Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Oct 2, 2009.
I have advanced to Week 7. Lots of user games this week.
The big showdown in The Swamp this week!
Just an update on LSU vs UF.
We tried today to get the game in but were having issues and couldn't get a connection. We will try again tomorrow but our schedules may not match up.
Hokie and I tried this morning but couldn't get a connection either. We're probably gonna try again soon today.
EA blows Monkey Nuts!
In the game of the week, the Gators take care of their home turf , knocking off SEC foe LSU 41-26.
The UF offense finally got things clicking this season racking up 442 yds of offense in this one. “The running game and passing game finally clicked and we were able to keep the defense on it’s heels” said Coach KSherm after the game.
UF was led by strong performance by HB Jeff Demps. He gained 170 total yards in this one, 91 rushing and 151 receiving. WR TJ Lawerence chipped in with 73 yds rushing and 37 yds receiving. QB John Brantley also had a great game, 270 yds, 3 TDs, and 0 INTs.
Defensively, UF was led by CB Jeremy Brown and Will Hill who combined for 20 tackles, 2 TFL, and 1 sack.
LSU put up a tough fight in this annual rivaly but just couldn’t overcome playing on the road at The Swamp.
Freshman WR Rueben Randle led the Tigers with 103 yds receiving and QB Jordan Jefferson had a strong performance going 22/31 for 333 yds 2 TDs, as well as rushing for 37 yds.
Depending on what happens the rest of the way, this game could result in a rematch in the SEC championship game.
Great game Bfuchrey!
(1) #2 Florida - Although the Gators fell to #2 in the nation, they're still the best of the group unless LSU can prove that to be false this week.
(2) #3 LSU - LSU gets a shot at taking the top spot this week, but it'll take everything their D has got.
(3) #5 Maryland - Really starting to impress. Another win vs. a top 25 team in previously #12 Clemson and QB Robinson is developing well.
(4) #7 North Carolina - UNC has beaten a top 25 team the past 2 weeks and have climbed the polls quickly.
(5) #6 Georgia - Still undefeated and notched first win vs. human opponent, but no top 25 wins yet.
(6) #8 Florida State - They need to keep winning but face a tough schedule the rest of the way.
(7) #14 Alabama - Like I said last week, Alabama will beat Ole Miss.
(8) #10 Ole Miss - Enrique Davis has fallen out of the Heisman race and that's why I think Ole Miss stays here. If they beat Bama, they'll climb at least 1 spot.
(9) #20 Miami - If they lose to FSU, they could fall out of the top 25.
(10) #18 Clemson - Still a very good team on defense and when they can run.
(11) #15 Virginia Tech - Finally find their identity, but need a win this week.
(12) Tennessee - Can't seem to break out.
Week 7 vs. Florida (L 41-26)
Week 7 vs. Florida (L 41-26)
Not a whole lot to say about this game. Florida shut LSU's key players down from the get go. They had to throw to other wide-outs than Toliver and Murphy ran into a brick wall every time. There was a point when the Tigers were down 34-10, but scored back-to-back touchdwons with 2 point conversions to make it 34-26 and a 1 score game. They were driving to tie and fumbled on a hard hit. Florida scored quickly to put the game out of reach with so little time to work with. If a couple things went their way or this game was in "Death Valley", it might have been different. Looking forward to this one next year.
Offensive P.O.W. - QB Jordan Jefferson - 70% comp., 333 yds, 2 TD, 1 Int. on a hail mary before halftime
Defensive P.O.W. - ROLB Kelvin Sheppard - 3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1FFumb
FSU 24 MIA 10
FSU's defense was electric down in Land Shark stadium as the noles gave up only 1 td the entire game to the explove hurricane offense. The Noles got an early lead with a 46 yd mcdaniel int return for td and consistantly moved the ball on offense getting scores out of both backs, thompson and thomas! FSU's D got them 5 sacks and 2 int's which kept them in the lead the from trailing the entire game!
Ole Miss vs Alabama
To put it simply, my team is overrated... J. Jones fumbled twice which gave me 3 fumbles lost for the game. Ole Miss had a good run game going and found their RB in the flats for key 1st down pickups.
Why the heck did you have Julio returning kicks?
Jones is 99 rating in damn near every category, I needed some big plays...I guess big plays happened, just not like I wanted!
I've been getting horrible field position so I figured I'd put my best player there, total backfire. My #3 wr fumbled on a first down catch also...we just suck.
The 2nd Big game of the week with UF VS LSU being the first lived up to its billing as the Rebels take down the Elephants in this BIG SEC WEST showdown... Turnovers were the difference as star wide out of the elephants Julio Jones was returning kicks to try & generate some extra firepower, but it proved costly as he fumbled twice on kickoffs... The Rebel defense was stout also as they pressured Tide QB Mcelroy all game, the Rebels game plan of running the ball was very efficent as Davis ended the day with 90yds & 1 receiving TD.
Hahahaha. That sucks man. Looks like that devestating loss to the Gators at home has sent this squad into a tail spin.
Can they rebound as the SEC West race is heating up?
Separate names with a comma.