Week 8 2012 Now Open - Deadline 11.16.10 7:00 p.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Nov 14, 2010.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 8 Now Open

Deadline November 16, 2010 7:00 p.m. EST*

*Guys lately I've been very lax on the deadline and we have fallen behind as a result. We need to start getting serious about the 48 hour rule so please work a little harder to get your games scheduled/played within 48 hours.

GBN v. GBN =

Temple (Radio) @ Akron (DJ)

Western Michigan (Lambeau) @ Miami, OH (Roady)

Thanks!

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Threads Up!

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I appreciate the drag of one day, because I'm back. I'm lining up my game with Lambeau now, so looking forward to getting back in the swing of things.

4. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple defeats a game Akron squad 42-36 in 4 OT's. May have been 5, I'm not sure. Temple took a 20-3 lead at the half and held a 20-6 lead going into the fourth before Akron tied it up 20-20 with 35 seconds left in regulation. The teams traded FG's in the 1st OT and TD's in the 2nd. In the 3rd both score td's but neither can get the 2-pt conversion. Temple scores a td in the 4th ot but, again, fails on the 2-pointer. Akron is stopped on a 4th and 3 and Temple improves to 7-1 on the year.

Look out for DJ and Akron to make a Roady/xxvolsxx type turnaround next season.

5. djnnfl

djnnfl Walk On

yea it was 4 OT's... stadium was packed for Senior Day at Summa Field...My young Akron squad ran outta gas. Great game though, I'm proud of how my boys hung in there never gave up. shows me that the turn around is on its way. shouts out to you RADIO for one hell of a game an good luck the rest of the way!

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

this is my fault mostly sorry guys i am back to a normal 48 hour week starting monday

7. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

It was the best of games, it was the worst of games....

Miami U takes to their home field to square up vs. the powerful Western Michigan Broncos. Dat U was just whooped by Temple, and Roadhouse has been away from the sticks for over a week. This one looked ugly in the making.

But no one told The Redhawks. Instead, the red and white came out ballin' and owned the game. Miami mixed the pass and run well, but came up with some key defensive plays with our backs to the wall. QB Zac Dysert found O'Shea Jackson in the end zone in the first, then Andrew Cruse in the second for a quick lead. Would you believe Miami lead 17-0 at one point!

In the third quarter it was a full fledged upset alert, with Dat U being up 24-7. Antoin Scriven walked in from the 6 to cut our lead to 10, as we entered the fourth quarter. Now up 27-14, Miami was in third and long at their 40 and thought about two plays. The ole HB dive to get a few yards and setting up a long field goal attempt, or a screen to catch the expected blitz off guard and maybe steal a first down. We tried the screen pass, but Dysert only got to take two steps from center before being smacked in the head. The ball floated up and into Lewis Toler's hands. Since he doesn't play on my team, I was unhappy. Even more unhappy when he scored 56 yards later off the turnover.

Miami was still up 27-21 with three minutes left, but we couldn't kill the clock. Dat U's Jim Broadway buried the Broncos at the 11 yard line with a punt, but they had over a minute left. That was too much time, as Alex Carder threw his lone TD pass of the day with 16 seconds left, to tie the game. The iced XP went through and WMU lead 28-27. Still, we had a slim shot at pulling this out.

DJ Brown recieved the kickoff and bolted to the left sidelines, he didn't get too fancy to save time and put his head down to run. But he was stripped of the ball and that was the game. Miami controleld the game for 31:45, but WMU lead when it mattered most.

GG LL. I thought I had you, but that's the difference between a Bowl-tested team and a bunch of young players.

8. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

GG Roady. Yeah, I almost felt bad winning that one. I was beaten for almost the whole game but a few key plays put me back in contention. After two straight tight games, Dat U will not be overlooked in the future.

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

It's not to late to change things.....I'd hate the horrors of guilt to overcome you!

10. LambeauLeap04

LambeauLeap04 Walk On

don't worry, its not...

[​IMG]