Week 8, 2012

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Moving at a great pace guys, should finish up this season in around a week and a half, maybe two weeks.

#3 Wisconsin vs. Minnesota
    #10 Michigan vs. Michigan State
    #6 Ohio State vs. Purdue
    #12 Georgia @ Kentucky
    #20 Notre Dame vs. BYU
    #13 Auburn @ Vanderbilt
    #2 Florida State @ Miami
    Georgia Tech vs. Boston College
    #4 Virginia Tech @ #17 Clemson

User Game of the Week: #7 Florida vs. #18 South Carolina ​

2. Ben

Ben Walk On

Screen shot 2012-07-27 at 9.46.37 AM.png
    This week pits Kentucky vs. #12 Georgia at Commonwealth Stadium. Georgia is coming off a bye week, well rested, and ready to go. Kentucky is reeling after being beat 27-10 last week to #11 Arkansas. This game could be close or a blowout. Kentucky has proven they aren't a slouch this year by beating, now ranked #18, South Carolina at home. It seems that was Kentucky's one shinning moment of this season though as they are only 2-5 overall after 7 weeks of play. Georgia knows this and is ready to get back on track after losing to weekends ago on the road to a good Gamecocks team. Murray had a few words about this game and the bye week, "We feel good as a team. We are confident, I'm confident. I know a lot of people questioned my ability after the horrible start I've had in those first 6 weeks. The first half of the South Carolina game was a disaster, but I somehow was able to turn it around. I feel like I've found my groove and I'm ready to take this team to an SEC title. I have a lot to prove and I don't want to let the coaches and our players down." Murray no longer has any excuses. Its win now or become one of the most overrated QB's in college football history. He has all the keys in place. Especially with a veteran defense who has proven themselves these last few seasons. Georgia has an incredibly tough schedule coming up down the stretch. They can't afford to mess around any longer.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Pitch Another Shutout, Down Purdue
    The Buckeye defense held yet another team scoreless as Ohio State improved to 8-0 with a 27-0 victory over Purdue. Braxton Miller, who has emerged as a dark horse Heisman contender in recent weeks, had another solid performance, with his best passing effort to date. Carlos Hyde saw limited action after fumbling twice last week and it seems that Jordan Hall is back to being the primary ball carier. OSU spent most of their time in the shotgun, with hall carrying the ball on read options and draws. Next week OSU travels to Happy Valley for a showdown with rival Penn State.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ben

Ben Walk On

Murray steps up, as defense takes a step back.

It has been the tale of two cities this season for Georgia. If their defense isn't playing well their offense is and if their offense isn't playing well their defense is. Even though Georgia won the game 35-21, they failed to make key stops and let Kentucky run all over them. Georgia led 28-21 going into the half. The only reason it wasn't a tie game at the half is because Kentucky QB, Maxwell Smith threw an INT into the back of the endzone during the closing seconds of the 2nd quarter. Georgia had a much better second half on defense, but then their offense dissappeared. What had been a shootout of great offense in the first half had turned into a defensive battle. Murray threw 2 INT's in the 2nd half, both throws were ill advised. Georgia has a HUGE game next week against Florida. They need to win that game to stay alive in the SEC.

5. Ben

Ben Walk On

BTW im going to do a preview report for my game next week against Jon Jon Anderson

Georgia-Florida Bowl aka The "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party".

I'll make a new thread for it.

6. jandy

jandy Walk On

Defense is the name of the game as Michigan knocks off rival Michigan State
    Michigan was victorious in week 8 against Sparty, and brought home the Paul Bunyan Trophy with the win. Once again, QB Denard Robinson was knocked out in the first half of a huge game, and once again, Devin Gardner came in and led the Wolverines to a win. With the score tied at 6, Gardner started the second half for Michigan and led them to what would be the game winning score. Midway through the 3rd quarter, Gardner dropped back, but found no one open. He then sprinted through the line and up the middle for a 7-yard TD scamper, which was the eventual winning score.

The MVP in this one was definitely the defense as a whole. They held the Spartans to less than 90 yards passing and no touchdowns. This was a huge win for the Wolverines and keeps their Big Ten title hopes alive as they head to Lincoln next week to take on the Cornhuskers.

UM vs MSU.PNG
    UM vs MSU 2.PNG

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

IRISH RUN OVER BYU IN 42-21 ROUT

QB Everett Golson and RB Cierre Wood continued their dominance on the ground as they combined for 313 yards and 4 scores on the way to a rout of BYU. The Irish fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter and it looked like they might be guilty of overlooking the Cougars for next week's opponent.

Things then changed drastically as the Irish rattled off five of the game's next six touchdowns to take a big lead. Wood ran 33 times for 222 yards and 3 TD before leaving the
    game after suffering a hip injury. He looks to be fine for next week's showdown in Norman against Oklahoma.

After Wood went out, the Irish allowed Golson to run the ball, and on his first designed run of the game he scooted for an 88-yard TD run.

The Irish will look to test it's secondary this week in practice to prepare for Landry Jones and Oklahoma after allowing 371 yards to a mediocre Cougar passing attack. The Irish managed three takeaways (two interceptions and a forced fumble) while not turning it over themselves for just the second time this season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I think Glen Cieske is playing right now? CJTHA1, whats your status? Rekka is on autopilot for the weekend, so just waiting on you

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin runs the ball 38 times in victory over Minnesota

The badgers racked up 244 and 4 scores on the ground on route to a victory over the Golden Gophers. The Defense once again was dominant holding Minn. to 167 yards of total offense. Montee Ball was knocked out of the game in the first quarter with a concussion, as of right now it looks like he will be ready to go but we will wait and see on Thursday next week, said Beilema after the game. James White and Melvin Gordon gave Madison fans a look at what to expect next year as the two become the feature backs in the badgers offense. White ran the ball to the tune of 144 yards on 12 carries and Gordon racked up 91 on 16 carries.

10. jandy

jandy Walk On

Looks like we're just waiting on CJTHA1. I'm loving the pace we're moving at guys

• Like Like x 1
  11. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Had a family emergency sorry for the delay..i'm about to play my game right now

12. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Logan 3 TD's BEATS CLEMSON
    Down in Death Valley, we witnessed Jr QB Logan Thomas best game of the year to this point in the season. Logan was accurate and made good choices running and throwing the ball. Logan went 10 for 13 for 179 with 3 touchdowns and ran for 69 yards on 12 carries. The game was tight the whole way but one play made the difference and as of now, its the play of the season for the Hokies. Clemson got within 4 deep in the fourth after kicking a FG and the score was 14-10. The first play after the kickoff, Thomas connects on a play-action pass to Marcus Davis for an 82 yard pass for a touchdown. "When Marcus caught the ball, I knew it was going to be 6" said Thomas after the game. The defense also played well holding Clemson to only 191 yards of total offense and sacking the QB 5 times. "Our offense came up huge tonight. Logan was careful with the ball. If we dont turn the ball over we are a tough team to beat" says Coach Ransom after the game. The Hokies will enjoy the W tonight but know they play there rival the Miami Hurricanes next week in Miami.​

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

14. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Sorry for the late recap,,, Auburn came out slow against Vandy. Coach Limbo said after the game" The boys where over looking them I Guess"​
    ScreenHunter_10 Jul. 28 09.17.jpg ScreenHunter_11 Jul. 28 09.18.jpg