WEEK 7 SUMMARIES!!!!

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Snozberriez8198, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Snozberriez8198

Snozberriez8198 10 Star Recruit

PATRIOTS OUTLAST JETS AND PULLOUT WIN IN 20-10 THRILLER!!!!

This was not a pretty game for either team, and it was evident for the get go. The Patriots started out on fire with Rob Gronkowski scoring on a short pass over the middle on a Jets all out blitz leaving him wide open. The Patriots put up another 3 points a few drives later after a dropped pass that would have ended up as a touchdown by Aaron Hernandez. The last touchdown was scored by Wes Welker 5 minutes before end of first half after a missed tackle by cromartie. The Jets answered with a long pass and run after the catch by Dustin Keller going into the half 17-7.

The second half is when things got ugly for both teams, as the Patriots couldn't do much offensively with pivotal dropped balls on key 3rd downs. The jets took advantage on a fumble and scored on a field goal in the 3rd quarter. The Pateiots defense came up huge on 2 plays late in the game. The first was a 4th and goal on the Patriots 1 yard line, and shone Greene was stuffed in the backfield. The next was on a late 4th quarter interception picked off by Will Allen to end a drive putting Patriots up 20-10.

The rematch later this season looks to be another thriller, and this time will be held in New Jersey. The Patriots are now 6-1 , and well on track, but the Jets are now 2-5 and off to a rough start.

THE STORY OF THE DAY WAS SHORTLY AFTER THE PATRIOTS GAME, THE ANNOUNCEMENT CAME THAT WES WELKER WAS DEALT TO THE RAIDERS FOR a 1st and 2nd RND PICK!!!

2. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Awesome game. I know I came out on the losing end, but it was great fun. A good, defensive battle.

Thanks!

3. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

[​IMG]

Lions beat Bears 28-0 as Chicago's Coach Quits On Team Halfway Through the Third!
    The Lions came in to tonight's game expecting a hard fought battle with their traditional rival, the Chicago Bears. Instead of what they thought was going to be a tough game turned into a mockery of it.
    Detroit came out and were pounding the ball between the tackles, with Leshoure and Best gaining yards and Chicago fighting to keep up. Stafford hit Plaxico Burress in the endzone and gave the Lions a 7-0 lead. Chicago couldn't answer with Cutler forcing passes and Detroit giving them varied looks with man and zone coverages that the Bears couldn't figure out.
    After gaining a 21-0 lead on two Jahvid Best touchdowns, the Lions had the ball with one minute left in the half. Coach Westcott optioned for running the clock out at the and taking a 21-0 lead. After Detroit received the ball in the second half's opening drive, Best fumbled and Peppers grabbed the ball and ran it in for a touchdown giving the Bears their first points and a 21-7 deficit.
    The Lions answered Chicago's potential game momentum changing play with a long drive that was capped with a Plaxico Burress end-around touchdown run that gave them a 28-7 lead with 5 minutes left in the fourth. The Bears got the ball back then things got weird.
    Chicago went 4 and out and the Bears coach left the sidelines and quit the game!
    The madden officials ruled it a forfeit victory for the Lions 28-0 and coach Westcott scratching his head about the utter lack of sportsmanship and dignity that the Bears coach showed. "I was stunned! I've came back from games like that in the past and we were actually playing off their guys." Westcott added "They seemed intent on being one-dimensional and kept throwing deep down the middle all game, that makes for an easy victory wherever you play."
    I absolutely refuse to post any stats on this game! This was a complete waste of time that I stayed up late for so I can be tired at work all day. The only noble thing he did was retire from the league immediately after quitting while I was taking pictures of the peer quit pop-up to send to snozberriez. I did nothing unsim and even "laid-off" after I had a 21-0 lead in the second quarter. Everyone loses, I do, you do, but fucking deal with it instead of acting like this. The stats are posted to where the game was cut off and if anyone sees anything that looks like I exploited this guy then let me know.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DashingHEEL

DashingHEEL Walk On

wow this is atrocious behavior and very unacceptable.

5. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

LOL...this guy made more posts about me being a cocksucker and racial comments than he did the whole time he was in the league. That's got to be a first on TSO!

6. franzkafka

franzkafka Walk On

Content reported. This is not acceptable behavior, nor language, regardless of how upset you are. This kind of stuff has no place here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2013
  7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

To all 4th and Long members,

My experience, for lack of a better word last night was obviously highly unusual and became inappropriate on this thread, my email (made mistake of leaving gmail address on profile) and XBL. Regardless of what was said or done my reaction was lowbrow with my post in response to what this guy was saying about me. My anger over the issue took over and I became irrational over it because I just added fuel to his fire. If this ever occurs to you take the higher road and let things like this go by the wayside and report it. I've never been spoken to like that in a very long time and instead of using fists, I used this thread and it was childish. I don't want anyone in this league to feel that an experience playing me would be as frustrating as this because I really did nothing wrong during the game it is was really just sour grapes for this guy and should of never been handled out in the open.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  9. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

Damn I was driving home from work to day and was trying to read the posts, but did the smart thing at put my iphone away. Now I get to my computer, and everything was taken down lol.

Oh well...

Let me get my game summary in...

10. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

"Giants Bend, but don't Break"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The New York Giants did not play their best game, but did enough to beat the Washington Redskins. Rookie Robert Griffin III had 243 yards through the air with 1 TD. Griffin did struggle completing just 12 of 34 pass attempts. The Redskins WRs were not helping Griffin as they had several drops on the day.

The Giants Defense played strong allowing just 80 yards rusing, and picking RG3 twice. DE Jason Pierre Paul added a sack late in the game with the Redskins in the endzone.

Giants QB Eli Manning had a better game going 11/19 for 142 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT. The Giants controlled the game with their run game. Ahmad Bradshaw finished the game with 105 yds. David Wilson added 47 yards on two carries and Andre Brown chipped in with 28 more yards.

Player of the game

Amhad Bradsahw

• Like Like x 2
  11. DaGap25

DaGap25 Walk On

Indianapolis - 48 Cleveland - 28

It was a high scoring on in Indianapolis on Sunday . The Colts jumped out to a
    Early lead and never looked back. Andrew Luck was the star of the day passing for
    347 yards and tossing 4 tds. One of wich was to Reggie Wayne for his first touchdown
    Catch of the year. Wayne also average 17yrds a catch and a total of 87 on the day.
    Colts are now riding a three game win streak heading into a divisional battle vs Tennessee.

tempDD4_3351--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpeg

12. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

Saints D demolishes Buccaneers

The New Orleans Saints make a statement win over the hapless Bucs in a blowout 41-18 victory. With the return of Jonathan Vilma to the starting lineup, the defense turned up the heat on Freeman and the struggling Tampa Bay offensive line. Racking up 7 sacks on the day, and forcing 3 turnovers, the Saints looked like they were definitely in mid-season form.

Dree Brees was on fire, going 20/32 367 yards and 4 TD passes. Not to be outdone, Darren Sproles created a balanced offense with his 198 yards on 28 carries. A much need win in a strong division, to keep pace with the Falcons. Next up, a road trip to Denver and Peyton Manning.

Untitled.jpg