Week 8, 2016

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Two great user matchups this week that should play a major role in the national championship hunt.​
    Iowa vs. Penn State​
    #4 Texas vs. #5 Oklahoma
    #7 Notre Dame vs. Stanford​
    #9 Alabama vs. Florida​
    #25 Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Tech​
    User Game of the Week: #2 Auburn vs. #3 Wisconsin

2. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

The Iowa-Penn State game will be played tonight!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Iowa Wins 42-30
    Iowa beats Penn State in Happy Valley. Penn State would go up first with a 30 yard field goal. Penn State would score again with a 5 yard touchdown run. Iowa would answer with 2 Alex Hill passes to Aaron Sanders 82 yards and 48 yards to go up 14-10. In the 3rd quarter Hill and Sanders would connect again, this time a 10 yard touchdown. The Nitty Lions would answer back with a 8 yard touchdown. Hill wasnt done just yet. He would fine Greg Mabin this time for a 78 yard touchdown. Cameron Wilson would catch another Hill pass for 32 yards. Penn State would answer back with a 8 yard touchdown, but a failed 2 point. Darrell Robinson would score on a 1 yard touchdown run.​
    Offensive Player of the Game:
    Hil.jpg
    Alex Hill: 21/28 402 yards 5 td's
    Defensive Player of the Game:
    Fraser.jpg
    Kareem Fraser: 5 tackles​

4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Wild Shootout Ends in Texas Victory 42-28
    This year's edition of the Red River Rivalry saw quite the contest with plenty of fireworks. Congrats to fishdock on a great matchup. Texas saw OU go up 14-0 early on, but WR Terrence Dorsey answered the bell to keep Texas in it early when he caught a short pass, spun away from the coverage and raced for a 75-yard touchdown. Things were back and forth through the first half as the score was 21-21 at halftime. Momentum shifted in the third quarter when Texas SS J.J. Carlton took an interception back 70 yards for a touchdown. OU wouldn't just lay down though, as the Sooners put together a very nice drive which culminated in a 1-yard TD plunge from HB Alex Ross to move within 7 points. However, Dorsey once again came up big as he came up with a 50-yard TD with 2:25 left in the game. The difference in this one seemed to come down to the turnover differential, as the Horns 4 interceptions while only commiting 2 turnovers.
    Next week, Texas plays host to another rival in Texas Tech.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well the Tigers Pull off the big win over Wisconsin
    It was the Tigers ability to convert on 3rd down and control the T.O.P. with a great ground game that made the difference. The Tigers D also stepped up big allowing -10 yards rushing and only 5 1st downs while forcing 3 turnovers. Robinson continues to impress despite the critics going for 119 and a score while Hawkins our read option QB vs Users had a nice game as well.. Putting us well over 200 yards on the ground for the day.. GG Glenn
    ScreenHunter_20 Dec. 03 19.42.jpg ScreenHunter_22 Dec. 03 19.43.jpg ScreenHunter_21 Dec. 03 19.43.jpg

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I would like to apologize to everyone for the outrageous stats I accrued with WR Adam Barrett in my replay of the match-up against Auburn, the cpu was being ridiculous with its deep balls completing damn near everyone of them in single and double coverage. I was able to break some big plays with Barrett and a couple of them came on times when I caught Auburn trying to jump the snap and I was losing most of the game and went with my best option through the air.

I will post a recap of the game tomorrow.

7. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Having the occasional big game isn't a problem to me. It's the continual game after game abuse of the CPU that I think most people don't want to see. Congrats on the W.

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Thanks, I agree with you, I just got caught up in trying to win and didn't realize he was going Megatron on Auburn until his stat line popped up on the screen.

• Like Like x 1