbles on the day.

edit: not sure why that play of me as Virginia Tech is on there, that was from last year's game.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  15. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 48
    UCLA 45

Colorado pulls the upset after converting a hail mary on the very last play of the game. This game started out with Colorado marching down and scoring a touchdown right off the bat off a pass to Tony Jones. UCLA would then score the next 3 touchdowns and take a commanding 21-7 lead and it looked like they could run away with it. Colorado fought back and converted a touchdown of their own off another Nick Hirschman pass to make the score 21-14. UCLA would answer back on the very next play with an 81 yard pass. Colorado would get into field goal range and get 3 points before the half ended to go in the half down 28-17. Colorado would force UCLA to punt in the 3rd on their first possession and get down the field for another field goal to make the score 28-20. UCLA would answer though with a 60 yards pass for a touchdown to make it a 15 point game. Colorado would be forced to punt, but then would pick the ball off on a pass intended for the half back and the MLB Daigh would take it back 32 yards for the score to make it a one possession game again. Colorado would then get another interception and then throw a 32 yard pass for a touchdown, but would fail the 2 point conversion to make the score 35-33 in UCLAs favor. UCLA would score a field goal to make it 38-33 with 2 minutes remaining. Colorado would move down the field converting some tough plays, including a 4th and 1 at about midfield, and would finally connect on a 23 yard pass to put them up 39-38. They would convert the 2 point conversion to go up 3 and would kick off deep. UCLA took the touchback with 31 seconds left and that's when all hell broke less. UCLA would throw a pass and somehow the WR got behind the cornerback and safety that were guarding him and score an 80 yard TD to put UCLA up 4 points. Colorado would take the kickoff back and get called for holding at about the 28 so they were put all the back at the 14 yard line. Their first play was dropped at about the 45 and Colorado knew they only had 2 plays left at most. Nick Hirschman dropped back and threw it deep to little used WR Stevenson who made the play and took it to the house with 4 seconds left to give Colorado another 3 point lead. Colorado would squib kick the ball but instead of it going back to the return man, the big guy in the second tier knocked it down and returned it to almost midfield with 1 second left to set UCLA up with a Hail Mary attempt for the win. Luckily it would fall complete and Colorado would escape the #3 team in the nation with a win. Nick Hirschman would throw for over 400 yards and 5 touchdowns on the biggest day and win of his career.

• Like Like x 2
  16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

17. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I have never been so mad at this game than I have today.

18. IrishBearcat

Colorado over UCLA - NICE win Philstyle3005 ! Time for some new blood to rep SOUTH SIDE.

MurkYa21 - very very nice comeback as well.

19. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

As I dive into conference play, I just got through Oregon and USC and i now have stanford all at home
    then i go on the road for 4 straight against #3 UCLA, #9 CU, #4 Or St, #8 Wash. Heck of a road stretch. UCLA will fall a bit but still should be top 10

Ill beplaying stanford in a bit

20. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

• Like Like x 1
  21. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Poor Oshi, he has to face a pissed off UCLA squad that has the remaining recruits visiting. This can make or break my recruiting class lol.

22. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

My HB is out 11 weeks. I dotn have a backup. expect even more passing then usual

23. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Utah leads just 15 seconds but comes out a winner 28-24 over Stanford

It was a rainy ugly game the Utah starting HB was knocked out on play 1 and the team panicked. In came Matthew Pettit but the talent gap between Newton and Pettit is huge but the strength of this team is still the passing attack. Cox had open men all day it felt like but continually was putting too much air under the throws and they sailed high. But when things mattered, he played with fire. After the Cardinals made it 27-7 with about 6 minutes to go in the 4th, they rallied together and took over. After getting a quick touchdown to make it a 7 point game again, the defense couldnt make a stand and Stanford hit an open man in the endzone for a 20 yard score. utah responded with a 54 yard pass to Johnson to get it to the 19 and then after missing a wide open Setzer in the endzone, they came back to the other TE on the score next play. After getting a first down and then another 9 yards, Utah had to call a TO with 2:13 remaining. on 2nd and 1 they stopped the HB on a 2 yard loss. After another TO stopped him again on 3rd down to force a punt with 1:41 and using up all their TOs
    After a crazy defensive super play nearly resulted in an INT that would have ended things on 1st down, 2nd down was the big play. A deep slant for Oliver connected and he broke a big tackle and was off to the races! but he stumbled on his own feet inside the redzone and was then hit from behind, rolling into the endzone but down JUST shy. After chewing some clock, i snuck it up the middle and was stuffed! but with 45 seconds to go i reset and tried again and this time succeeded with 15 seconds remaining to take the lead. A few seconds went of on the kickoff and then an incomplete pass left 6 seconds for a shot to win and then a completed pass for a first down past the 50 but the man was tackled as the clock was expiring to end things!

nerve racking win but it puts the Utes at 6-0 with some tough games ahead. The team is bowl eligible and could be looking at a top 10 ranking for the big showdown against UCLA next week

Even while looking shaky, Cox threw for 389 yards and the 1 score and 1 sneak with no interceptions. The only turnover of the game was a Stanford fumble picked up my Eric Rowe. The Ute D looked strong until late but recorded 6 sacks

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Next week will be Utah vs UCLA for the Spread

25. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    CAL AERIAL ATTACK STUNS WILDCATS

[​IMG]
    Cal Senior OLB David Wilkerson intercepted Daxx Garmen and rumbled 34 yards for a touchdown
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cal headed back home to Berkeley to lick their wounds coming off a 17-37 blowout loss to Oregon State on the road. Coach BakerWildcat7 and the Wildcats were also coming off a loss against Washington State and seeking to get back on track as well. Coach IrishBearcat and BakerWildcat have had a storied rivalry going on for quite some time, and both looked forward to seize a victory in the big game.
    The defense played stout the first quarter with both teams failing to get on the scoreboard. Arizona was doing a great job of winning the field position battle and it was beginning to pay off with some points. The Wildcats added points behind the leg of Kicker Andy Morris, a transfer from Cal. Arizona added two field goals to take a 6-0 lead. The Golden Bear's offense finally picked up steam in the last 2 minutes. The first touchdown WR Matt Johnson blew the top off the Zona defense and hauled in a deep ball for an 80 yard touchdown. WR Kaelin Clay showed off his agility and ability to make defenders miss and scored a 20 yard touchdown. Arizona added another field goal to head into halftime trailing 9-14.​
    Cal's passing attack continued to explode in the third quarter. QB Kyle Boehm was really dialed in and tossed two more touchdown passes. TE Adam Rivers scored on an 11 yard TD reception and Kaelin Clay scored for the second time on a 66 yard touchdown by breaking a tackle and breaking a few ankles with a beautiful spin move. Cal really stuck the nail in the coffin when Arizona QB Daxx Garmen forced a passed into double coverage. OLB David Wilkerson intercepted the throw, and dove into the end-zone for a touchdown. The Golden Bears lead 35-9, but Arizona would add another touchdown on a 2 yard catch by RB Clifton Hall. They would fail to convert the 2-point conversion, and the score of 35-15 stood as the final whistle blew to end the game.
    One of those games that was closer than the score looked, we really benefited some big plays in the passing game, creating turnovers, and using the talent gap to our advantage. GG BakerWildcat7, you have a great passing attack to build your team around. Once the talent gets to Tuscon, you'll be in great shape.​
    UP NEXT: @Southern California

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012