Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. droid43

droid43 Walk On

3. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

man that was a game EA did not want me to win lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Crazy that you still kept it close with all that bad luck.

5. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

now i dont know which play to go for play of the week. that block or the long run lol

6. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

USC HERE I COME!

7. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

yea i had over 400 yards passing with bridgewater. i think he had like 500 on the season before this game lol. the 3 fumbles and that one pick killed me.

8. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Beat DUKE 31-21. Write up to come.

9. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I've been catching flack in my other two user games for all the luck I got in that one. 6 picks in one and lost 28-27 on a last second desperation throw from my 15 on fourth and 9.

Also, I got the stupid memory removed garbage so I coudln't save anything. Mine was the pass I threw on the hitch, broke the tackle, juked you and scooted into the endzone.

10. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

ah that sucks that was a good one. i decided to go with the block. its more of a rarity than a run i think

11. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Handles Business in Maryland, 34-13

Tanner Price and Mike Campanaro led the offense as Wake Forest used 24 unanswered points in the 1st half to open up an insurmountable lead. After kicking a FG to take a 10-7 lead, Deacon CB Kenny Okoro jumped an ill advised bubble screen and easily strode to the end zone to extend the lead to 10. After Wake's red zone defense stepped up big time to force two FGs, a 30 yard Campanaro TD catch just before the half sent the visiting Demon Deacons to the locker room with a 27-13 lead. The 2nd half was all about clock management, as Wake doubled Maryland in time of possession 18:20 to 9:40, and backup RB Orville Reynolds capped the scoring with a 3 yard run late in the 3rd. Wake Forest's defense did its part as well, holding Maryland to just 2 of 11 on 3rd downs while not allowing Maryland QB CJ Brown to get comfortable, sacking the Terp 9 times and picking him off twice.

Wake Forest, now 3-0 in conference and sitting atop the Atlantic division, returns home next for a matchup with the Ramblin' Wrecks from Georgia Tech.

Tanner Price; 19 of 25, 255 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
    Orville Reynolds; 19 carries, 65 yards, 1 TD
    Mike Campanaro; 6 catches, 135 yards, 1 TD

12. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Lol I just noticed how i'm playing one game behind you. Last week you played Duke and this week I played Duke. This week you played maryland, and next week I play maryland..

13. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Very frustrating, that was the best highlight I've had so far. One which wasn't just a long play in which the ball carrier is never touched.

14. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Rutgers 45 - UConn 31​
    Rutgers seemed to dominate the whole game but just couldn't pull away from the Huskies. Every time Rutgers took a two touchdown lead something would happen, either a pick 6 or a holding on a kick return, UConn would somehow come back. There definitely was not much defense in this game other than Rutgers DE Ka'Lial Glaud who recorded 2 sacks. Offensively Rutgers was led by Sophomore QB Gary Nova who threw for 4 touchdowns and RB Jawan Jamison, who rushed for 178 yards and 2 TDs. Rutgers improved to 2-3 overall and 2-0 in the conference. They will travel to Syracuse next week to try to improve to 3-0 in the conference. ​
    Offensive Player of the Game - Gary Nova 13/21, 346 yards, 4 TDs, and 1 INT​

Defensive Player of the Game - Ka'Lial Glaud 3 tackles and 2 sacks​

15. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Michigan beats Purdue 42-21

After losing all 3 runningbacks to injury in the first half Michigan QB Denard Robinson was forced to put this game on his shoulders. Despite throwing 3 interceptions he was otherwise dominant, passing for 200 yards with 2 TDs, and rushing for 250 yards with 2 TDs. He also spread the ball around well hitting 9 different receivers. Michigan senior LB Kenny Means had a huge game with 9 tackles and 1.5 sacks. CB JT Floyd pitched in 4 tackles and a pick 6 to give Michigan the lead early on.

Michigan will be traveling to Penn State next week for a huge Big 10 showdown.

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Texas - 44
    WVU - 38

This game was a shoot out. The Longhorns got off to a 17 point lead, but ended up going into the half 20-10. From there, both teams traded scores back and forth. WVU almost made a comeback, with a late TD, an onside, and another TD, but could not get the next one, allowing Texas to run out the clock. Case McCoy had a decent game, but I hate him in this game so much. Considered taking off Brewer's red shirt for the Oklahoma State game, but couldn't pull the trigger. At this point, it'd be pointless, so I am stuck with him until Ash recovers.

17. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Virginia beats Duke 31-21

3-2 on the season with a 3 game win streak they Cavs were looking to improve their win streak to 4 when they came to Durham to play the lowly Blue Devils. As with many previous games the 1st quarter wasn't so kind to Virginia as they were held to a goose egg in the 1st. The defense played solid though and gave up only a field goal. UVA then outscored the dookies 21-7 in the 2nd quarter. Although 2 injuries happened in that quarter. UVA's best WR Tim Smith was ruled out for 4 weeks with a turf toe. UVA's RB Kevin Parks was ruled out for the game. That meant that QB Michael Rocco had to step up his game if UVA was going to see the win through. After trading scores in the 3rd and 4th quarters UVA was able to secure the victory 31-21. Next week UVA takes on Maryland for UVA's first home game of the season.

POTG-Michael Rocco-16/27, 274 yrds, 2 TD

18. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Wow, almost everyone is done with their games. Just need Schreck. That was pretty fast.

19. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Oh I'm done, will write up in morning, advance this thing.

• Like Like x 1
  20. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys Outlast the Cardinals
    40-29
    It was a game in which nothing could go right for the Cardinals and everything went Oklahoma State's way. The Cowboys marched down the field with little resistance on their first possession, but only found themselves ahead by 6 points after an Isiah Anderson receiving touchdown. A Cardinal defender ran free along the right side and blocked Quinn Sharp's extra point attempt. After a three and out by the Cardinals, Oklahoma State was on the move again. Louisville stiffened in the redzone however, and held the Pokes to 3 points.
    From the second quarter on the game began to swing back and forth. The Cardinals scored after a quick drive to make the score 9-7 OSU. The Cowboys responded with another field goal to make the score 12-7. Louisville back-up running back Jeremy Wright gave the Cardinals their first lead of the game as he scampered down the sideline for a 52 yard touchdown run. Clint Chelf stepped on the field with just under two minutes remaining until halftime and lead his team down the field to score with 1:03 remaining.
    Louisville's luck began to run dry just before the half. Teddy Bridgewater was sacked on a second down play in which he had a receiver streaking down the field. Unable to get the ball to his man due to the blitz, Bridgewater was sacked and fumbled. OSU was in prime position to score just before the half. One play later the Cowboys were looking at first and goal from the two. Chelf ran the option and fumbled the pitch, but an Oklahoma State lineman was quick to jump on the ball. The next play resulted in a touchdown.
    The second half played out much like the first half for each team. Oklahoma State continued to move the ball, but had trouble finishing drives. Louisville just could not catch a break. The Cardinals lost 3 out of 3 fumbles and threw two interceptions. Oklahoma State was able to take advantage of the second half turnovers by keeping the Louisville offense off the field and putting 14 more points on the board. The wet conditions certainly affected ball security for both teams, however the Cowboys were able to recover both of their fumbles.
    On this day, the Cowboys were both lucky and good. A little more lucky than usual, but great seasons do require a little luck. "You've got to hand it to those guys for Louisville, they never gave up despite everything that went against them and made this game pretty close. We thought once we got them out of their running game that they wouldn't be able to pass on us, but they proved us wrong. That certainly is a strong club and their coach has them heading in the right direction for sure. This is a game where both teams have a lot of things to be proud of and some things they can look to address." said Gundy when asked about his thoughts on the game.
    Clint Chelf completed 20-21 passes for 339 yards and 5 touchdowns, and his counterpart Teddy Bridgewater competed 14-23 passes for 410 yards and two touchdowns. Fans were treated to some electrifying quarterback play this game and both quarterbacks look to keep the momentum rolling next week. Louisville hosts Big East foe #22 Pittsburgh. Oklahoma State heads back to Stillwater to play Kansas.

21. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Notre Dame Buries Gophers

The Irish invaded Minnesota and took down the Gophers. They put up a surprisingly good fight, and their QB is a 6-4 245 pound beast with speed. Took off on me quite a bit for big runs. Luckily we injured him in the 3rd quarter and from there things got easier from there. The big play to get us going was on a 50 yard TD return by Theo Riddick after he broke the initial tackle and took off around the rest of the pursuit. Should be another feather in his cap in the Heisman race.

The game was basically never in doubt, as we went up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter, they made it interesting with a TD before halftime, but not a whole lot to spell out. Riddick had another solid rushing day, with 108 yards and a TD. Eifert continued to be the most prolific receiver around, with 130 yards and 2 more TD's. The guy is almost unstoppable in short yardage/redzone situations. We were 9/12 on 3rd down, and a lot of those were thanks to great catches by Eifert.

That is really about it, on to Stanford.

22. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

TOP RANKED LSU TRAVEL TO THE SWAMP AND ROLL OVER THE GATORS 27-17

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is J LO, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from the swamp for GMONEY TV. Now when the new ESPN top 25 ranking came out 1 day before LSU traveled to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium aka "the swamp" to take on the Florida Gators. LSU gathered enough votes to sit on top of the polls this week. When coach GMONEY saw that, he immediately called a team meeting. His words were crystal clear as he said to his team, "The mother fu@#i%g season isn't half over and we are #1. Who gives a %uC&. Now get out there and play some in your mamas face, smash mouth football and hit anything that moves in a Gator uniform." LSU remained undefeated with a gut wrenching 27-17 win over the Florida Gators in front of a announce new attendance record of 98,765.

LSU STATS
    Zach Mettenberger 5/15/171/1TD
    Spencer Ware 20/92/1td
    Michael Ford 4/33/1td
    Alfred Blue 4/45
    Odell Bechem 2/94 /1td
    Chase Clement 2/53

Spencer Ware rushed for 92 yards and a TD while Zach Mettenberger passed for 171 yards and a TD to lead the Tiger attack. The Player of the game was WR Odell Bechem who had 2 receptions for 94 yards and a TD. Back up RB Michael Ford had 33 yards rushing and a TD and 3rd stringer Alfred blue had 45 yards on the ground himself to lead a very balanced running game. All SEC TE Chase Clement also grabbed 2 passes for 53 yards. Wait, I think he's walking in the room now. Yes he is. GMONEY is now walking to the podium to address the media so lets be quiet and see what he has to say.

COACH GMONEY; " Just to let you guys know, once again I won't be taking any stupid ass questions after I speak to you guys about our performance. Well we played solid football for 3 and a half QTRS. I am disappointed on how we finished the game as they went straight down the field and scored in like 5 plays. I don't care what QTR it is or what is the score, I will not take any member of my football dogging it even if the game is out of reach. I liked getting my 2nd and 3rd string rb involved in the running game. Now we all know that Spencer Ware is a good #1 RB. He will get his 15 to 20 carries per game. Ford and Blue each carried 4 times each in this game and I expect that number to go up slightly in the next couple of weeks. My QB Zach played a smart game. Yes he took a couple of sacks but he didn't make any stupid ass throws that could have been costly. On defense, we gave up way to many rushing yards. We missed a bunch of tackles. Let's face it, we just played good enough to win. I need to see improvement on both sides of the ball in our next SEC road game this weekend. Time for me to go and meet up with my coordinators to go over the game plan for game #2 of a 4 game SEC road trip. Thanks for coming out, god bless and good night." ( The Media applauds )
    There you have it. This is J LO, The Big Booty Hoe signing off. On behalf of the GMONEY TV Network I wish your all a very good evening.