Week 7, Season 5

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mmullen8, Jan 28, 2012.

1. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

We advanced late last night...

We move again Sunday Night

If your not going to play your game, let us know, we can be moving quite a bit faster considering must of us play right away.

Some pretty pedestrian games this week, all games we should win. Lets go for a clean sweep fellas, most of us need the wins.

2. Pro

Pro Walk On

Kent State gets back to their winning ways by beating Bowling Green 45-28.

The offenses could not be stopped in this game which turned out to be a shoot out. "I don't like playing in these kinds of games. It shows that our defense as a whole was not up to par today. I take great pride in our defense." Flashes head coach Andrew Profio commented after the game. The Falcons and Golden Flashes combined for a total of 1009 yards and 1o touchdowns.

The scoring got started when Flashes kicker Grant Cooper chipped in a 36 yard field goal. The Flashes defense actually played well in the first half holding the BG offense to 0 points and forcing two turnovers. Kent would score the first half's only touchdown on an Adam Justice 47 yard run. Justice was playing because starting running back Akise Teague suffered a concussion and would not return for the game. Justice would prove himself with a huge day.

Bowling Green took the opening possession of the second half and scored when quarterback Matt Johnson found wideout Keith Weber for a 36 yard strike. Kent would respond with a big pass play with quarterback Jordan Tarver finding Josh Barber for a 54 yard touchdown. The Falcons quickly responded with an Anthony Wayne 68 touchdown run. The score heading into the 4th quarter was Kent 17-14.

The defenses stopped playing in the 4th quarter as both teams had plenty of big plays. Kent kicked off the fireworks when Tarver found wideout Josh Boyle. The Falcons responded when Weber hauled in another touchdown from Johnson to bring the tally to 24-21. Justice would score on a 78 yard run to bring to give the Flashes a 10 point lead. However just 12 seconds later, Johnson found wideout Patrick Bryant for an 80 yard touchdown bomb to pull BG within 3. Kent would finally put away the Falcons with a pair of Justice touchdowns, from 58 and 3 yards respectively.

"This was a close one, but we wanted this game more than they did. We were pissed off losing to Akron and we are pleased to get the win. However, we can stay complacent because we still need 4 more wins to be bowl eligible. This team won't quit, I wont let them." Profio said after the game.

FLASHES STATS

Jordan Tarver: 8/20, 226 yards, 2 touchdowns

Adam Justice: 21 carries, 284 yards, 4 touchdowns

Josh Boyle: 3 catches, 129 yards, 1 touchdown

Josh Barber: 1 catch, 54 yards, 1 touchdown

Andre Parker: 9 tackles

Riley Hills (FRESHMAN): 7 tackles, 6 for loss, 4 sacks

Standford Holt (FRESHMAN): 7 tackles

• Like Like x 2
  3. Goose

Goose Walk On

Syracuse heads into Death Valley and smash Howard's Rock![​IMG]

It's not often that a 1-3 team loses a game as the favorite, but when that 1-3 team is the 22nd ranked team in the nation it is. Syracuse beat Clemson 31-3 in a totally dominating game. The Orange had two rushers run for over 100 yards. Sorry I would have more info but the OD site has nothing but the final score for the game.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Big wins goose and Pro, nice work

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Looks like I left Clem at the right time.

6. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Tennessee gets man handled at all phases of the ball and loses 38-0 in Georgia. No one came to play five turnovers negative rushing for the game. Could not stop the run or the pass. All around shit show this week, but at least i don't have to play Alabama next...oh wait i do hooray for me!

7. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Memphis survives a tough one against UTEP, winning 35-28. The final three td drives led by backup qb Jovan Chambers, who will run the show next year in Memphis. The Sophmore QB was the jewel of a shitty class when I took over. He was pretty solid for a 69 ovr. The run game was finally able to break some plays and the defense created some turnovers, a nice change from the 3 game losing streak

• Like Like x 1