Week 8 2012

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Oct 9, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Week 8 2012

Welcome to Week 8!
    Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-6) ===============
    Last week, Eastern Michigan lost 24-7 against Idaho (2-4).
    This week, the Eagles will host Western Kentucky (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Eastern Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Michael Williams has committed to Western Michigan

=============== Idaho Vandals (2-4) ===============
    Last week, Idaho won 24-7 against Eastern Michigan (0-6).
    This week, the Vandals will host UL Lafayette (4-2).
    In recruiting news, the following Idaho targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) HB Antoine Fellows has committed to Idaho

=============== Kent State Golden Flashes (2-4) ===============
    Last week, Kent State won 49-10 against Army (1-5).
    This week, the Golden Flashes will host Toledo (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Kent State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Mike Davis has committed to Kent State

=============== Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Western Kentucky won 42-21 against Marshall (3-3).
    This week, the Hilltoppers travel to Ypsilanti to face the Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-6).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Kentucky targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) DT Devin Evans has committed to Western Kentucky
    - (**) ROLB Daniel Butler has committed to Ohio
    - (***) RT Serge Williams has committed to Vanderbilt
    - (***) CB Leroy Griffin has committed to Louisville

=============== UAB Blazers (3-3) ===============
    Last week, UAB lost 45-35 against Utah State (5-1).
    This week, the Blazers travel to Jonesboro to face the Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-3).
    In recruiting news, the following UAB targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Brian Robinson has committed to Vanderbilt
    - (***) HB Darrell Marshall has committed to UCF

=============== Army Black Knights (1-5) ===============
    Last week, Army lost 49-10 against Kent State (2-4).
    This week, the Black Knights travel to Kalamazoo to face the #8 Western Michigan Broncos (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Army targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) MLB DeAndre Floyd has committed to Ohio
    - (**) MLB Brett Branch has committed to Connecticut

=============== #8 Western Michigan Broncos (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Western Michigan won 45-31 against Mid Tenn State (1-5).
    This week, the Broncos will host Army (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Western Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) DT Vince Bates has committed to Texas
    - (**) MLB Rick Wilson has committed to Western Michigan
    - (***) LE Austin DeAngelis has committed to Missouri
    - (***) DT Michael Williams has committed to Western Michigan
    - (****) CB Scott Jackson has committed to Penn State

=============== Arkansas State Red Wolves (3-3) ===============
    Last week, Arkansas State won 63-42 against UL Lafayette (4-2).
    This week, the Red Wolves will host UAB (3-3).

=============== Utah State Aggies (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Utah State won 45-35 against UAB (3-3).
    This week, the Aggies will host Mid Tenn State (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) RE Courtney Miller has committed to Utah State

=============== UL Monroe Warhawks (4-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Monroe won 57-50 against Texas Tech (3-3).
    This week, the Warhawks will host Vanderbilt (0-5).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Monroe targets have announced their decisions:
    - (*) WR Andrew Lester has committed to UL Monroe
    - (**) LOLB Jason Fisher has committed to Tulane
    - (***) TE Paul Hubbard has committed to Houston
    - (***) MLB Tom Brown has committed to Tulsa

=============== Mid Tenn State Blue Raiders (1-5) ===============
    Last week, Mid Tenn State lost 45-31 against Western Michigan (6-0).
    This week, the Blue Raiders travel to Logan to face the Utah State Aggies (5-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Mid Tenn State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (**) HB Jerome Hicks has committed to Kentucky

=============== UL Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns (4-2) ===============
    Last week, UL Lafayette lost 63-42 against Arkansas State (3-3).
    This week, the Ragin' Cajuns travel to Moscow to face the Idaho Vandals (2-4).
    In recruiting news, the following UL Lafayette targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) MLB Josh Brock has committed to UL Lafayette
    - (****) DT Vince Bates has committed to Texas

2. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

ULL beats Idaho in a track meet

Neither Defense showed up today. Blain Gautier had a career day with 588 yards and 4 TDs. Yobes Walker also had a hell of a day with 6 TDs on 14 carries. Will be a crime if neither get National OPOTW

ULL 77
    Idaho 62

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Aycock must die...just gave up 450 yards rushing to the guy. I let deaf fill you in but there was no defense played by either team as well. He ran over, around, behind, jumped over, every which way but loose, blah, blah, blah...made me sick. At least I only gave up 180 yards passing :)

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

42 [​IMG] [​IMG] 56

[​IMG]

Aycock sets NCAA record for rushing yards in huge win for Red Wolves

Dontae Aycock broke the Division I, II, and III records for rushing yards in a game with 450 after coming within 2 yards of LaDanian Tomlinson's record of 406 last week. He had 226 yards in the first half on 16 carries, and 224 in the second half on 14 carries against the UAB Blazers. Combine that with 5 touchdowns by Aycock, and QB Andre Smith throwing a perfect game (no he's not on the baseball team) and Arkansas State really couldn't lose this game, even though UAB put up one hell of a fight, and never went away.

The scoring got started in the first quarter on Arkansas State's first drive, a methodical one that featured lots of Aycock with the occasional pass thrown in. Aycock hit pay dirt from 19 yards out midway through the quarter to draw first blood. UAB answered quickly, with HB Chad Winbush scoring from 3 yards out on their first drive. After trading fumbles, Arkansas State QB Andre Smith found WR Taylor Stockemer in the corner of the endzone for a 2 yard passing score, although UAB answered quickly again with a 36 yard pass from QB David Isabelle to TE Roy Sims to tie the game at 14.

At this point, Dontae Aycock became a man possessed. The first play after the kickoff, Aycock took it 76 yards to the house. After UAB got the ball to the Red Wolves 37, they failed on 4th down with :12 left in the half, unable to get in field goal range to bring the score within 4. Arkansas State spread it out, then ran a draw to Aycock, expecting to run out the half. Instead, Aycock shook tackle after tackle, and took it 63 yards for the score as time expired. Arkansas State took a 28-14 lead into the locker room.

UAB started the second half on the right foot, scoring quickly out of the gates with another Isabelle TD pass. However, UAB's defense couldn't stop the Arkansas State offense with 15 players, let alone 11. Andre Smith found Aerion Williams for a touchdown to extend the Red Wolves lead to 14 again. UAB answered again with a 1 yard score at the end of the third to get within 7 yet again.

On the first play of the 4th quarter, Smith found Stockemer again, this time from 38 yards on a play action pass that fooled the defense. Isabelle would once again lead UAB down the field and score with 5:00 left, 42-35 Arkansas State. On the first play of the ensuing drive, Aycock burst up the middle, made a cut on the safety that would have Chris Berman "WHHHHOOOOOOOP"ing in delight, and took it untouched 78 yards for another score, his 4th of the day. After the defense yet again let Isabelle throw a touchdown pass to cut the lead to 7, Arkansas State got the ball back with 5:00 left in the game and ran 4 minutes off the clock before Dontae Aycock got his final score of the game, a 34 yarder with a minute left to seal the deal.​

[YOUTUBE]lnexN0g8rbo[/YOUTUBE]
    Aycock 76-yard TD

[YOUTUBE]UcHMAgY8tM4[/YOUTUBE]
    Aycock 63-yard TD as half ends

[YOUTUBE]PcH5W92Rzfc[/YOUTUBE]
    Aycock 78-yard TD

For Arkansas State, Andre Smith went 10/10 for 180 yards and 3TDs. Aycock had 30 carries for 450 yards and 5TDs, with 3 receptions for 30 yards. Taylor Stockemer had 3 receptions for 79 yards and 2TDs and Kedric Murray had 2 for 39. MLB Nick Herrold had 11 tackles and 2FF on defense, while Bryon Carter had 4 tackles and 2 sacks.

For UAB, David Isabelle went 22/28 for 440 yards and 4TDs, with 11 carries for 56 yards. HB Chad Winbush had 12 carries for 74 yards and a TD. TE Roy Sims had 4 catches for 104 yards and 2TDs, Freddie Moore had 3 catches for 94 yards and a TD, and Jackie Williams had 5 catches for 91 yards.​

5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

WKU-37
    EMU-14

It looked like it was gonna be a shootout as we started the 1st quarter trading TDs but I finally got a stop, up 21-14, and my D never let Crumb back in it. Our time of possession ended up being 22:51 vs 9:09.

6. DirtycashDylan

That 2nd run was retarded.

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

Hey you'd massage him too if he put up 854 yards in two weeks

8. DirtycashDylan

I just didn't want to quote that entire post. I'd give him a handy in the coaches office for a division title.

9. nikpin

We seriously need to adjust the sliders. The offensive #'s are out of control.

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Army Still Looking For Answers

[​IMG]

With starting QB Steelman still sidelined with a high ankle sprain Army has had to turn to QB Angel Santiago these last two games. Army had seemed to slow WMU's offensive attack early and was attempting to hang around and keep the score close heading into half. On Army's last possession before half a WR streaked down the middle of the field unguarded and Santiago threw the deep ball up to him. The ball comes down and the timing is right for the receiver to catch it just as he crosses the goal line with nobody around but the ball hits his hands and falls to the turf. So Army didn't go into the half tied with WMU.

After halftime WMU made the necessary adjustments and Army just ran out of steam. WMU had two long time chewing drives in the second half that deflated the Army D and ended in WMU scores. Army was held to just a field goal in the second half.

Army's coach was pleased with his teams 1st half effort but needs his team to leave it on the field the whole game. Army hosts navy next week for a huge rivalry game.

11. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Kent St- 73
    Toledo- 6

After struggling through the early part of the season and searching for an offense, the Golden Flashes took out some frustrations on a hapless Toledo squad. After allowing Toledo to score a touchdown on their opening drive, Kent St became a brick wall on defense. Meanwhile the offense moved the ball at will and tossed in a few extra scores at the end.

Kent St MLB Adam Collins was collecting a new stat line in the game as he picked up not only 7 tackles and 1 sack, but also 2 injuries as he knocked Toledo's 1st and 2nd string quarterbacks out of the game. After the game, Collins was asked about the performance.

"We was straight slayin bitches tonight son. We put a hurtin on dem. I put two of dem niggas in da hospital. Just wait til I get hold of dat bitch Alex Carder...Imma put dat cracka six feet under. Hoe betta keep his head down."

Because I don't know how to do the fancy images that yall do...Here's the stat lines:

Spencer Keith- 16-for-26 for 365 yards and 4 TDs

Howard Brown- 28 carries for 186 yards and 3 TDs
    Rob Holloman- 15 carries for 66 yards and 2 TDs

Tyshon Goode- 10 catches for 182 yards and 1 TD

Defense:

Adam Collins- 7 tackles, 1 sack, and two bitches in da ground
    Howard Brown

12. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I'm all about offense, but I gotta agree with Nik. These offensive numbers are out of control.

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Prolly wouldn't hurt to cut down the length of quarters...

14. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I think it's the averages and the ratios that are out of wack. I'm cool with the quarters.

15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Ya the quarters are fine

I too agree with some sort of change, seems all the games are in the 50s or 60s for one of the teams, and as much as I love running Aycock all over the place, even I realize that 15ypc his last couple games is pretty ridiculous

16. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

Well part of that, is you haven't played me...Aycock wouldn't survive more than one hit from my MLB. He'd spend the rest of the game in the hospital.

17. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The sliders arent going to matter in user games. They are only for CPU games...they revert back to default for user games. We could change it to Heisman, that might be the only way with all these user games we play.

18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

We run heisman w/ sliders in another small team dynasty I roll with and its challenging at hell but fun too. You usually lose the games you'd expect to with a few upsets every season.

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

That's what I'd do if I ever started a league, love playing on Heisman. Don't understand the people that won't play on it because they won't beat Vanderbilt by 50 anymore and it's actually a challenge lol

20. nikpin

Yea stepping it up to Heisman next season with adjusted sliders wouldn't be a horrible idea.

It seems like defense is just hopeless against each other.

21. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Heisman is ridiculous sometimes and makes you scratch your head, but bottom line is you have to play well as these teams to win. You really have to fight for every win you get, especially against the big boys, but it makes it a lot more rewarding too. Then again, I'm already sitting at 1-6 or 1-7, on heisman I'm probably winless lol.

22. DirtycashDylan

If you guys want a challenge, play with WKU. I haven't messed with any sliders because I'm challenged enough in cpu games after that last patch. but I also put in my backups and run clock when I'm up instead of scoring 70. Hell, I went 2-2 this past non-conf and it won't be til next year, year fucking 4, that I'll have a puncher's chance at an east title.

Deaf I'm not picking on you but for example, If you don't want 850 yards with Aycock in two games, put in your back up every once in awhile and don't run the ball 50 times a game. You're lucky he isn't hurt yet anyway. He's going to dominate most of the defenders in this conference. Last season, I would pull Rainey when I was up 14 in the second half.

If you guys want more of a challenge, start calling plays out of 'Ask Coach' instead of calling your money plays all the time. I know TF frowns on it but I disagree. Just don't accidentally call goalline plays.

I'm just saying, I could run with JQwon 95% of the time but I don't. JQwon could be leading for the heisman but he isn't. The only stat line that counts to me is the win column. As soon as I have a comfortable lead, he sits his ass down.

Like I said, Crumb and I are in a little bit of a different boat than some of you with our talent/recruiting, but from what I've seen personally I think the sliders are fine. Of course, I didn't play for a NC last year so what do I know?

23. nikpin

I don't think it really has to do with talent. Every game is a shootout and a lot of the games are close so pulling starters wouldn't make sense.

24. DirtycashDylan

Interesting. Maybe we should take a vote at the end of the season on going up to Heisman or not. I was going to start upping the difficulty but the new patch is still giving me fits.

25. DirtycashDylan

says the guy with the talent. Go fuck yourself.

I'm talking about Jordan pulling his starters vs beating Toledo by 70, etc. Most of my user games aren't shootouts.