Week 7: Vikings (47) vs Packers (45)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Week 7: Vikings (47) vs Packers (45)

VIKINGS WIN NORTHERN SLUGFEST, 47-45
    The Minnesota Vikings outlast the Packers in an electric offensive filled night in Green Bay.

[​IMG]
    Vikings QB Brett Favre threw for 503 yards with 5 TD's.

[​IMG]

The Minnesota Vikings under new head coach and owner Frisk got a pivotal win against bitter Rivals, the Packers. The game started out promising at only 7-3 after the first quarter but then immediately took off. The Packers and the Vikings exploded drive after drive for TD's. With a few key injuries the Vikes O line and Secondary felt the pain. AP was only able to muster 111 yards on 26 carries while Aaron Rodgers threw for a whopping 600 yards, 400 of which was to Packers TE Jeremichael Finley.

The Vikings jumped to a 21 point lead at the end of the 3rd quarter and began to consume some clock and play more conservative, attempting not to offend the Packers. The Packers answered scoring on three straight drives which encompassed a total of 11 plays to score 21 TD's. The Vikes kicked a FG with 1 minute left to go up by 9. With 1 minute left the Packers drove down and scored, hitting Finley for huge gains. GB lined up for the onside kick but the Vikes recovered and took a Knee to win the game 47-45. GG Hulk.

PLAYERS OF THE GAME

VIKINGS

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Brett Favre Adrian Peterson Percy Harvin
    22 for 36 503 yards, 5 TD's, 2 Int 26 carries for 111 yards, 1 TD 4 catches 122 yards, 1 TD

PACKERS

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Aaron Rodgers Ryan Grant Jeremichael Finley
    24 for 34 593 yards, 6 TD's 2 Int 13 carries for 34 yards 13 catches for 341 yards, 4 TD's

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Guys, after this game I felt like both of you needed this:

de·fense
       /dɪˈfɛns or, especially for 7, 9, ˈdifɛns/ Show Spelled [dih-fens or, especially for 7, 9, dee-fens] Show IPA noun, verb, -fensed, -fens·ing.
    –noun
    resistance against attack; protection: Two more regiments are needed for the defense of the city.
    something that defends, as a fortification, physical or mental quality, or medication: This fort was once the main defense of the island.
    the defending of a cause or the like by speech, argument, etc.: He spoke in defense of the nation's foreign policy.
    a speech, argument, etc., in vindication: She delivered a defense of free enterprise.
    Law .
    a.
    the denial or pleading of the defendant in answer to the claim or charge that has been made.
    b.
    the proceedings adopted by a defendant, or the defendant's legal agents, for defending against the charges that have been made.
    c.
    a defendant and his or her counsel.
    Psychology . defense mechanism ( def. 2 ) .
    Sports .
    a.
    the practice or art of defending oneself or one's goal against attack, as in fencing, boxing, soccer, or football.
    b.
    the team attempting to thwart the attack of the team having the ball or puck.
    c.
    the players of a team who line up in their own defensive zone.
    d.
    the positions on the field, ice, etc., taken by such players.
    ( initial capital letter ) Also called Defense Department. Informal . the Department of Defense.
    –verb (used with object)
    Sports . to defend against (an opponent, play, or tactic).
    Also, especially British , defence.

Origin:
    1250–1300; ME < OF < LL dēfēnsa a forbidding, n. use of fem. of ptp. of L dēfendere to defend; r. ME defens < AF, OF < ML defēnsum (thing) forbidden, neut. ptp. of L dēfendere

—Related forms
    de·fense·less, adjective
    de·fense·less·ly, adverb
    de·fense·less·ness, noun
    non·de·fense, noun, adjective
    pre·de·fense, noun
    un·de·fensed, adjective

—Synonyms
    1. security, preservation, safeguard. 3. support, advocacy, justification.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Special thanks for this joke go to dictionary.com for the definition of defense. :)

4. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

thanks win, after reading that i remember now what defense is, hopefully it carries over to my pmfl team as well. gg frisk, and heres to a long hard faught rivalry (heh i said long... and hard...)