Week 8 (2013)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

• Like Like x 2
  2. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Learns the Heimlich, Avoids Massive Choke

Wake Forest took their newly earned #19 ranking down the road to take on Duke, and opened up a 28-0 lead without blinking. The Blue Devils got on the board late in the 2nd quarter with a Thompson TD run, and then used an INT to grab a FG before the half ended, but still, 28-10 at the half. The Deacons added a FG in the 3rd to go up 31-10, and then all hell broke loose. All of a sudden, Duke RB Thompson became untackleable. 38 seconds after Wake's FG, Duke added a TD. 31-17. Then, an INT returned for a TD. 31-24. With Wake trying to end the game with one more 3rd down completion, Tanner Price threw his 3rd INT of the game. The defense forced a 4th and 12 with just under a minute left, and twice had Boone lined up for the game ending sack, and twice inexplicably missed. Needless to say, Boone found a receiver and tied the game at 31 with just 46 seconds left. Luckily, the world righted itself in the final seconds, and Price found Steve Ragland behind the safety for a game winning 42 yard TD pass. Bonkers.

So yea, this happened. 4th and 12, Wake 31 - Duke 24, no timeouts left...

I just started laugh crying hysterically, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  3. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Epic header is epic.

and so are those missed sacks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Oklahoma State Show the Falcons Who Rules the Air in Stillwater
    52-19
    "Have no fear ladies and gentlemen, Clint Chelf is ok. Which is more than I can say for the lineman after this coming week's practices," were the opening words to Coach Mike Gundy's post-game press conference, "He's been diagnosed with back spasms and will be back against Kansas. We're holding him out against Baylor next week as a precautionary measure. If we felt we really needed him, he would play, but with the way JW Walsh played in today's game I think we'll be just fine."
    Care for a glimpse of life after Chelf? If you missed tonight's performance, you won't want to miss next week's. JW Walsh came into the game and took complete command of the offense. Under Walsh's direction, the offense never had to punt the ball. As a matter of fact, all but one drive resulted in touchdowns for the Walsh and the Cowboy offense. The lone field goal came late in the forth quarter when Oklahoma State was simply trying to bleed the clock.
    The final score may appear to be lopsided, but the Air Force Academy was very much in this game in the first half and early in the second half. The Falcons struck first on a 31 yard field goal after a Clint Chelf interception. The interception didn't both the senior too much as he came out firing on the next drive and found Zac Butler on a 39 yard catch and run for the touchdown. The Cowboys forced the Falcons to punt after reaching their own 48 yard line. Falcon Punter, David Baska, placed a beautiful punt down right at the 5 yard line. The next play would be Clint Chelf's last of the game. On a play action pass Chelf was just starting his throwing motion when Air Force's David Hall sprung free up the middle and sacked Clint right at the goal line. After a brief deliberation on the field, it was determined that the play resulted in a safety. Coach Gundy argued the call for most of the next two drives, but it was all for naught. The first quarter ended with a 14-5 Cowboy lead.
    Air Force executed a great 2 minute offense to score in the second quarter to pull within 9, 12-21. Walsh then showed tremendous leadership during the one minute offense, actually 30 second offense. Air Force scored with 1:09 remaining before the half, and the Cowboys crossed the goal line with 0:32 remaining.
    The Falcons scored just 14 seconds into the second half, 19-28. Oklahoma State again took the chance to one up the Academy by scoring in only 10 seconds one a JW Walsh 75 yard run. The quick score was the first of a 24-0 Oklahoma state run that finish the game. The Falcons were given a salute and standing ovation as they left Boone-Pickens Stadium.
    The Cowboys will host the Baylor Bears next week on FOX Southwest at 7:00 pm.

5. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

not going to be able to play my game, so you can advance w/o me.

6. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Up 38-10 with 4 to go I get my first freeze of the year wtf lol

7. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Damn that play reminds me of that superbowl the titans(or was it the rams?) lost by a foot.

8. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Just curious if we're still on track for the 3:30 advance. Bye weeks are boring and all.

9. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

Awesome got simmed lost my two starting rbs for 3 weeks and my all American olb that's fun