Week 8 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.30.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Sep 28, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 8 2011 Now Open - Deadline 9.30.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Week 8 Now Open

Please complete by September 30, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

There are two GBN v. GBN matchups this week:

Akron (DJ) @ Temple (Radio)

Miami (Roady) @ Western Michigan (Lambeau)

Scheduling threads up shortly.

Unfortunately, no youtube right now b/c I'm at work and youtube is banned at the office apparently. (n)

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Will be playing sometime tomorrow.Will try and get it in early in case we can early sim.

4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Toledo needs to be simmed. Started to play on the new ps3 i got and i didnt reboot everything and got kicked. Thanks to the power surge i got last night that gave my the YLOD i had to get new one today.

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

My recruiting is done. Phew...it is going to be a thin incoming class this year. We got our budget slashed by going one-fer last year, and these kids just want more money hoes, and clothes than I can provide.

Still waiting on LL to play.

6. soxandgators

Hilarious Roadhouse.You never keep us short on laughs friend.

7. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

NIU gets completely dominated at Home. WKU jumps out to a 27-3 Lead and I play catch up the entire second half. I get the score within 3 with 4 minutes to play and WKU goes into GOD Mode, and goes 75 yards for the clinching TD.

I have no idea WTF is going on but all of a sudden I cant run the fucking ball. I threw 4 INT's and had a couple fumbles that helped with the 27-3 deficit.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Western Michigan and Miami hooked up in a solid game under the bright skies of Kalamazoo. In the beginning, Miami looked completely overmatched by the bowl eligible Broncos. The game started with a delay penalty because of a breakdown of Zac Dysert's helmet radio, and a quick 3 and out.

WMU took the ball and jammed it down our throats for an easy TD. In fact, the Broncos had no trouble rushing the ball, and probably should have left the passing out of the playbook. The run game was propelled by a nasty O line that opened so many gaping holes, I thought I was watching a Rocco Siffreddi movie. Miami stumbled onto a lucky scoring drive in the second quarter, and limited the damage to a 17-10 deficit at the half.

In the second half, Miami's defense finally showed some heart. The D slowed down the insane rushing posse and forced the pass. An INT set up a Redhawks touchdown to tie the game 17-17. WMU easily broke off another long TD run to go up 24-17 and I thought they were going to into Anaconda mode and just squeeze our life out.

Instead, they tried to air it out and Dat U's junior corner, DJ Brown, made the snatch and go for the distance. His TAINT tied the score at 24-24. WMU let Miami hang around, and now we're dangerous. But we couldn't stop the O line all game, and those boys got their proper lean on. Bronco power pushed us around and drove for another TD. 31-24.

We had about a minute and a half left, to go for the tie. We didn't use that much. Zac Dysert threw a pic at our own 35 with 50 seconds left, and the Broncos won. WMU tacked on the short TD while we were packing up the bus to head out. Final score 38-24.

GG LL. I caught the breaks of the year for me, and it wasn't enough.

9. soxandgators

What a game wish i could of watched it.Best of luck to both of you the rest of the season.

Bowling Green had a home game vs Central Michigan this week.Not much to write up except they run a fierce triple option so be prepared when you play them.The passing game was leaned on today as CMU clogged up all the lanes well today.With a pick 6 and some other big plays the Falcons sealed the victory.

BGU.......41
    CMU......21

10. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Oh damn Sox...my bad. I was supposed to switch them back to their original offense and forgot all about it...shit!

Temple and Akron staged one for GBN lore. 27-24 Temple after a last second 45 or 46 yard FG with DJ throwing ice all over my kicker. He came through though with a kick I won't hit again while '11 is still in my PS3. Great game again DJ!

11. soxandgators

No biggie bud, was a nice change of pace actually. Gave me a new scheme to try and defend. Was that the Georgia Tech playbook ?

12. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Kinda funny how a CPU team can take a spread offense and run a triple options scheme and succeed. Meanwhile, it takes real life programs like Michigan or Notre Dame years to change schemes. Hmmmm....

Just saying...

13. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

Second time I faced a user that started the game with a delay of game penalty. I'm glad to see the radio jamming gadget that WMU's electrical engineering students put together is working nicely.

Great game, Roady. I was waiting for your team to collapse and it just didn't happen. That was a dogfight. Without the couple long TD runs I would have been in big trouble. I couldn't sustain long drives against your D.

14. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I tried to do a hot route because I thought I saw a blitz, but forgot I wasted time in the set up screen choosing the "please stop dropping simple passes" option.

What's more embarrassing is that's the second straight user game I screwed the beginning. Before, vs. Radio, I forgot how to kickoff. I had spent the previous 3 or 4 days running Madden since I had a bye week. Well I was dumb founded why my kicker was just standing and waving like he was hailing a freakin cab. Then I flicked the stick in the wrong combo, and saw the meter start AFTER I hit the PS3 button to see if I had a decent battery charge. My kick off was more like a pop up. Doh.

You made critical stops when it mattered. Even if I tied the game, I could not maintain that volley. Both my lines are just underwhelming talent that will continue to be exploited until I can afford a big stud to develop.

Maybe this year you'll get a bowl! GL