Week 8 (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Wow, no user games, I see another fast advance comin.

Touchdown Celebration.gif

3. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

4. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Rutgers Can't Pull It Off​
    Rutgers trailed pretty much the entire game against the Syracuse Orange. The Rutgers defense just could not stop Jerome Smith (The Bus 2.0) who rushed for a school record 286 yards! Everytime the D thought they had brought him down he managed to break it. He did have a hard time hanging onto the ball though fumbling three times but only one was recovered by Rutgers. This has been the problem all year for the Scarlet Knights. They just cannot seem to be able to stop the run. Hopefully they can turn it around next week when they travel to Temple.​

5. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Wins Ugly Over GA Tech, 6-3

In a game worthy of the title "Worst Game Ever," the Demon Deacons put together their only meaningful drive of the game when it mattered most, putting together a perfect 2 minute drill, going 67 yards and kicking the winning FG as time expired. The key play of the entire game may have been a penalty decision. With about 30 seconds left, Wake Forest had a 3rd and 2 from about the 30 yard line and were stuffed. But a holding call was accepted, giving the Deacons another chance. Had it been declined, it would have been about a 48 yard FG, possibly within range but a long FG. Instead, it was 3rd and 11 from the 40, and Steve Ragland beat the 1 on 1 press coverage and streaked into the open for a 37 yard catch before being forced out at the 5. A run to the middle of the field set up the chip shot winning FG.

Neither team managed 200 yards of offense, GA Tech's option attack netted just 17 rushing yards, while the two teams combined for 7 of 18 on 3rd downs. 3 Wake Forest interceptions stopped any momentum they gained from 3 missed Yellow Jacket FGs. But it's the scoreboard that matters, and Wake improves to 4-0 in conference, 6-1 overall.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Louisville wins wild shoot-out 52-31-

After a their first loss of the season Louisville was looking not to have another let down and drop two in a row. Again though the Cards offense didnt start out well which is what happened in their last game starting with a 3 and out but as always the Louisville defense looked as if they had come to play to start the game as the also were able to force a 3 and out. On the punt Davis was able to catch lightning in a bottle,

and take the punt back 49 yards for the touchdown scoring the first special teams touchdown of the season. But then for the first time all season the defense looked like it wasnt very prepared in this game. posibly letting nerves of the loss take over and allowed a very quick score. it would seem that big play would be the flavor of the day for Pittsburgh even though they didnt all result in touchdowns the big runs and big passes seemed abundant as well as broken tackles. Louisville did however answer back to that score with what could be the best play of the year for this Cardinal team. After a failed trick play resulting in a loss of 8 Teddy "Heisman" Bridgewater decided to take over,

on the option play he kept broke a tackle and was off to the races, and when you thought he would be down around the 5 yard line he broke another tackle and dove into the endzone for the touchdown. He had this to say after the game, " Yea I just just knew i had to make something big happen and thats what i did. when i saw that last guy i knew i couldnt let him bring me down." Teddy ended the day with a career high 110 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns to go along with another solid passing performance as well going 13 for 17 211 yards with 2 touchdowns and a interception.

In the end the defense was able to crack down and hold the Panthers scoreless in the 4th quarter and adding a defensive score by Mike Privott off the forced fumble by Anthony Branch,

Next week the Cards go on the road to face rival the Cincinnati Bearcats

Player of the Game
    Offensive- Teddy Bridgewater 13 for 17 211 yards 2 td 1 int 17 rushes 110 yards 2 tds
    Defensive- Anthony Branch 6 solo tackles 2 TFL 1 FF

7. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Did a baseball game break out at Wake Forest?

8. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

College baseball games have more scoring... I blame the monsoon. Lot of drops, WRs slipping, their option QB stumbled taking the snap a couple times... whatever, it's a W, lol.

9. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Just finished my epic game with Terrapins..It says I restarted because the game froze on the loading screen..

10. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Michigan tops Penn State 45-20

With an 8 point lead at half, Michigan takes over in the 2nd half beating Penn State 45-20. Denard Robinson had another great game, passing for 273 yards 2 TD 2 INT on 19-24 completions. He also rushed for 132 yards 2 TDs on 19 carries. Senior running back Vincent Smith came back from injury and added in over 125 all purpose yards, and junior WR Jeremy Jackson had 116 yards and a TD. Senior MLB Kenny Demens led the team with 12 tackles and junior FS Thomas Gordon had 9 tackles.

Michigan hosts rival #5 Michigan State next week. The Wolverines must win to stay with Iowa near the top of the Big 10 Legends.

11. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Cowboys hold off Jayhawks
    38-17
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    There was not very much excitement heading on the Oklahoma State sideline heading into the week 8 match up against Kansas. The Cowboys were looking to come into Jayhawk Stadium and walk out with a victory, but the Jayhawks were looking to prove something. The scoreboard may look a little lopsided in the end, but OSU got much more than they bargained for this week.
    The Cowboy offense has been nearly flawless with football all season, but that changed on the first possession in today's game. Senior Cornerback, Greg Brown picked off an errant bubble screen pass and nearly returned it for a touchdown. Brown was tackled at the OSU 34 yard line, the early turnover bringing even more energy to the amped Jayhawk sideline. Two plays later, the Jayhawks found pay dirt. Crist hit his tight end Puthoff on a play-action pass for 26 yards and the score.
    [​IMG]
    Chelf hits Anderson deep for a 76 yard touchdown
    The early turnover did not seem to affect Chelf. After a first down run, Chelf found a streaking Isiah Anderson wide open down the left sideline. The score was quickly 7-7. After forcing a Kansas punt, the Black and Orange offense returned to the field and displayed a little deja vu. After three consecutive runs, Chelf ran play action and found Tracey Moore behind the coverage this time. The first quarter points didn't stop there for the Cowboys, on the next Jayhawk drive Brodrick Brown showed why he was voted to the All-American team in 2011. Brown undercut an in route and weaved through receivers and lineman on his way to the endzone.
    [​IMG]
    Chelf's pass to Tracey Moore is caught for a 63 yard touchdown
    The offense continued to thrive in the second quarter. Moore found the endzone again, This time making a man miss after catching a slant pass and outracing the rest of the secondary 38 yards into the endzone. Quinn Sharp's 47 yard field goal with 0:53 seconds left capped off the first half scoring. The Cowboys looked to be on their way to a blowout victory up 31-10 at the half.
    A back and forth third quarter finally yielded points with 1:27 remaining. The Cowboys ran the ball on second and goal from the KU 4 yard line. Joseph Randle appeared to have crossed the goal line before his knee touched the ground. The Oklahoma State waited for a challenge to be initiated by the booth, but it never came. The Cowboys again lined up in the pistol and were expected to run the ball again, but Chelf called an audible. A quick pass was attempted, but Greg Brown got the best of Clint Chelf again. Brown returned the interception 101 yards. A furious Mike Gundy threw his headset on the sideline and really let Chelf have it on his way back to the bench. During his post game press conference Gundy addressed the matter, "We preach smart football every day at practice, and that way not smart football. The defense was gearing up for the run, but in that situation the worst we get out of it is three points, and instead we gave them seven points. There's a right time to make that check, but third and goal up 21 points is not that time."
    After the pick 6, the focus on offense became to run the ball. Only one fourth quarter pass was thrown. Even when the Cowboys faced third and long, Coach Gundy opted to run the ball. "We had been playin solid defense all day. They only moved the ball once on us without the help of turnovers. We just wanted to kill the clock as much as possible and get out of there with a win," he stated. The rushing attack proved too much for the worn down Kansas defense and Oklahoma State held the ball nearly two thirds of the quarter and capped one drive off with a 6 yard rushing touchdown by Randle. The pesky Jayhawks refused to lie down despite being toasted in the first half. The Cowboys learned a valuable lesson this week. Don't get complacent.
    Conference play continues next week as the Pokes travel to Ames, Iowa to face to last place Cyclones of Iowa State.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  12. droid43

droid43 Walk On

*bloop* Tire fire offense unlocked

• Like Like x 1
  13. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

This game is going to give me an aneurysm. Start of the second half, down 14-17 and it freezes during the game track crap. I don't know what to do, no other game does this to me. Tried to save it to my hard drive several times because that usually solves it, but it gets halfway done and says it can't read the disk, but the disk is in perfect condition. So pissed off about this, excuse my rant. If anybody is online. Gonna take a wlquick vid of it for proof, but doesn't show the score.

14. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

That sucks man :( hope EA fix that soon.

15. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Happened again, this time in he 4th, again on a game track. I had a really long pissed off rant all typed up, but then my phone died, so I can't take it anymore, sim me if need be, maybe I'm not meant to get through this stinking stanford game. Too many things will be destroyed in my home if I keep having this happen. Orwt part is the L1st g

16. droid43

droid43 Walk On

aneurysm? ;)

17. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

hahaha that sucks man. u should be able to beat stanford on a sim

18. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Holy crap. See what I mean? Keep in mind that was at almost 2am, I was on my phone, and yes, mid aneurysm. I had to be up at 5 this morning for an early meeting too, so it all added up to me being belligerent and pissed. From what I remember of my original rage induced rant, there was a lot of threats to kittens, my controller going through my tv, the xbox going through my large front window, then being beaten mercilessly with bats, golf clubs, fists, teeth and nails. Wanted to get the dang game wrapped up and that garbage keeps happening.

I really really really wish you could shut off game track updates, studio updates and any other junk like that, it is the only time I've had any freezing. On studio updates, it's as soon as that graphic starts its swipe on across the screen, on game track it's right as the first highlight starts to play. Always the same, and every time one of those things starts, I tense up. Most of the time no problem, but this is 2 out of my last 3 games. Going to search some glitch threads and see if I need to change anything as a work around.

19. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

that sucks but i have heard of that but havent heard of a work around

20. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I hope so, but if Wick's ok with it, I'd like to give it another go tonight, but it might be late before I can. If everybody is already done today, then I don't want to hold it up. Just sucks if I get the loss that way because I was having really tight tough games with them. In the first one, I was down 17-7 towards the end of the 2nd quarter, but was able to make a great drive down to score right before the half and put it at 14-17. Then on the 3rd qtr kickoff, I smoked the returner and forced the fumble, and recovered it at about the 20. Right then the game track started, and sure enough, freeze. So I was most likely going to have at least a tie game and who knows from there.

The 2nd try was a mess from the start, for some reason it didn't load my settings, so before I knew it they gave me Air Force's playbook and I of course just hit start to get it moving. That created a lot of problems because I do not run that type of offense, but didn't want to restart again so I went with it. I still took the lead on Stanford into the second half and was having a great game, but was down to start the 4th quarter and trying to make a comeback, when it froze again on a studio update.

So through 2 games it was basically a toss up, and I'll take whatever happens with a sim and live with it if need be. Especially if it just won't let me get through this game for whatever reason, I know sometimes there are just points that it hangs up on and glitches out, hopefully the next week it and going forward it isn't a problem.

21. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Just read the new patch is supposed to fix freezing issues, but I downloaded that last night and it still happened. Twice. Great.

22. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

i think that was more the freezing issue when loading up but maybe its all freezes

23. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

and i think the only game that is left to be played is u and wick. there are a couple who arent readied up though

24. droid43

droid43 Walk On

It sounds like all that cheating making your players skate around is coming back to haunt you schreck. You're tearing up your xbox.

25. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

SEC SHOWDOWN in KNOXVILLE

#1 LSU 17
    Tennessee 10

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. This is J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from Neyland Stadium in Knoxville Tennessee for GMONEY TV as the Top ranked LSU Tigers continued on the 2nd stop of a 4 game SEC road journey. This game was televised not only on GMONEY TV but also ESPN and ESPN Deportes. The Tigers barely hung on for a 17-10 victory over those pesky Volunteers in from of 102,000 crazy ass fans. On Tennessee's first offensive play of the game, Justin Hunter took an WR end around and went 75 yards to give the Volunteers a early 7-0 lead and the fans were going absolutely crazy. During the TV time-out after that score, coach GMONEY pulled his entire team around him and his words we as follows. " Man the f%^k up and play some god dam football" LSU then drove right down the field and after FB Kenny Hillard dove in from 1 yard out to even the game at 7 all. The the Volunteers were driving down the field again and on 2nd and goal from the LSU 7 yardline, JR SS Craig Loston made the play of the game. He stepped in front of a pass intended for Hunter picked it off and took it back 93 yards to the house to give the Tigers a 14-7 lead aS THE 102,000 FANS in Neyland Stadium were stone cold quiet. After that LSU scored a FG in the 2nd QTR and the half ended with LSU leading 17-7.

The 2nd half was a defensive battle as both defenses were flying to the ball and hitting anyone in a different color uniform. as neither offense could get anything going. After a scoreless 3rd QTR, The Volunteers were driving but the LSU defense held them to a FG and all of a sudden it was a 1 possession game at 17-10. That woke up the crowd and LSU had to figure something out on offense as there was 5:11 left in the game. LSU then received the ball at their 20 yardline and just pounded the ball down the throats of the Tennessee defense as they made the Volunteers use all 3 of their time-outs and on a crucial 3rd down play, Spencer Ware got a first down and that was that. Mettenberger kneeled down 3 times and the Tiger hold on for the 17-10 win. Now coach GMONEY is now headed towards to podium and is about to address the Media. Oh no, he doesn't look in the best of moods. Let's see what he has to say to the Media.

NOTABLE LSU STATS
    Zach Mettenberger 7/13/106/1int
    Spencer Ware 20 rushes 118 yards
    Michael Ford 7 rushes 29 yards
    Kenny Hillard 6 rushes 12 yards 1td
    Alfred Blue 3 rushes 19 yards

5 different Tigers caught at least 1 pass

GMONEY: "What's up bitches? Welcome to my post game news conference. I won't be fielding any questions after I speak so listen up. We know that this is one if not to toughest conference to play in the country. We found a way to win the game. Now did we play like the #1 team in the land? I will answer that for you. Hell mother f%c$i*^ no we did not. Im happy that we are 6-0 on the season and currently 2-0 on our 4 game road trip through the SEC. We need to get better on both sides of the ball. We had some good drives on offense but they stalled. My usually reliable FG kicker missed a dam 25 yard FG that hit the god dam post. Are you kidding me? On defense we couldn't seem to tackle until they were driving on our side of the dam field. We are about to go to College Station to take on the 11th ranked Texas AM Aggies. That 12th man crowd will be insane. They also have a tough as nails defensive unit. We better be ready for them or else they will hand us our ass on a silver platter. I'm irritated right now. I'm about to meet with my defensive coordinator to begin to work out a scheme for our next game. Thanks for coming out. God Bless and good night."

So there you have it. This is J Lo, The Big Booty Hoe saying so long from Neyland Stadium as the Top Ranked team in the country barely hangs on for a 17-10 win over the Volunteers. the next telecast on GMONEY TV will be on Saturday as the Tigers will take on the Aggies from Kyle field on the campus of Texas AM. Until then, take care.