Week 8 2015 Now Open - Deadline = 3.23.11 7:00 a.m. EST

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CLW, Mar 21, 2011.

1. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

Week 8 Now Open

Deadline = March 23, 2011 7:00 a.m. EST

GBN v. GBN =

Miami, OH (Roady) @ Western Michigan (Limbaugh) - Please just use this thread to schedule. Thanks!

2. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Whats a good time for you I am good tonight around 730 or 8, my daughter has softball practice and wants me to come by after work so I am going will not be home till 7.

3. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

OH YEA LETS GO BRONCOS​

4. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Fred -

Can you play later? Unless you can go right now, I can't play until about 9:30 EST. Otherwise, we can talk about tomorrow night.

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

yea later is fine with me i am CST so 830 or 9 my time is good that would be 930 or 10 yer time

6. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Fantastic. I'll text you when I'm ready. Good luck.

7. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

8. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Just had a 42-14 lead on Central Michigan and the game froze...about to start it again

9. CLW

CLW GBN Commish

McKinney FINALLY made Coach CLW's decision to move him to DE pay off finishing the game with 7 sacks setting a New NCAA record for sacks in a game. McKinney was simply a beast all game long as Kent St. cruised to victory over Ball St.

10. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

It was another game of what if....

Miami U and Western Michigan locked horns in a new formed rivalry to give the ticket holders a terrific game. The first quarter results seemed like this would be a wide-open, defense is option type game, even though both teams were without their starting running backs.

WMU's Avery Hagan was a player posessed. He cut through the Redhawks' D like a hot knife through a baby seal. The Broncos' HB starter is Tom Jackson (from...Louisville!) but he's on the shelf. Who needs him? Hagan could not be stopped. John Coltraine is Miami's stand-in, as starter Dougie Fresh continues to mend his sprained elbow. He'll also miss next week's Buffalo game but we hope to have him back for facing Bowling Green and Kent State.

Hagan scored first, and Coltraine answered. A three and out game the ball back to Dat U and we were marching. Coltraine slipped through a tackler in the backfield and raced for a first down, but he got jacked up and fell. The officials said he fumbled, but I think it was home cooking. Both defenses started to catch up, but Coltraine took a 58 yarder from Jack Black for a score and the Broncos countered with their own 7 yard strike. 14-14 at the half.

Adjustments were being made. The Broncos, lead by the ferocious MLB Jimmy Caldwell, started to smack the Black off Jack's jersey. Miami's O was MIA in the third quarter, and WMU was able to convert some clutch 3rd downs to score the go-ahead TD in the third.

The Broncos' no huddle attack wore down Dat U, allowing Hagan to bust off a 65 yard sweep. We finally connected on some key passes to Peter Tosh and Lionel Ritchie to set up a short TD dive by Eddie Murphy. Hagan scored his third TD with under two minutes left, and WMU had a 14 point lead and thier foot on our throat.

We were able to score another TD as my boy from the hood, O'Shea Jackson, hauled in a short pass. We attempted the onside kick, got the right bounce, but the ball slipped through Robert Cray's hands and WMU recovered to end the game.

GG Fred. Your team played a mean host and are a well coached bunch. I missed a lot of wide open guys today. Maybe the 14 mph winds screwed up the passing, but your d-backs made some incredible swats when the game mattered most.

GL the rest of the way.

11. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

That sums it up very well I will not do a complete game recap but I will hit on the:

Coach Notes and Quotes:

"Dat U and his cast of Superstar/Hollywood "missing Charlie Sheen" played a great game"

"The 14 mph wind put a stop to our kicking lol, we did not notice it till we lined up for a 44 yarder and had to call a time out to change our play to go for it on 4th and 2."

"We did ok on D we did give up 350 in the air to Jack Black but we made plays when we had to."

"Offense did what we had planed and thats run the football. Hagan 25 carries for 197 and 3 TDs and Butler added 8 carries for 52 YDS"

"To top off the week, after watching this weeks game the ESPNU Top 150 & #9 RB in the nation Edward Fuller commits to the Broncos over Kent St"

"This was our 1st top 150 player ever and a statement to the nation: "We will recruit the best players and sign them even if it breaks our bank"

"Awesome week for Bronco football"

12. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Back in business tomorrow guys. New slim ps3 getting put on the Best Buy card. Commish, feel free to advance tomorrow morning but I should have it back at the house by noon.

13. Roadhouse

Roadhouse Walk On

Good luck with the move, dude!