Week 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Congrats to Jon Jon Anderson for surviving a two-game gauntlet against top-ranked user opponents. Now a similar task befalls cmassey13. Can he continue his incredible winning streak, or will there be another shakeup in the top 5?​
    #10 Wisconsin vs. Syracuse​
    #22 Alabama @ Vanderbilt​
    #6 Iowa @ Illinois​
    #11 Georgia @ #16 Illinois​
    #1 Florida @ Mississippi State​
    #4 Georgia Tech @ TCU​
    User Game of the Week: #2 Texas @ #9 Oklahoma

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ben

Ben Walk On

I have to face my home town team, Illinois, and they are ranked! :eek:

3. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

i think thats a typo i just got done playing my game against Illinois :confused:

4. Ben

Ben Walk On

LOL I just noticed that. Yea it wouldn't make sense for me to be playing a non-conference game in the middle of the season. Good catch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Iowa Improves to 7-0
    Iowa started off slow, which has been the normal start to every game. Illinois would start the scoring fest with a touchdown and field goal. Iowa would answer in the 2nd quarter with a Jordan Canzeri touchdown. The defense would step up and kick but. Jake Rudock would be 13/21 for 169 yards 1 touchdown and 1 pick. Iowa looks forward to the Northe Dame.​
    Offensive Player of the game
    Canzeri.jpg
    Jordan Canzeri rushed for163 yards on 24 carries and 3 touchdowns. Canzeri also caught 1 pass for 4 yards.​
    Law.jpg
    Nico Law would again score on a pick 6. He would also have 3 total tackles​

6. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

I have had 3 straight games playing TCU where the results are not registering. I"m getting sick and tired of it. Every time, I can't connect to the EA Servers after the W.

I'll try again tomorrow. This is rediculous.

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Bye Week for the Tigers

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

sucks, sorry about that

9. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

I'm going to try again within the next 2 hours. Hopefully it works after that.

10. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Oklahoma Suffers Heartbreaking Loss
    The Sooners could not overcome the loss of Early King for the entire second half, who accounted for 300 yards in the first half, and lost by 5 to conference rival Texas. The Sooners got out to a quick 10-0 lead and the game was tied at half. With King injured, Oklahoma had to look elsewhere, and the other plays certainly did not step up. Five different receivers dropped crucial, open passes and the defense dropped an easy interception in the red zone.
    "It's truly unfortunate that we could not pull this one out," said senior QB Blake Bell. "We played great the entire game but could not overcome the trying times," he added.
    Oklahoma will put this loss behind them and look forward to week 9. "There was so much to take from this game, and we're very proud of how we played," said freshman King. "It's been an honor to be so involved in this offense, it killed me to have to sit out the second half."
    "No one gives this team any credit," said coach Boraby. "We should have won this game and put ourselves in title contention, but we let it slip away... Hopefully our efforts do not go unnoticed."

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  11. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

any luck?