Week 8 2013 Now Open - Deadline = 1.10.10 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Jan 7, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 8 Now Open

Deadline - January 10, 2010 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

NIU (Vols) @ Kent St. (CLW)

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Scheduling Thread Up!

3. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Miami faced the classic trap game in Eastern Michigan. After slugging through two battles vs. Akron and NIU, and looking ahead to two more wars with Kent State and Temple, playing the Hurons was an afterthought. Until we got busted in the mouth.

QB Austin Boucher was brutal going 8-19 with two picks and three sacks. Three different HBs left the game due to injury. And the Redhawks looked as flat as a 25 year old Courntey Cox. But lucky for us, we've got Dat Q.

DaQuan Hargrett kept adding to his Heisman campaign with another stellar game. Q ran for 174 yards and 3 TDs, and caught 2 passes for 99 yards. One was for a 92 yard TD (thank you blitzing LB!) He was pulled midway through the third quarter to be safe.

A few big plays sparked the scoring. Eddie Griffin forced a saftey on his blitz. Allen Veazie made it back to back weeks Dat U takes a KO to the house, with an 86 yards return. An freshman Al Green added a key INTto turn back EMU as they tried to hang tough.

The final was 47-21 as EMU got some great momentum from EA and played much better than their record or ratings suggests.

Next week...we make like Neil Young and head to Kent State to face their electric QB for a share of the MACk East lead.

4. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Roady kickin' butt and takin' names this season. Dat U is on a tear.

5. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Temple on a Bye...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Yeah, but the next three weeks will define my season. You, Radio, and Sox. My murderers row.

7. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish SURVIVES NIU/Sox in a WILD game that saw nearly everything including a blocked PAT returned for 2 by Kent St.

If it weren't for both team's SHITTY QB'S air mailing throws at awful times this would have been a shoot out. Golden Flashes survive 21-13.

8. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

GG Commish...I have never seen a blocked extra Pt in this game until last night. Yes my backup QB played like shit as usual. 3 INT's on some horrid throws and bad decisions. The pick 6 kept me in it and seemed to swing momentum my way.

Cant wait to get my starter back...he has been listed as questionable for 2 weeks now. Damn he is a Puss

On the recruiting front: NIU is bringing in their best class to date...its gonna be loaded with alot of 3 star kids.

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

A blocked XP?!? What trick doesn't he have in his bag???

This year seems to be a very slow recruiting class for me. I'm getting lots of love, but few commits. I've got two instant ones early on, but that's it. I'm seeing other CPU schools with 10+ dudes already. I can't imagine the cash and ass they are blowing. Hopefully some guys will fall victim to my whoring this week. My overall depth is pretty thin, so I need to start restocking the shelves.

10. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Not just a blocked PAT but a blocked PAT for 2.

I've blocked 3-4 this year and 1-2 FGs. In another OD I'm in I blocked the PAT it went right to his holder/QB who was able to scramble through 3 tackles into the endzone for a 2 Pt Conv.

After last season's "strong" class I'm back to sucking it up on the trail. Radio in particular is killin' me out there.

11. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I saw you ran it back. That's just ridiculous. I blocked one in the second or thrid game I played back in July. It was done accidently, and hasn't been replicated before. I've seen some shanked, though.

Hey - C-dub. Since it's not going to happen tonight, do you figure we scrap about the usual time tomorrow night? 9:30 or so?

12. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Should work for me. I'll be around either on AIM or PSN.

13. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

No, you don't want to mess with Temple in recruiting this year. After our week 1 haul, we were left with all "pipeline" recruits that we can throw an hour to each kid. It was gonna be a small class and we have a ton of time to spend.

14. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Western Michigan was over matched on paper going in and the result showed Bowling Green 38-21.Was a great team effort this week.The boys will need to get back to work fast as the schedule only gets harder.Dat U is no joke.And nice hard fought win clw