Week 8, 2016

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Dynasty wire is offline, so no generated update. A fantastic game in the Big 10 this weekend with Glen Cieske vs. Paytonno1son -- please schedule asap!

On a side note, I literally cannot get through a game without a freeze, and unless I can work this problem out I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to put up with this frustration.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Glen Cieske

Let me know when u can go. Evenings are best

3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

What kind of time frame are you available tonight?

4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

After 8:45-9 I should be good

5. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Ok let me know when you can play im free all night

6. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Ill be on in 10 mins

7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

ok send the invite whenever you are ready

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

DUDE great game!! Paytonno1son

You had me scratching my head trying to figure out something to run most of the game. Nice defense.

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

RECAP! RECAP! RECAP!

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

MAROON AND WHITE SHOWDOWN!
    [​IMG]
    Josh Bracken ended up with 2 sacks on the day

SC.jpg
    A&M Shuts the Door on MSU
    The Bulldogs came out flat but put up 17 points in the second quarter to keep it close. Both defenses were stingy in the third quarter but ATM put it awa with 2 late TDs. MSU had their short outburst before halftime, but the Aggie D was all over them for most of the game compiling 6 sacks. Multiple passes bounced off DBs hands preventing a slew of turnovers. However the one turnover they forced was pivotal. MSU had the ball inside the 5 in the third quarter and were looking to pull within one score. LBer Brett Wade drilled the ball carrier and took back momentum. The Bulldog D was solid for most of the game. They did a good job preventing big plays and the A&M offensive line gave up an uncharacteristic 4 sacks.
    In the end The Aggies were too much for the Bulldogs despite a great passing day by the MSU QB. Matt Davis ended up with just one INT on a hail mary at the end of the first. He spread the ball out to 8 different receivers on the day.

Stats:
    Davis - 232 yards and 3 TDs - 62 rushing yards and 2 TDs
    J White - 117 yards
    D Tanner - 38 yards and 3 TDs

11. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

b1g.png

2013-vs-wisconsin-left.png 2013-vs-mich-right.png

27 - 24 (2OT)

In a game many figured would decide who got to go to the Conference Title game both defenses showed up ready to do battle. Both offensive units could barley combine for 100 total yards at halftime, it took both coaches three quarters to get their offenses rolling. Going into the fourth quarter the score was 7-3 in favor of the Badgers, the Badgers defense look as if they were not going to let the Wolverines into the endzone at all but then Michigan drove down the field and capped off the drive with a 5 Yd run by RB D. Green, with 3:31 left in the quarter. On the ensuing drive true Freshman Dave Keyes found the endzone on a 5 Yd scamper with 1:04 remaining in the fourth which put the Badgers ahead by 4 points. Michigan got the ball at the 25 after a booming kick off went into the back of the endzone, from their the Wolverines picked apart the Badgers secondary moving the ball down the field and with 0:25 remaining S. Morris hit D. Jones on a WR screen and Jones did the rest taking it 22 Yds for the Touchdown. After the XP the Wolverines were up by 3 and the Badger faithful were stunned. Senior QB Bart Houston had a different plan, it was his turn to lead his team down the field completing clutch throws and bringing the Badgers into field goal range. As the clock expired Freshman A. McCall nailed a 44 Yd FG through the middle of the upright and sent this game in to OT.

The Badger started out the overtime session on offense and struck quickly, after an 8 Yd run by Corey Clement, Bart Houston hit Jake Lewis over the middle and Lewis weaved through the
    safeties and into the endzone. Everything was looking up for the Badgers, the pressure was now on Michigan to match the Badgers offense. Michigan came out firing and Morris hit Norfleet who made a tremendous catch along the sideline to tie the game back up at 24. Michigan started the second OT with the ball on offense, they got down to the 5 Yd line and everything pointed towards a touchdown but then Sojourn Shelton stepped in front of a pass headed for the endzone and put the game away for the Badgers.

Badgers

B. Houston 15/21 - 241 - 2 - 2

C. Clement 18 - 55

D. Keyes 7 - 25 - 1

J. Lewis 4 - 45 - 1

J. Pace 4 - 62

Michigan

S. Morris 13/26 - 172 - 2 - 1

D. Green 24 - 77 - 1

D. Jones 2 - 42 - 1

J. Butt 3 - 74

• Like Like x 2
  12. jandy

jandy Walk On

Wow sounds like a great finish! That was a big time win for your program, Glen. This could be the first of two matchups for you guys this year, so don't get down on yourself Payton!

13. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

It was a battle bro! Especially with our similar styles. I wanted to pound the ball down your throat! I couldn't believe how incredibly inaccurate my passing was to start but in the 4th it was spot on. Great game for sure.

14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Spayer419 I got a freeze at the end of the game. I didn't press x, I am now putting the controller down and walking away to let it run its own course. However it froze up anyway. This game and it's freezes are really wearing my patience thin. I love playing but I hate the bs.

BTW, I beat Kansas by 21 and had a pretty decent passing game going for the first time all year too (that is what you have to do when your two senior 96 rated HBs are out thanks to SIM injuries). I am not sure I will get to replay it. I may have to have you sim my game through. I won't be able to log on and play until around 11 pm est tonight.

15. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Tigers continue there hot winning streak over SMU 31-17. Rettig thrown two passing touchdowns before the half torching a suspect smu secondary apart. Coach Witness was very happy how good the team manage to play well balanced today not going ome dimensional. Aftet a fourth quarter shutout Tigers got the room they needed to secure the game. Mustangs R. Howell did play a good game at quarterback throwing over 300+ yards with a couple touchdown passes. I'm order to win this game Howell was going to need help one thing that wasn't running game manage 17 total rushing yards the entire game.

Tigers did manage to turnover the ball one time from a early fumble lost. Senior wideout Dural had another 100 yard receiving game this year 102 yards and 1 touchdown. New starter running back Miller played great with 147 yards on the ground and 2 touchdown. Offense played great ball just need to keep the momentum rolling a lot of football ahead still with toigh games coming. As expected defense played lights out making it almost impossible to even get yards. Smu was stuck with a 25% third down conversion rate which will help you win any games. Next weel Tigers will host UNLV hopefully get some young guys time to play before the brutal end of the season matchups vs Michigan amd Arkansas.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I know man, I love playing this game too but not when I have to play three times to complete one game

17. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

That sucks guys. It doesn't make any sense that only a couple of you are getting all of these freezes. I (knock on wood) haven't had many issues so far since the early days.

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I haven't gotten one in a cpu game until this one. I'm fine with a sim if that is what happens. I've been getting them in the user games and THAT is frustrating!

19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Rebooted my PS3, deleted all the game data and still got a second-half freeze ... think I'm done with this title

20. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Did anybody save the dynasty file? I know last year that was a big issue