Week 7 Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by marcman777, Mar 25, 2009.

1. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Week 7 Summaries

WOW. unbelievable! Opening drive Holliday fumbles and ensuing drive leads to TD. After 2 extra points missed and 1 returned for 2pts, and a field goal missed and returned for a td, and 4 horrible kick offs giving them excellent field position, i finally f'n realized my All American Kicker was hurt and had a WR kicking the ball 10 yards every time. Unreal. Florida converted 2 4th down attempts. My team panicked like little girls and fumbled and threw 4 picks! Defense played like Garbage. I don't think i stopped them once. I'm so disapointed in my team and it's manager. LSU, a supposed National Championship Contender got absolutely SPANKED, and embarrassed in the Swamp to the Gators 74-43!

I saved some highlights for the 1st time. Now i'm trying to find them and post them. Can anyone tell me where to go to get them and how to post them on here? THanks

2. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Tech take the home win 41-24 against undefeated Nebraska, but not without controversy.

Ravedown sent me a message after the game questioning a couple of my play which I will describe here...

Play 1 - He describes it as 4th and 3 from his 47 midway through the 1st quarter. My memory is the pits but I was feeling like it was more like the 44 because I was considering a field goal and more like 4th and 2. Reguardless, I got it and in the flow of the game I felt it was my only play.

Play 2 - I just got sacked with 38 seconds to go in the half to make it 4th and 13 on Rave's 43 yard line. I was expecting him to call a time out and I waas going to try and pin him down deep in his own end but he never did. I came out in 4 wides just to throw the bomb to end the half (which is a sim play) and Rave stayed in the same defense he was in all game, a 3-4 wih the linebackers up close, looks exactly (like the 5-2 ;)) long story short, easy bomb TD to Crabtree.

If you guys feel I have crossed the line I def. need a penalty so lets hear what you think.

3. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

The only play is the 4 & 3 because if your read the rules that is illegal. Your were on my 47 and I was thinking you would have to punt because of the rules and it was way to long at a 64 yard FG to attempt. That's putting it on curve for this video game too.

Play 2? I made no question into that. What I said is that this play (4th down play) was important because...
    A. It was illegal
    B. You ended up scoring a TD

I mentioned nothing about how you scored a TD. 3 of your TDs came by you just lobbing it up to Crabtree. That's just me having crappy slow CBs.

You would not have punted and "pinned me deep" if you did not score on the bomb. You were in FG range.

4. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Again man, I dont want to get into an back and forth with you, I dont think I was on the 47 but if you say so im not going to fight you over that. If you felt like I broke the rules right there I wish you would have told me I would have gladly took 4 knees or punted out of the endzone. Im pretty sure I threw a pick on that drive remember

And as far as the three TD's to crabtree, tou did not cover the guy. You ran the same defense all game, a 3-4 with the linebackers in and you controlled the saftey. What would you like me to do, you were giving it to me. You had so many guy in the middle of the field it was impossible to pass in there. And I could have done that play about 4 more times but chose not to. Im sorry if you feel the one 4th down cost you the game, if you do please suggest a punishment.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Should have saved the video.

6. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

My take on this is simple..........

If the rules say you have to punt and you dont then its illegal, BUT I also feel that Mike Leech goes for it on 4th and 2,3 or 4 in that situation. Maybe the rules need to be looked at a little bit? What I have a bigger problem with is a guy sticking in the same defense the entire game. I hate people that try to win anything by manipulating the rules. I know the game of football and running the same plays over and over again is not sim football. I say we dock Bogey 2 hours of recruiting and we drop it. Lets get back to playing REAL FOOTBALL, that is why we are here.

Go Hokies

7. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

A. I'm not complaing about the TDs to Crabtree!!!! Like I said in my post, it was due to my SLOW CBs. On those 3 TDs, everytime my CBs were in deep zones. In deep zones their responsibilty is not to get beat deep, they did 3 times. I was not beat because of they plays I was calling, I was beat because of personel.

I did not control the safety the whole time, I split my time between a LB and safety.

B.If I felt you broke the rules? You did. You were on my side of the field and you can only go for it and 4 & 1 and it was 4 & 3. Your the commish you should know the rules.

I don't know if that did cost me the game. But I lost 4 recruiting hours for alot less.

Irishman

Yes, I use the SAME formation most of the time. But I do not use the SAME play all the time. Big difference.

A rule is a rule. I lost 4 hours of recruiting because I moved my safteys above my MLBs on two plays over two user games. Is that unrealistic? No! In other dynastys I've played in as long as your were past the 50 you could go for it. I personally don't mind that he went for it, but he broke a rule when he did. If he had followed the rule, he would have had punted instead of scoring a TD later in the drive.

8. Week Seven
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    [​IMG]
    vs. [​IMG]
    OSU (4-2)M.H.H.
    Missouri (4-2) Krazy PK55

Box Score
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    OSU​
    0​
    0​
    7​
    0​
    7​
    Missouri​
    7​
    7​
    3​
    3​
    20​

Game Statistics
    OSU​
    Missouri​
    First Downs
    10​
    12​
    Total Offense
    180​
    291​
    Rushes-Yards
    13-46​
    26-77​
    Comp-Att-TD
    12-19​
    17-21​
    Passing Yards
    134​
    214​
    3rd Down Conv
    1-6(16%)​
    6-11(54%)​
    Turnovers
    3​
    1​
    T.O.P.
    9:23​
    14:41​

9. Week Seven
    [​IMG]
    vs. [​IMG]
    OSU (4-2)Milehigh Hitman
    Missouri (4-2) Krazy PK55

Box Score
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    OSU​
    0​
    0​
    7​
    0​
    7​
    Missouri​
    7​
    7​
    3​
    3​
    20​

Game Statistics
    OSU​
    Missouri​
    First Downs
    10​
    12​
    Total Offense
    180​
    291​
    Rushes-Yards
    13-46​
    26-77​
    Comp-Att-TD
    12-19​
    17-21​
    Passing Yards
    134​
    214​
    3rd Down Conv
    1-6(16%)​
    6-11(54%)​
    Turnovers
    3​
    1​
    T.O.P.
    9:23​
    14:41​

10. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

This counts as my recap too! Very nicely done as always...

We did have to restart about 2 mins into the 1st. I was on the goaline trying to score and my connection disappeared. Both of us rebooted and played again.

Milehigh, you are a fantastic SIM player. You made some nice adjustments later in the 3rd that put the brakes on my offense. Thanks for the game and I wish you all the best the rest of the way through.

11. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I think Bogey should be docked some time for goin on 4th and 3 on Ravedowns side, but we shoulda been a little more leniant on the rules for the 1st season. Let's be honest, there are a lot of rules and when your in the heat of battle, you're gonna forget something sooner or later. One mistake is just that, a mistake. It's when you break the rules multiple times in a game that bug me. If i play someone and they break a rule, you'll never hear a bitch from me. But if he does it multiple times or abuses it, then i will say something right there, then post it here.

12. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

I have gone for it on 4th 6 times all season.

Ok man, so make a suggestion already as to what you would like done. I have defended you both time you have been called out for garbage play and gave you the benifit of the doubt both times, more than a lot of people would have done bro. I picked you 3 times, sacked you 4 times and blocked 1 punt, and you balming the game on a 4th down ?I still dont even think it was 3 yards, I wished you saved the play or said something when it happened. The fact is I knew that you were going to get on here and complain about something so this is no biggie, I will take my dock on time and that will be that

13. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Once guys get players with 99 speed are we going to complain about them to? If people just played it right we wouldn't have these issues.

14. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Whether or not you have defended me or not you docked me hours for breaking the rule of moving a player on two plays that did not stop a score or have any bearing on the game.

READ MY POST BOGEY, I SAID I DON'T KNOW IF THIS LOST ME THE GAME OR NOT.

You broke a rule that lead to a score instead of having to punt or kick a 64 yard FG.

You are the one who brought this to the on the forum. I sent you a PM. You should have been responsible enough bring punishment/no punishment to yourself as the commisioner.

Dude I'm not a complainer or a whiner. Someone else started that. I just want to play my games and recruit.

15. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Well your not coming off that way, I will take the 2 hour dock and we can move on. Im also sending you a PM right now so please check this.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I think in the future we should require video evidence. It would take a lot of the he said, he said out of it.

17. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Agree 100%

18. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

I swear to BEJESUS that the next time I play a user that goes 5-2 or 3-4 stacked middle over and over again, I'm gonna throw, throw, throw, I'll throw the frickin hail mary every down if I have to and call it good...I'm a SIM player but enough is enough...it's time to start exploiting that mess.

Bogey, the rule says if your past the 50 and less than 1, to go...It can be confusing because I thought it was EITHER past the 50 OR less than 1 yard to go past the 50. I played a guy in a ranked match online and had 4th and 2 from about the 42 or so and I punted and had to listen to 5 minutes of commentary about how I'm a crappy coach and won't have a job very long if I continue that....even though I demolished this guy and got him to drop he went for it EVERY 4th down for 4 quarters even on HIS SIDE of the 50!!!

I think we do need to make an adjustment to the 4th down rule....To me, as long as your past the 50 and have 5 yards or less you should be able to go for it...especially if the CPU is telling you to...it is a part of college football and it's not a gimme either...it's a gamble...ONLY ONE THING...NO QB SNEAKS EVER...that play is trash on this game and everyone knows it...

As is Commish you're right by giving yourself a minor penalty. It was a breach of the rules, not done in a cheezing manner, and it certainly didn't change the outcome...

RAVEDOWN...buddy your 3 for 3 in user games with guys telling you to mix it up...SIM is not running the same base D the entire game...4 hours wasn't enough for you to rethink it? It's nothing personal, really it's not, it's that we're all trying to create a SIM league and these things are going to have to be addressed.

Peace,
    PK

19. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Let me just throw this out as far as 4TH downs.

Your own 39 yard line back you are never allowed to go for it.

From your own 40-49 yard line, you can only go for it on 4th and inches.

From the 50 to your opponents 40, you can go for it from 4th and 1 or less.

From your opponents 39 to goal, you can go for it anytime.

As far as overall 4th down play calling:
    You can go for anytime you are down by 16 or more in the 4th quarter.
    You can also go for it anytime down under 3:00 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Now, to keep things interested to go along with these 4th down rules. Make it so you are allowed either 1 fake punt or fake FG during the game.

Might take some getting use to, but I have played under these rules before and have never had a issue with them.

20. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Those are some solid Ideas, we should write something up and vote on it if we feel that strong about it. All I know is I was already down by 7, and he has a high powered offense and punting it and getting 20 yards of feild position would have been basically worthless.

21. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

too many rules. i like PK's take on it. Past the 50, 4th n 5 or less you can go for it. This is NCAA not NFL.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I say past your own 40. Like Bogey said it's pointless to punt only to gain a few yards of field position, especially when the main way to stop people on D is if they throw a pic or fumble.

23. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

I'm cool with the 40 mark.

24. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

If were going to have rules about anything that happens during gameplay, we should keep it simple. It's get to confusing have to remember 3 or 4 different scenarios...

For example why can't you go for it if it is more than 4 and inches or 4 and 1, real college football team go for it on 4th down and a few yards all the time...If the idea is to keep things SIM than that's what we should be looking at...It's the cheezers going for it on 4th and a 12 from their own 30 that we're trying to avoid.

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I would encourage people to go for it in that scenario against me. It's easier to D up when you what type of pattern to look for. Really though I hate it more when people go for it when they are in field goal range then when they are in the middle of the field.