Week 8 Content/Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by SodaAddict, Nov 15, 2010.

1. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Hey guys, week 7 didn't see a lot of participation.. what's up??

We had to sim one of the user games, and I don't know what happened there at all.
    Also, I had to sim mboda's game against Wake Forest, which they luckily won.
    And I am missing some user-game evaluations..

This doesn't go out to all of you, but I need to have some communication from you guys or else the league will start feeling dead again, and I don't see a reason why we should allow that to happen.

At least tell me what's up if you're going to have to miss a game or something.

All that being said, ctvolfan and MexiRican35, as of now you each have a strike for not communicating with me about concerns over the game not being played in time.

mboda, you also have been warned, the next time you miss a game, you will be on probation.

Let's please not let this happen again so I don't have to start really punishing teams. I don't want to do that.

2. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I think ct and mexirican tried to schedule it.. Sometimes in user games, maybe we should allow that 3rd day. sometimes, schedules conflict. as for mboda, I don't know man, I've seen him on live a couple of times over the weekend but he was always playing Black OPS. It will be interesting to see how many guys drop with the release of that game. I for one, don't play it.

3. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah lets get the evaluations in ladies!

4. SodaAddict

Yeah, I have no problem holding off on occasion on a user game but no one contacted me about it not getting played or that there was any potential for it not getting played. That's the problem.

5. AJ Hart MN

Oh yeah, I'll get mine in in the next day or so.. Got the mother in law in town this week so time is gonna be tight for the next 5 or 6 days. Should still have time to get games in right after work though. Tuesday is pretty open for me so I'll shoot to have that to you tomorrow night Soda.

6. AJ Hart MN

I understand you completely. It's starting to seem like there's gonna be a couple guys dropping soon. Hopefully i'm wrong but we'll see.

7. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

OU 31 KU 10

This game started as a defensive battle, neither team able to put together much of a drive until late in the 1st when KU would drive all the way to the OU 1 inch line. Going for it on 4th, KU opted not to run and the pass was picked off by K.Brent in the endzone. OU then put together a decent drive resulting in a FG and a 3-0 lead with 0:35 left in the 1st qtr. The defenses would both get stops until 3:06 in the half when D.Allen found K. Stills for a 14 yard catch and run TD to go up 10-0. KU would answer with a nice drive getting a FG as the half ended closing the game 10-3. The 3rd qtr was all OU. Opening with a drive for a TD, D. Allen to D. Miller, it was 17-3. The OU defense then got a 3 and out and the good field position set up a D. Allen to J. Reynolds 23 yard TD making it 24-3. Bad got worse for KU as a pass in the flat was ruled a fumble and OU got an easy recovery. One play later J. Calhoun ran 15 yards to paydirt and the route was on 31-3. In the 4th the 2nd teamers worked on chewing the clock...and did lose a little focus giving up a 75 yard TD on a K.Pick to K. Terry pass with 0:58 left in the game.

8. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I apologize for not making a greater effort of getting this game in. Will do my best to make sure that this does not happen again.

9. SodaAddict

Thank you, man.

10. BoSoxFan58

BoSoxFan58 Walk On

hey soda check the game scheduling thread I made for our game.

11. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Nebraska - 56
    Kansas State - 21

The Cornhusker defense was a force to be reckoned with today, as they held the Wildcats to a mere 135 yards of total offense. The defensive front 7 were in the Wildcat backfield all day, generating 5 sacks and 18 tackles for losses. A handful of Kansas State offensive players left the game with injuries. The hits were brutal. On the offensive side of the ball, Taylor Martinez accounted for 451 yards of total offense (passing + rushing) and Rex Burkhead had 122 yards and 1 TD. It was quite a show for Nebraska fans.

Stats:

T. Martinez 22/34 339 yards 2 TDs 1 INT; 10 rushing attempts 112 yards 3 TDs

R. Burkhead 24 att 122 yards 1 TD

K. Reed 6 catches 84 yards
    K. Griffin 5 catches 78 yards
    A. Bell 5 catches 79 yards 1 TD

B. Steinkuhler 2 sacks, 2 TFL

12. AJ Hart MN

Have you guys checked out the top 25?? It's pretty much all users except the Buckeyes at #2. Another odd thing is that Texas is like #7 with 2 losses and Bama is #11 with 1 loss and a win over Texas.. Pretty odd.

What's up with the recruiting reports?? Should I just start a thread here? If you can't tell, i'm pretty excited to unveil this fantastic class.

13. SodaAddict

Haha, well I was going to do a whole report of some kind, but I was aggravated at the lack of participation over the weekend so I didn't do it lol.

But, I will start a thread.

14. SodaAddict

Also, I am going out of town this weekend, leaving Friday morning, coming back Sunday night. So, if we stay on the same schedule, we would normally advance Saturday night. Thus, unless you guys want to wait until I get back Sunday to move up the week, I will need someone to take over for me for a game week.

Up to you guys on what you would prefer.

15. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Thats my bad. I thought we had more days on user games before we advanced. I should have contacted you about it.

16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Hey Soda, I have a huge report and an Aerodynamics exam tomorrow (today?) I probably wont get my game in until fairly close to the deadline. I'll post back here when I know what time I'll be able to get on and play it.

17. SodaAddict

It's alright. Thanks for the explanation. You guys each have the strike still, but it doesn't hurt you as long as you make your efforts to get your games in and the strike will go away at the end of the year.

It's cool, but if it ends up being like.. on the deadline or after by a few minutes, make SURE to let me know because I don't want to advance on you if you are playing or getting ready to play it.

18. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

The Texas Longhorns stroll through Lubbock, TX with a huge win, 41-19.

The game started off very slow for Texas, but a huge 24 point second quarter for the Longhorns led the charge for the rest of the way. QB Connor Wood had a great game picking up the slack for the lack of running game we had. His stat line was 21/33 for 329 yards and 2 td's. His best performance so far this season.

[​IMG]

19. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

The Tigers finally play a full 4 quarters and come away with a sound victory. QB Franklin had the big day, as he was 13-21 for 227 yards and 4 TDs and added 65 yards running, just in the first half. He was pulled in the second half as the score was already 37-7 by half and Coach Mexi didnt want to risk injury. HB Lawrence sealed the deal, as on a draw play he knifed through the middle of the D untouched for a 40 yard run. The Tiger D completely dominated the air raid offense of the Cowboys, as they racked up 4 sacks 2 picks and 1 fumble. Next up is a huge game against Nebraska, which will likely determine who wins the Big 12 North.

Mizzou 54 - Oklahoma St 7

20. AJ Hart MN

Florida vs Georgia (In Jacksonville)
    Florida and Georgia collided in the annual World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville.​
    The #1 ranked Gators came into Jacksonville with one thing in mind.. Don't mess around and take care of business. Well they did so in dominating fashion. The Gators opened the scoring with a Lance West to Omarius Hines 4yd strike and were going in for another score when Mack Brown fumbled and Bulldog Shawn Williams picked up the ball and raced in for a 92yd TD. Some might have thought that was what the Bulldogs needed to stay in this game. The Gator's had different ideas. They completely crushed the Bulldog's hopes on the very next offensive play. West hit a streaking Andre Dubose who burned the press coverage for a 78yd TD catch and the Gators never looked back. When all was said and done in the half, the Gators would add 3 more TD's to go into the break leading 35-7.​
    The second half would see the Gators call off the dog's. They would add a Mike Gillislee 4yd run and a Randy Dorsey 30yd FG to end the scoring. Final in Jacksonville, Florida 45 - Georgia 7.​
    This might have been the most dominating performance yet for this determined Gator squad. The Defense was relentless and the offense led by freshman Lance West was unstoppable. West finished the day 15-17 for 277yds and 2TD's. The running game finally seemed like it was clicking also. If that's the case, this offense will surely be unstoppable to stop.​
    Up next for the Gators is a visit from Auburn.​
    Scoring Summary
    First Quarter
    02:51TDFloridaOmarius Hines WR #82 4 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    01:13TDGeorgiaShawn Williams SS #36 92 yard fumble
    00:58TDFloridaAndre Debose WR #4 78 yard pass from Lance West QB #19
    00:52TDFloridaJelani Jenkins ROLB #43 20 yard fumble
    Second Quarter
    04:08TDFloridaMack Brown HB #33 9 yard rush
    00:14TDFloridaLarry Archie FB #18 4 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    04:54FGFloridaRandy Dorsey K #1 30 yard field goal
    00:58TDFloridaMike Gillislee HB #23 4 yard rush

21. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm gonna get on and play my game now.

22. SodaAddict

Wellp, make a huge comeback on BoSox to give myself a chance to tie to send the game to OT and the damn kick meter tells me that I went to the left. Another close loss for me. I'm making a habit of it every year.

23. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Bama continues their SEC winning ways as they knock off the Vols, Coach Designs said in the presser that "We still have huge room for improvement in the defensive category."

24. AJ Hart MN

Could Bama and the Gators be on a collision course in the SEC championship?? I hope so. Trent Richardson will go down, and go down hard!

25. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Are you guaranteeing a conference championship AJ?