Week 7 Season 5

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 18, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Saturday @4PM EST (Sunday User Games)​
    =============== UCLA Bruins (3-2) ===============
    Last week, UCLA won 48-45 against Washington State (0-4).
    This week, the Bruins travel to Salt Lake City to face the #21 Utah Utes (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Steve Smith has committed to Texas
    - (****) C Mark Williams has committed to LSU
    =============== #8 Cal Golden Bears (3-1) ===============
    Last week the Golden Bears were idle.
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (3-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Josh Martin has committed to Cal
    =============== #11 Oregon State Beavers (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 41-10 against Washington (3-1).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) K Dwayne Wilson has committed to Oregon State
    - (****) LE Lewis Wilson has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) DT Brad Pace has committed to Wisconsin
    - (*****) WR Thomas Rogers has committed to Oregon State
    =============== #21 Utah Utes (2-2) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 67-3 against Utah State (2-3).
    This week, the Utes will host UCLA (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Greg Robinson has committed to Virginia Tech
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (3-2) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 42-14 against Colorado (5-0).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #11 Oregon State (4-1).
    =============== Washington State Cougars (0-4) ===============
    Last week, Washington State lost 48-45 against UCLA (3-2).
    This week, the Cougars will host Arizona State (2-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) LT Darryl McCoy has committed to Colorado
    - (****) LOLB Jon Jones has committed to Alabama
    - (****) HB Curtis Randle has committed to Tennessee
    =============== #3 Colorado Buffaloes (5-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 42-14 against Arizona (3-2).
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (2-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RG Chaz Johnson has committed to Air Force
    - (***) FS Billy East has committed to Colorado
    - (**) LT Darryl McCoy has committed to Colorado
    - (****) ROLB Blair Pace has committed to Colorado
    - (****) MLB Adam Johnson has committed to Oklahoma
    =============== #10 Washington Huskies (3-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington lost 41-10 against Oregon State (4-1).
    This week, the Huskies travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (3-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) SS Walter Dowdell has committed to Washington

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Arizona State 64
    Washington State 55

Washington State is now 0-5. It looks like the offense is going to have to outscore opponents in order to win this season, but luckily the defense should be improved for next season. Freshman QB Tim Todd was spectacular throwing for 569 and 6 TDs with 0 INTs; Junior WR Jorge Morgan and Sophomore WR Chris McGee were on the receiving end of 2 TDs each.

Hats off to ASU, their no huddle option offense was impossible for the defense to react to and we really had our hands full.

0-5 but still have our eyes on the division...

#2 offense in the nation with the #115 defense. Nice!!
    2350 passing yards, -64 rushing...that is so bad, I've never had that before.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

4. IrishBearcat

The offense is good enough to hang with anybody IMO, but obviously there is only so much you can do defensively with a lack of talent.

I saw your defensive target ratings in your "finding diamonds in the rough" thread and I believe you're on the right track. Keep it up, you'll definitely be able to steal some games in conference play with this passing attack. It's tough to "keep the offense in front of you" with an under-manned defense, but it's really what you have to do. Running the ball a bit more might help too as shortening the game = LESS time your defense is on the field (which is a great thing as long as your not giving up quick points).

We play next week, it'll be a big game especially after last season's thriller. The road team is undefeated in our rivalry.

5. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

anytime

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Let's shoot for 1:30 P.M.

7. IrishBearcat

This better be streaming LIVE!

8. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

does that mean now or 130 CST?
    people need to say their zones

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Now, I'm est.

10. IrishBearcat

Cover 2 right here

11. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

sorry, im getting on now. stream coming

12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 38
    Stanford 10

Colorado went into Palo Alto and came out with another Pac 12 win, 38-10. Colorado completely controlled this game and Stanford never had the ability to really get anything established offensively, and the defense struggled to contain Colorado's offense. The Buffaloes running back Rashad Hall is finally playing like many expected, going for his third straight 100 + yard rushing game, rushing 19 times for 214 yards and 3 touchdowns. After a slow start to the season, he's really picked it up and played well the last few games, taking a lot of pressure off first year starter Stevie Dorman. Stevie had a solid game as well though only throwing 2 incompletions on the day, and throwing for over 250 yards and 2 touchdowns. The Buffaloes move to 6-0 on the year, and have UCLA coming into town next week who will be looking for revenge after last years hail mary to win the game for the Buffaloes.

13. IrishBearcat

GOLDEN BEARS HURDLE OVER DUCKS

[​IMG]
    Down 0-21, Cal rallied back to beat Oregon 35-28
    After forcing a three and out and enjoying a long punt return inside Oregon territory the Cal offense stalled decided to punt from the 33 yard line. The Ducks took the ball from the 4 yard line, and ran right up the gut for a 96 yard touchdown! Things didn't get any better as Cal QB Kyle Boehm threw a pick six and then was knocked out for the game. Oregon was driving and MLB Sam Rowe missed an interception by the thinnest of margins on a crossing route and Oregon was up 21-0. Autzen Stadium was loving it and the electricity was incredible. Cal buckled down and finally put a few drives together and cut the lead to 14-21 at half.
    Cal drove down the field and punched it in with Heisman Candidate RB Brendon Bigelow. He was starting to heat up in the second half and rushed for over 150 yards and two touchdowns. Bigelow punched it in again on a 17 yard run up the gut to give Cal their first lead of the day up 28-21. Backup RB Shaun Young was having a great game as well. He rushed for 130+ yards on the day, and his 76 yard touchdown sealed the game. Oregon cut the lead to 35-28 but didn't recover the onside kick. Game over.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  14. IrishBearcat

Just fuzzyl0gic vs CPU left. He's off at 9 PM EST, and should be playing soon after that. Expect advance mid-evening.

15. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think it's because I moved my best rated DB to FS, it was the CB I was recruiting with you for, and he can't come up and make tackles so a lot of big plays.

16. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 48 - Arizona 21

The "Family Bowl", resumed after two seasons of not playing. OSU started off quick and jumped to a 10-0 lead. Arizona kept it a game until the 4th quarter when OSU pulled away. This game had several big plays by OSU. Arizona put together several nice long drives and had a huge 80 yard TD in double coverage. The keys to the game were Arizona's RB being knocked out for the game early on and then Arizona running into the kicker that lead to an OSU TD. My kicker is insane. He drilled a 58 yard FG with room to spare on the running into the kicker play. He will be truely missed next season that is for sure. QB Smith had a solid day going over 200 yards passing and only threw one pick when he was under pressured.

17. IrishBearcat

Ahhh I see. Perhaps you should've moved your fastest DB to FS and kept him at CB since he had great coverage abilities.

Are you free tonight? We're up next, my night is open. Maybe we could knock out our game tonite.

18. IrishBearcat

Epic grudge match! UCLA = road warriors? We'll see..

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yes I am. I'll be on so just get ahold of me on xbl.