Week 7 Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Jan 19, 2010.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Week 7 Season 5

Bye Week
    Arizona
    Kent State
    UCLA

Game Of The Week
    [​IMG]@[​IMG]

Again the battle for CUSA East starts and ends with these two teams. UCF travels to Hattiesburg this weekend to take on an undefeated and talent laden USM team. Don't get me wrong UCF has plenty of talent themselves lead by Sophomore WR Mike Berg this team can be deadly. Coach Nati has pushed all the right buttons and this team is performing at a high level after an early season loss to Arizona. And then there is USM. Juggarnaught? Coach Ike (who is rumored to be in on any and every job opening out there) has mad skillz at just about every position on the field. Hell even his waterboy Murkya21 is an All American. This looks to be a great matchup and College Gameday is their to capture it all. From the start this game will be Full Tilt. The Vegas line has UCF getting 4 1/2 but that should get down to 3 by gametime. My prediction is USM 42 UCF 37. Broadcast please!!!!

OTHER TOP GAMES

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Auburn travels to Fayetteville for a matchup with the #8 team in the land the unbeaten Hogs of Arkansas. Arkansas is coming off a bye week and will look to introduce 1st year Coach Riptides to the SEC. The Tigers have one loss on the season (an early season route by UCLA) and seemed to have gotten things back in order just in time for league play. The Hogs are 7 point favorites but I smell an upset. Tigers 31-Razorbacks 28.

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

The Boilermakers travel to Happy Valley this weekend to face the Nitney Lions of Penn State. This is a revenge game for Penn State. They were embarrassed last year in Indiana 37-7 and Coach Paterno did not let this team forget that. "We got stomped last year. They out-gained us by over 300 yards on offense. They are without Robinson their all everything QB so yeah I feel like we have a shot." said Coach JoePa in his weekly press conference. He repeated this several times throughout the conference that and this is not his 1996 team leads me to believe that Alzheimers may be setting in because they are gonna get stomped again. Purdue looks to keep rolling behind a strong offense and Vegas agrees they are 14 point favorites in this game. Purdue 45-Penn State 17.

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

This is a pick em game. Colorado is rolling winning each of their last 4 games including Coach Yorks 1st Big Twelve Conference win. Coach York will be traveling to Texas for the 1st time since leaving the University of Houston. His team will be lead by FR RB John Harris who has over 600 yards rushing with 9 TDs in five games. Mack Browns Texas team is very senior laden and has a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Like I said this is a toss up I say CU 28-UT 27!

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

This game has sleeper written all over it. Tech will be licking thier wounds after last weeks tough victory. They are coming off 3 good wins, are very talented at the skill positions and under new Coach Max things are starting to turn around in Lubbock yet it seems that Kansas State is the type of team that has frustrated Tech in the past. The house has Tech giving 7 points I am calling a closer game 35-30 with Tech pulling it out in the end.

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Over the past couple of years this was a big game. Not this year. Rice has been in a funk since Coach Max Bolted for the Big 12 and greener pastures. Tulsa who two weeks ago trounced a Houston team that had a similar coaching change will win big again. Tulsa 45-Rice 17. Tulsa is a 21 point favorite.

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Again another game that in years past used to mean something. This year its just another notch in BGSU Coach Ravedowns quest for COY. BGSU runs it up today 45-Buffalo 10. Covering the spread in which they are giving 30.

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I like the fact that we're already mentioning S. Miss to be undefeated before the play Tulsa! Bulletin Board! :p

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

oops forgot about your game J. I will edit it after you two play tonight if you can pull that game out. It should be a good one I wouldn't feel good placing money on either team.(not that I do that sort of thing)

4. Jman

It's all good, you know I just like busting your chops :D

5. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Does this league still exist?

It feels dead around here.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Are we advanced yet? I'm excited to get to my bye week recruiting. :).

Seems like with the long delay for this past week that interest has fallen off a little bit. Hopefully that's just a result of the delay...

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

SOOOOO

WHO WON?! WTF

Nice layout york!

edit: Robinson has been cleared to start, and made a full recovery.

8. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I think Ike was up when I saw the score by maybe a touchdown or two but I didn't stay awake to see it go final.

9. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Internet issues

Hey all,

The internet is out at my apartment. I am trying to figure out why but no way to know when it will be resolved. Just a heads up as you might have to proceed without me if we get ready to advance.

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

No problem Shrike..

btw, USM won.

Denard comes back with an explosive performance.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    Pur 28 14 3 10 55
    PSU 14 7 8 7 36

Purdue had no problem scoring, it was too easy. Backup QB TJ Smith started rotating in in the second quarter. PSU was able to hand up until a 80 KR for TD by Eric Williams with 1:12 in the 1st Q.

Denard went 14 of 21 for 234, 2 TDs, 1 INT and rushed for 153 on 17 carries, 1 TD.
    http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16019141

Coach K --
    We are still not sure what these "sliders" things are, but we are working on finding more information.

11. Jman

USM won 27-10.

Neither team could block a DE/OLB on the edge, thats for sure. 1ke hit two HUGE plays on QB scramble then throw at the LOS after the pocket broke down. 1ke is just fucking loaded, but, I look forward to the rematch when I have my #1 HB back and won't (hopefully) have to abandon the run game so early.

12. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Hey guys lets get this thing back going strong! 2 nights and advance!!! Lets do this/

Im gonna edit this page with a quick summary and some highlights of the two pass plays I got that helped me win.

Murk, any word on a replacements, or are we gonna roll with 10. We have 10 very very solid guys. And we could be fine, Just curious.

13. Jman

Fucker! Haha, there was NO-ONE covering the SOB's! No-one! (One was me being a jackass, but the other was just NUTS)

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're just going to stick it out with 10...

It should even things out very nicely after this season too..as far as changing jobs is concerned.

Guys, I am very impressed with how quick this week moved. Don't feel rushed if we start moving at a quick pace, we will always be on a 72 hour advance schedule, but advancing as fast as possible.

It looks like by the end of tonight we will be down to just two games: Max, York, and Shrike has a BYE week.

Hopefully Shrike will be able to get back on the net soon, and will see this post.

15. Jman

Tulsa Escapes With 31-28 Last Second Win For The Williams Cup

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    TEAM 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    Tulsa 7 2 6 16 31
    Rice 7 7 0 14 28

Thank God for the return of Jason Horner because Beaver did everything he could do to help us lose by not being able to do shit in the passing game. Tulsa completes only 8 passes (2 in 1st half) for a badass 57 yards and 2 picks. But, we like to run the ball, and run we did. Horner put up 177 on 26, Beaver had 151 on 18, and the FB Bray had 57 of his own on 11 carries.

Rice's numbers are deceiving as they went 26/42 passing for 372 yards, but, I turned the ball over to them 4 times by actual T/O's and 2 more on failed 4th and inches where we managed to recover defensively and force alot of T/O's ourselves...their stats are incredibly deceiving.

We actually won the game on a 0:05 FG after a 27 yard draw play by beaver (his long on the day and we only ran it planning on just going to OT). I hate rivalires, but my lack of any passing game whatsoever killed me.

We will be changing playbooks. Fuck the airforce shit. I've got a feature back and a do it ALL FB that are underclassmen so its time to plan around them. Beaver is a great senior, but a senior still....he'll get his touches/carries still, but, Horner has shown he WANTS the rock and I need to get into something to better use all of my talented young ass recievers. Sorry to vent, but I'm pissed.

Offensive POTG:
    Jason Horner - SO HB - 26 Carries for 177 and 1TD with 3 catches for 27 yards.

Defensive POTG:
    Zachary Rutledge - SO MLB - 13 tackles with 4 tackles for a loss, 2 sacks, and 1 deflection

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I love it!

When I took the OD offline a while back Rice became the #1 passing offense in the nation. What the hell?!

17. Jman

I know, they threw Max's style oooooooout the fucking window lol. The were 3-4 wide 95% of the game.

18. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Thats a damn shame for that HB Coley... I hope he transfers to Tech haha.

19. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Got online, got 'er done.

20. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Auburn slips past Arkansas on the road 21-19.

The tiger jumped out to a 14-0 lead with about 2 minutes to go in the half. Arkansas punted and of course my returner fumbled and it was scooped up for 6. Half time score 14-6. The opening drive of the second have saw the Tigers move the ball all the way to the Razorback 3 yard line. The Tigers gambled and tried to put the game away with a TD. However, the toss sweep was held to a one yard gain. The very next play the Arkansas WR gets behind the D and goes for 90 yards down to the 3. They punch it in the next play to make the score 14-13.
    The Tigers settle back down and go up 21-13 but Arkansas scores with 3 minutes left but miss the two point conversion. Final Score 21-19.

21. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Auburn slips past Arkansas on the road 21-19.

The tiger jumped out to a 14-0 lead with about 2 minutes to go in the half. Arkansas punted and of course my returner fumbled and it was scooped up for 6. Half time score 14-6. The opening drive of the second have saw the Tigers move the ball all the way to the Razorback 3 yard line. The Tigers gambled and tried to put the game away with a TD. However, the toss sweep was held to a one yard gain. The very next play the Arkansas WR gets behind the D and goes for 90 yards down to the 3. They punch it in the next play to make the score 14-13.
    The Tigers settle back down and go up 21-13 but Arkansas scores with 3 minutes left but miss the two point conversion. Final Score 21-19.

Offensive Player of the Game - RB, Johnson 30 carries 180 yards and 2 Td's

22. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    TEAM 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    CU 3 10 10 14 37
    UT 7 3 0 7 17

UT HAS NO ANSWER FOR CU

The Buffs Offense ran into Austin and ran all over the Longhorns defense 37-17. The Colorado offense scored 3 rushing TD's on the day. Two of those scores were from freshman sensations John Harris, who had 35 touches and 183 yards and FB Bruce Flowers. Clark Evans who threw for 1 TD had the third rushing TD of the game on a QB roll out that he tucked and scampered 9 yards for the score. Evans was 16-23 for 198 yards and the Buffs O racked up 411 yards on the #10 Horns Defense. The Colorado D stuffed the Horns attack all day and gave up only 279 yards.

23. Jman

Sooooooo, when we advancing this biiiiithch? Looks all good to go! YAY! :D

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Paging Mr York....

Hey, where did my summary go....?

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas Tech showed why they are one of the top ranked teams in the country this week against Kansas State. Tech dominated from the first whistle, and put up one of the most impressive point totals in school history. Harris was himself today... That means he threw the ball a lot, completed a lot of passes, gained a lot of yards, threw a lot of TDs, and threw a lot of INTs. Cheech Charles, who has been getting a lot of Heisman hype lately, had a great game but was over-shadowed by (RS)Senior Eric Ward. The two WRs combined for 18catches 348yd and 5TDs. Tech played well on defense, and did something on special teams Coach Max has never seen before... The Red Raider defense blocked a punt and recovered it for a TD! Backup FS Greg Johnson ran through the Wildcats' line untouched and put his hand up to block the kick as he ran by the punter. The ball went backwards and landed on the goal line.. where Johnson was there to make the recovery.

Final Score: 62-21

Passing-
    Harris: 26/39 435yd 7TD 4INT

Rushing-
    Hines: 15ATT 98yd

Receiving-
    Charles: 9REC 183yd 2TD
    Ward: 9REC 165yd 3TD