Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Sep 27, 2009.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Week 7

post summary here

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Chargers 50
    Chiefs 49

Insane game. Traded scores all game, i never stopped the chiefs once on offense the WHOLE game except a pick 6 by larry english that got me back in the game. I then was down by 7 in the 4th and took it all the way with Evans on the kickoff. The chiefs scored right back quickly and kicked it back off the me. Evans takes the kick all the way AGAIN. I decide to go for 2 knowing i have no defense with 36 seconds left. I get the 2 and take the lead. He drives down the field and kicks a FG with 3 seconds left and misses it by an inch low. Chargers squeak out the close win.

3. ScottBGKY

ScottBGKY Guest

Felt like I earned this one. The English pick was a Superman job. He was 5 yards right of ball and leaps ove to it then back to back KR TD's on broken tackles. The Chiefs at least are competitive winning 2 of last 3 after starting 0-2 in SMFL career.

Man I need some safeties. Draft here I come.

GG man. Was fun. Was sure I'd make that kick at end. Wasn't in cards for me tonight.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

ya that was the only defense play i made all game minus the very first pass play. Larry johnson was ridiculoussss

5. trutest

trutest Walk On

Jets 35 Raiders 28

It took a 4th quarter comeback by the Rookie Mark Sanchez and some shutdown defense by the Jets to pull this one out. Down by 14, Mark Sanchez drove his team down the field 3 times to put up 21 points in the 4th and take the win.

Leon Washington broke a long one on a 4th n inches toss play that went up the sidelines for a TD.

GG Raiders

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

man my team cannot catch a break. we finally hit our stride on offense after struggling early in the year, and now we're not finishing games now. it sucks when we do just about everything right and still lose. i guess we'll put it together eventually hopefully. good game commish.

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

The Cowboys lose again! This time the lucky predator was the Falcons and Cadillacrockbox. I think he will admit that he got about all the breaks in this one (3rd and 15 lob downfield on first drive of game that Cowboys DB knocks down only to have T.O. somehow make a juggling catch off the deflection and drags his feet in bounds 7-0, Cowboys ensuing drive ends in fumble 6 for Altanta, 14-0, a good amount of stops by Atlanta to make it 4th and 1, untimely penalties against the Boys, penalties 4-1 or 5-1 in Falcons favor, etc.) and I am simply not good enough at this game to overcome that stuff yet. He is better than me no doubt but those first couple breaks sealed the deal early on. After that it was somewhat even minus the penalties but too little too late.
    Coach Blitz did jaw at Coach Caddy after the game about the long TD run by Michael Turner with less than a minute left in the game. I thought he would just kneel on the ball to run the clock out, up like 21 or so, and was in the midst of sending him a message, when I hear that Turner has broke a long one. As I told him, no biggie, we will see him down the road when I have played the game a little more and see what happens.

8. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Cleveland extends winning streak to 4 games with a 31-3 win over Green Bay in Cleveland. The Browns kinda took control from the start and after a few Aaron Rodger ints in the first half we built a 21-0 lead that we went into the half with. The second half was rather un eventful. I felt I was a QB away from competing and made a deadline deal for Chad Pennington. It turned out to be a great deal for me. The passing game was efficient. Pennington went 14-19 190 yds and two td's while completing passes to 8 different receivers. The Defense was dominant today as well sacking Aaron Rodgers 4 times and pressuring him all day. For the second straight game we haven't been sacked, and haven't turned it over. We are +7 in turnovers the last two weeks.

This was a very good win for Cleveland who is now 5-2 going to Soldier Field next week before our bye week.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

it didnt help that i lost rodgers for the game after one of those sacks...had to deal with a 57 ovr rated Flynn as backup

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah I don't imagine it did help. I assume he'll be back next week. I hope so, I'd hate to see you lose him for longer than that.

11. keithparker

keithparker Guest

nyg-49 arz-12

Code:

1 2 3 4 OT T
    Cardinals
    keithparker207 3 3 6 0 0 12
    Giants
    Newb Slice 7 21 21 0 0 49

Final.Scoring SummaryTeam StatsInd. Player StatsFirst Quarter Road Home
    (NYG) A.Bradshaw, 5 Yd run(L.Tynes kick), 3:57 6 35
    (ARI) N.Rackers, 27 Yd FG, 0:38 0 7
    Second Quarter Road Home
    (NYG) B.Jacobs, 14 Yd run(L.Tynes kick), 2:17 6 14
    (ARI) N.Rackers, 40 Yd FG, 1:40 3 14
    (NYG) B.Jacobs, 4 Yd run(L.Tynes kick), 0:41 3 7
    (NYG) T.Thomas, returned interception 81 Yds(L.Tynes kick), 0:00 0 0
    Third Quarter Road Home
    (ARI) J.Urban 15 Yd pass from K.Warner(two-point conversion failed), 4:43 6 49
    (NYG) S.Moss, returned kickoff 94 Yds(L.Tynes kick), 4:31 6 42
    (NYG) A.Bradshaw, 47 Yd run(L.Tynes kick), 3:25 6 28
    (NYG) C.Sintim, returned fumble 72 Yds(L.Tynes kick), 2:24 6 21
    Code:

12. Romoisajedi

Romoisajedi Walk On

49ers @ Texans

what a bloody game, lots of turnovers. Texans forced the niners into some tough throws and made picks when they had the opportunity.

but in the end the niners hung around enough and pulled it out, Frank Gore ran over MLB Ryans as promised breaking his collar bone and putting him out for 9 weeks :p sorry papa I know you hate me for that one ;)

it turned out to be the difference as the texans run D turned soft after that play allowing Gore to rack up the bulk of his yardage after the injury.

Willis and Clements get pick 6's to close out the game and make this look more lobsided than it was,

final 41-22 49ers,

POG for the winning team really has to be Patrick Willis, he was relatively quiet tackle wise but made a huge pick 6 to give the 49ers their first lead of the game and swing the momentum to their side for good...

Good Game Papa,

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Bills get their first victory under their new coach, 24-14. Marshawn Lynch ran for over 200 yards behind newly acquired LT Marcus McNeill. A Pick 6 by Paul Poszlusny led the way on defense. Bills improve their record to 3-4.

14. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

[​IMG]

15. RRAH x2

RRAH x2 Guest

Dolphins pull out the upset win against the Saints 31-27 in my 1st game. Went back and forth the whole game till Henne led the game winning drive with 1: 43 left in the 4th w/ no timeouts. GG Geaux. Dolphins 2-4.