Week 8 College Gameday

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by runthepound, Jul 30, 2010.

1. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

Week 8 College Gameday

[​IMG]
    Coral Gables, Florida
    October 8, 2010

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

[youtube]I_lIB1VEmVc[/youtube]

[​IMG]
    Alright guys. This is one of the special ones we have been waiting on all season. Easily one of the best match ups with #3 Miami hosting #5 North Carolina. I guess we have gotten use to the type of games in the SEC, but this is one heck of an ACC game today. This game will most likely decide which team ends up playing in the ACC Title game as well as having an inside shot at the National Title game. On the other hand, the loser of the game can only finish 2nd or 3rd best in the ACC and probably miss out on an chance at a BCS bowl game.

[​IMG]
    Coach Runthepound brings in his tough North Caorlina defense that is very hot right now, forcing turnovers and just knocking people around over the past few weeks. The Tar Heels really seem to be finding their stride on Defense as of late. They have been very stingy with giving up points to the opposition and have really allowed their offense to spend some quality time on the field in order to produce points. Today we will find out what that UNC defense is made of when they face off with a very talented and experienced Miami Offense. North Carolina has not faced a team with this kind of offensive fire power.
    [​IMG]
    But as much is made of the UNC defense, do not overlook the Canes D. Miami entered the season making statement after statement allowing only 56 points through 7 games, with 35 of those coming in the last 2 weeks. Miami has blanked 2 opponents this season and nearly shut out a very talented Ohio State team. Miami's offense is also one of the best in the nation. Led by QB Jacorry Harris, HB Graig Cooper, and WR's Leonard Hankerson and Travis Benjamin, the Canes have also put up plenty of points this season. I think tonight we are going to see which team can step it up in the big time game.

[​IMG]
    Chris there is alot of talent that will be displayed on the field tonight, but I think this game is going to come down to 2 things. Obviously which defense will make the big play or stop when needed, but also which QB can step up and make the reads and passes when his team needs him to. North Carolina has to find a way to defend both the pass and the run game of the Canes. As for the QB's, Both Jacorry Harris and TJ Yates started out the season on fire, but have since cooled off and have turned the ball over more in the past few weeks. This game will allow one of them the chance to get their name back out their as one of the better QB's in the country. Tonight is a prime time game and atmosphere and I cannot wait to watch and call this game. It should be a great one.

[​IMG]
    You know Kirk, you are right. There is talent everywhere on these 2 teams, including the Coaches. Coach Runthepound took over the coaching job at UNC this year after great success in the last version with FSU. Coach JCA had success of his own in the last version as well and decided to stay at Miami for another season. Although he has done great things at Miami, there is one thing he hasn't done and that is beat a team coached by Coach Runthepound. ***Crowd is booing*** Coach RTP is currently 3-0 against Miami and Coach JCA. ***Corwd continues booin*** He coached up his teams for the big games last year and only faultered 2 times in his 3 seasons at FSU. So Miami should not even suit up for this one right?...NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!! Coach RTP, you aint in Tallahassee no more. Coach JCA has the better team and is ready for the big game this year. Miami rolls in this one and wins by 10!

Miami rolls and continues their quest for the 2010 National Title
    [​IMG]
    Go Canes!!, Go Canes!!

[​IMG]
    Copyrighted by RTP

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

That game sucks!!! LoL

The one to watch is the Nebraska/Okla.State game!!!

Go Pokes!

3. runthepound

You aren't even ranked:violin:

but still, go Pokies!

4. Iron Mickey

I will be eventually!!!! Go Cowboys!!!

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Not after this game!!! ;)

Nah it's gna be a fun one for sure

6. Iron Mickey

Haha....I meant by the end of the season....(i hope...lol)

We'll see, IDK...the blackshirts are back in Lincoln

7. mizzourah2006

mizzourah2006 Walk On

Nice, I really like these college gamedays! Looks like there are quite a few big games in CoC this week!

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Great job RTP and good effort trying to jinx me with your prediction. 10-point win, I wouldn't dream of it! I see this one going down to the wire like our 3 previous games, all within 4 points I believe, except for the one in Tallahassee when I had the halftime lead and you crushed me in the second half, even so, I think that one was under 10 points. It's gonna be fun, unless I throw 4 picks, which is turning into the norm for me, lol.

9. runthepound

same here. first few weeks of the season my QB was one of the best in the league. Now after 7 weeks I have 18 TD's and 10 INT's

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I'm feeling a 10 combined turnover game coming on (y)

11. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

JCa has been dominating every game and really they are the more balanced and talented team atm, but rtp has way more to lose and that defense is a defense of destiny so i got nc winning by less than 7. Either Way the winner probally wont lose again till bowl season, as the Atlantic division wont challenge those two until atleast 2 years from now so this first season for nc is the most important.

Also Go pokes lol they need a break playing one of the hardest user vs user schedules.