Week 8: Dolphins(3) @ Steelers(36)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Week 8: Dolphins(3) @ Steelers(36)

Steelers Defense - Resurrection of the STEEL CURTAIN.

For the second straight week, the Pittsburgh defense outscores their opposing offense. Still riding the high from their Week 6 division win, the Steelers put on an even better encore performance vs a tough Dolphins squad.

The first quarter was dominated by defense. Steelers kicker Jeff Reed breaks the scoring drought with a 20-yd FG after a great goal line stand by a solid Dolphins defense. Not long after, Steelers new aquired Pro Bowl Punter Sahne Lechler drops a beautiful punt inside the Miami 5-yd line. On the next play LB James Harrison sacked Phins QB Chad Henne for the safety.

1st Qtr.
    Steelers-5
    Phins-0

The 2nd qtr is again all defense as both QBs struggled in getting their respective offenses in rythym.
    Steelers QB Kerry Collins hits HB Larry Johnson for a 5-yd TD pass. The pass fluttered out of Collins' hand as he was hit releasing the ball.
    The Dolphins recieve the kickoff and quickly move down the field and a Dan Carpenter 36-yd FG gets the Dolphins on the board as the final seconds of the 1st half tick off the clock.

Halftime
    Steelers-12
    Phins-3

The 3rd quarter was all Black & Yellow. A 1-yd TD run by Larry Johnson, an across-the-body 19-yd TD pass from Collins to WR Santonio Holmes & a 31-yd Jeff Reed FG cap the 3rd qtr. scoring. The Steelers front-7 were in Henne's face most of this quarter,eventually causing Henne to sit out for a short period due to injury. In relief,back-up QB Pat White threw two Ints. on his only 2 pass attempts.

3rd qtr.
    Steelers-29
    Phins-3

The 4th qtr. again was highlighted by the Steelers-D.In his first significant playing time since being drafted with the #24 overall selection, Steelers rookie DE Jackson Hailes made the most of his chance. Hailes tallies 3 sacks in this quarter as he used his lightning quick speed and acceleration to blow by the Phins right tackle. Steelers eventually notched 7 sacks for the game.
    Pittsburgh LB James Farrior caps the games scoring with an 11-yd Int. TD return of a Henne pass.

Final
    Steelers-36
    Phins-3

GG TRUDETHADUDE,

My defense has been absolutely relentless the last two weeks and I am finally learning my personnel and the ins and outs of running the 3-4.
    Turning point in this game was a pick-6 by a Phins DB that was called back for clipping. After that it seemed nothing went right and everything went wrong for you.

Good luck the rest of the year...(y)

Stats

Steelers
    QB Kerry Collins-14/19, 162yds, 2TDs, 1Int.
    WR Santonio Holmes-7rec, 98yds, 1TD
    DE Jackson Hailes-3 sacks
    LB James Harrison-2 sacks, 4tkls
    Steelers run game-37car, 160yds, 1TD

Dolphins
    QB Chad Henne-8/13. 129yds, 1Int
    WR Matt Jones-2rec, 53yds
    CB Sean Smith-1Int, 3tkls
    Phins running game-13car, 51yds

MVP

LB James Harrison
    2 Sacks-1 for Safety
    4 Tackles

2. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

gg ma. i just havent gotten anything going for 2 straight weeks now. i honestly feel sorry for my next opponent.