Week 8, 2015: Separation Saturday

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Another great week, and the championship picture is looking cloudier than ever. Auburn looks like a front-runner out of the SEC, but who will join them?​
    Ohio State opened the season as No. 1 and backed it up with two wins against user opponents. Since then, the Buckeyes have faltered, and fell on the road last week to Penn State. They plummet to No. 12 in the polls, but can pick themselves up with a win against the hated Wisconsin Badgers. This has annually been one of CL's best rivalry games, and that shouldn't change this year. Wisconsin is back to No. 4 and could put themselves in the driver's seat with a win on the road. ​
    Notre Dame is also in the picture, and despite losing to Wisconsin earlier in the season, the Irish rank ahead of the Badgers at No. 3. We will see how long that lasts, but it likely doesn't matter. The Irish will have to win out, and then play an opponent from the tougher Leader's Division to have a shot at a title.​
    Texas looked poised to get back in the championship hunt, but took a loss to Florida last week. Florida bounces right back into it, but can they keep bouncing back after getting trounced by Auburn two weeks ago? They could have a shot at redemption weeks from now against the same Tigers. Until then, the defending national champs just have to keep winning. ​
    Elsewhere, two-loss Georgia and Oklahoma will battle user opponents once again in games that could determine the direction of their season. It all ads up for a great week in Chompions League​
    North Carolina vs. #16 Miami​
    #1 Auburn vs. Arkansas​
    #3 Notre Dame vs. #7 USC​
    #6 Florida vs. UCF​
    #8 Texas vs. #14 Oklahoma
    #10 Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Tech​
    #11 Georgia vs. #19 LSU
    User Game of the Week: #4 Wisconsin @ #12 Ohio State

• Like Like x 1
  2. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I wish someone could knock Oregon out of the #2 spot so we could get an all user NC game. I think they still have to play USC and other out West, so here's hoping that it's Duck Season.

I know I have a tough road to the CCG and beyond to get there. Maybe a rematch with Wisco for the Big Ten crown!

Oh, and ND is ahead of Wisco because of the famous ND bias of course. In the end it will all get settled on the field.

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I get to battle for the Jeweled Shillelagh this week! One of the more hillarious looking trophies out there.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Glad to see we're already counting out the Buckeyes...smh

• Like Like x 1
  5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I just don't want to have to face Hall or McLaurin.

I also want to avenge my earlier loss on the season.

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Buckeyes Bounce Back!
    A week after tasting defeat for the first time this season, Ohio State knocked off No. 4 Wisconsin, 17-14.
    The Buckeyes were led by Heisman hopeful Ray Hall. The junior receiver returned the opening kickoff 106 yards for a touchdown, igniting the home crowd. The Scarlet-and-Grey-clad faithful would burst into a full-fledged party hours later, when Hall brought in a thirty yard reception to seal an OSU victory.
    All told, Hall caught six passes for 129 yards. Freshman Jalen Bush had another great game against a ranked opponent, throwing for 299 yards.
    OSU now waits to see how the big win impacts their ranking, after losing to unranked Penn State and plummeting to No. 12.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Wooo doggy! THE Ohio State University is out for blood! Scarlet blood!

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Been a devastating four seasons lol. First year, only lost to CPU-controlled Penn State in the rain, on the road, at night, in OT. 2nd year I lost in the NC by 1 point on a field goal as time expired to Texas. Next year I lose in the NC to Florida after failing on a 4th-and-4 from my 15. This year I lose on the road, at night, in the rain, in OT...to Penn State

9. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Horns Roll in Red River Rivalry
    Texas needed to bounce back after last week's loss at Florida and the Longhorns came out playing very sharp. They scored touchdowns on their first three possessions and held Oklahoma's offense in check as well. Texas made some adjustments in their game planning and personnel after their trip to "The Swamp" and that showed in their balanced attack in this year's edition of the Red River Rivalry. This wraps up four straight user games for Texas and their happy to walk away 3-1 in those games, but hope that they will somehow get a chance to work their way back into the National Championship picture.
    Next week the Longhorns travel to Lubbock for a matchup with rival Texas Tech.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

10. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

TEXAS FIGHT!

That was a great game we had. I know it was a tough one to lose, but exactly what a NC game should look like.

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

THE SHILLELAGH IS MINE!!!!
    [​IMG]

Everett Golson stepped up to the tune of 264 passing yards, 90 rushing yards, and 6 total TDs. William Mahoney also earned his scholly this week 130 on the ground with a TD and an 80 yard catch for TD at the end of the first half. The offense was rolling all game. Golson didn't have a pass hit the ground in the first half, though one of those did end up picked off by USC. He was 10/11 in the opening half with most of his total passing yards already. He wasn't nearly as efficient in the second half but the defense did enough to win the game. USC and QB Cody Kessler did their best to get back in it with some late TDs but even with his 353 yard passing day they did not have enough to keep up with the Irish!

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ben

Ben Walk On

MarkyMark and I are shooting for sunday night to play our game. Sorry for it being so late, but I'm working 2 jobs and got college work to get done, on top of lifting 4 days a week. Life is a bit hectic right now for me.

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Has to happen on Sunday or it'll be simmed.