1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 8, 2016

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Two great user matchups this week that should play a major role in the national championship hunt.​
    Iowa vs. Penn State​
    #4 Texas vs. #5 Oklahoma
    #7 Notre Dame vs. Stanford​
    #9 Alabama vs. Florida​
    #25 Georgia Tech vs. Virginia Tech​
    User Game of the Week: #2 Auburn vs. #3 Wisconsin

2. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

The Iowa-Penn State game will be played tonight!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Iowa Wins 42-30
    Iowa beats Penn State in Happy Valley. Penn State would go up first with a 30 yard field goal. Penn State would score again with a 5 yard touchdown run. Iowa would answer with 2 Alex Hill passes to Aaron Sanders 82 yards and 48 yards to go up 14-10. In the 3rd quarter Hill and Sanders would connect again, this time a 10 yard touchdown. The Nitty Lions would answer back with a 8 yard touchdown. Hill wasnt done just yet. He would fine Greg Mabin this time for a 78 yard touchdown. Cameron Wilson would catch another Hill pass for 32 yards. Penn State would answer back with a 8 yard touchdown, but a failed 2 point. Darrell Robinson would score on a 1 yard touchdown run.​
    Offensive Player of the Game:
    Hil.jpg
    Alex Hill: 21/28 402 yards 5 td's
    Defensive Player of the Game:
    Fraser.jpg
    Kareem Fraser: 5 tackles​

4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

[​IMG]

Wild Shootout Ends in Texas Victory 42-28
    This year's edition of the Red River Rivalry saw quite the contest with plenty of fireworks. Congrats to fishdock on a great matchup. Texas saw OU go up 14-0 early on, but WR Terrence Dorsey answered the bell to keep Texas in it early when he caught a short pass, spun away from the coverage and raced for a 75-yard touchdown. Things were back and forth through the first half as the score was 21-21 at halftime. Momentum shifted in the third quarter when Texas SS J.J. Carlton took an interception back 70 yards for a touchdown. OU wouldn't just lay down though, as the Sooners put together a very nice drive which culminated in a 1-yard TD plunge from HB Alex Ross to move within 7 points. However, Dorsey once again came up big as he came up with a 50-yard TD with 2:25 left in the game. The difference in this one seemed to come down to the turnover differential, as the Horns 4 interceptions while only commiting 2 turnovers.
    Next week, Texas plays host to another rival in Texas Tech.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    HOOK 'EM!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well the Tigers Pull off the big win over Wisconsin
    It was the Tigers ability to convert on 3rd down and control the T.O.P. with a great ground game that made the difference. The Tigers D also stepped up big allowing -10 yards rushing and only 5 1st downs while forcing 3 turnovers. Robinson continues to impress despite the critics going for 119 and a score while Hawkins our read option QB vs Users had a nice game as well.. Putting us well over 200 yards on the ground for the day.. GG Glenn
    ScreenHunter_20 Dec. 03 19.42.jpg ScreenHunter_22 Dec. 03 19.43.jpg ScreenHunter_21 Dec. 03 19.43.jpg

6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I would like to apologize to everyone for the outrageous stats I accrued with WR Adam Barrett in my replay of the match-up against Auburn, the cpu was being ridiculous with its deep balls completing damn near everyone of them in single and double coverage. I was able to break some big plays with Barrett and a couple of them came on times when I caught Auburn trying to jump the snap and I was losing most of the game and went with my best option through the air.

I will post a recap of the game tomorrow.

7. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Having the occasional big game isn't a problem to me. It's the continual game after game abuse of the CPU that I think most people don't want to see. Congrats on the W.

8. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Thanks, I agree with you, I just got caught up in trying to win and didn't realize he was going Megatron on Auburn until his stat line popped up on the screen.

• Like Like x 1