Week 8 2014 Now Open - Deadline 2.21.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Feb 19, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 8 Now Open

Deadline = February 21, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

2. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

FYI - Mostly just to clean up some "clutter" I removed the guys that I haven't seen much activity from lately (Vols, Dredd, DJ)

We are down to 4 (Roady, Radio, Sox, CLW) [​IMG]

Once we finish up this season I'll hit the recruiting trail looking for members.

3. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Commish defeats NIU sans Vols 35-16. Had it not been for a ton of Golden Flashes miscues this one would have gotten ugly in a hurry. Kent St. coughed the ball up several times allowing the Huskies to stay in the game. Fortunately, NIU's offense was unable to muster much against an improving Kent St. D.

If things hold to form we could be looking at an undefeated v. undefeated showdown between Sox and CLW in a few weeks.

4. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Buffalo held there own for the first quarter forcing some punts out of BGSU... Eventually the falcons wore them down to take a convincing win at home 44-0

5. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Roadhouse has a wild game but comes out on top 41-34, in OT vs. Eastern Michigan. EMU puts up 21 unanswered points in the 41 quarter toforce a tie. The last TD came after Jack Black was inserted to QB as a mop up. He scrambled for a 20 yard run, and tried to slide like Mike Vick. Of course he fumbles.

Anyway, I finally stopped choking wins away and steal one that was easy for three quarters. That's the good news. Bad news from the training room is about Rick James. He has a foot fracture and is out 10 weeks. That's the season for him, but it does open the door for Lionel Richie. He pulled in 5 catches for 106 yards today.

Our schedule will go from bad to worse very soon....

6. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

FYI - we have a potential new member (referred by Sox) Fred Limbo. Obviously, we need some new blood so barring any objections he will be joining us. My question was whether we have him wait to join us at the beginning of the 2015 season or just jump in now in the middle of the season?

7. soxandgators

I am down for letting him join now...but if you want we could let him join to recruit but make him autopilot the rest of the season.

8. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

I second Sox's motion. It would be good to get the new guy in, so he knows the group, then he can hit the ground running in the offseason.

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Any thoughts Radio?

Also FYI - Sox the game you posted about must have been LAST WEEK. YOU STILL NEED TO PLAY THIS WEEK!

10. soxandgators

I beat Buffalo 44-0 this week...didi it not load...after I finished it even had a dynasty writeup on our league page...if for some reason it didn't load I will play it in 3 hours..thanks for the heads up

11. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Sorry for the late response, I was pouting over my 38-35 loss to BC.

Misery loves company and me and Roady need somebody else to share our CPU ass rapings with. I Vote to let the new guy jump right in.

• Like Like x 1