Week 8 - Arkansas @ South Carolina

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Jan 28, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Week 8 - Arkansas @ South Carolina

With a ton of key recruits coming into Columbia for the week, I knew we'd have to show up big time for the #6 Razorbacks.

Arkansas started the game off up 3-0 on a short field goal and methodically marching the ball down the field.

Red shirt freshman QB Joe Taylor marched the Gamecocks down the field the drive following capping off with a short TD pass to Jarvis Giles. Was little worried for a second, as Taylor was taken out of the game for an injury, but red shirt senior Reid Mccollum was able to finish the drive with the dart to Giles.

Next possession was halted early with a David Reed interception. Immediately after the pick, the Old Ball Coach dialed up a playaction pass, and Taylor connected with Jeffrey for a 49 yard TD pass.

Youngblood scored on a QB draw deep in SC territory next and the remainder of the game was a defensive stalemate.

Field goals and an INT taken back for a TD by MLB Devonte Holloman were the only scoring.

My freshman kicker, Wesley, was player of the game for his perfect day kicking, but my vote would have been for Giles. Over 20 carries for nearly 100 yards, allowing for the Gamecocks to control the ball for over 18 minutes. In my opinion, ball control was the difference in the game.

Hats off to intsnotagame for another classic sim game.

Next is theiv and the hated Vols...

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Final score - South Carolina 30 Arkansas 10
    [​IMG]

The OBC was pleased with the overall performance...

3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Final score - South Carolina 30 Arkansas 10
    [​IMG]

The OBC was pleased with the overall performance...

4. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

sounds like a good one. glad South Carolina is off the schedule this year haha