Week 8 Game of the week *GA 21 Ole Miss 24*

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shino45, Aug 20, 2010.

?

Who win's the game of the Week?

1. Georgia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ole Miss

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

Week 8 Game of the week *GA 21 Ole Miss 24*

Starting this week we will Spotlight the game of the week.

Though it is not a match-up of top 25 Teams this weeks game of the week features the University of Georgia 4-3 (4-1) going on the road to face Ole Miss 4-3 (3-1). The winner of this game will control their own destiny in the SEC east and will face a probable match-up vs Arkansas in the SEC championship game.

Ole Miss comes into this game on a two game winning streak and with the #8 ranked pass offense in the game lead by Masoli at QB. On the Season Masoli has thrown 1588 yards 14 TD-8 INT with a 56% completion rate. He's also added two touchdowns on the ground.

Georgia also comes into the game with a two game winning streak. Georgia's offense has not been lighting up the nation, but is lead by King who is averaging 6.3 yards per carry with 8 TD's.

Georgia's defense is ranked #8 against the run, but that will not help against the high power offense of Ole Miss.

Corso and Herbstreit have both picked Ole Miss to win the game at home... Who do you have this week?

2. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

I think the passing attack from Ole Miss might be the difference in this one based on my personal experience playing against Georgia with my Terps. The key to my comeback was being able to find holes in the secondary with my mediocre passing attack. If Georgia tightens up the passing defense though, Ole Miss could be in for a long game because that Bulldog run D is no joke as that #8 ranking would indicate.

3. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

[​IMG]

Both teams came in to this game with a lot on the line and played hard until the final buzzer, unfortunately for Georgia they ended up on the losing side of this great battle.

The first half of the game was very uneventful. Georgia came out of the gates moving the ball well, but continued to struggle with their redzone offense having to settle for a 24 yard field goal on the opening drive. For the next quarter and half both teams traded possessions not scoring any points. Georgia suffered a major setback early in the half as starting quarter back Aaron Murray injured his hips on an injury that will keep him out for at least two weeks. Junior Logan Gray entered the game with no composure, nor confidence from the coaching staff. Time outs had to be wasted early as the Gray could not make audible or adjustments at the line. However he stepped in and moved the ball better than expected and lead the bulldogs on a drive at the end of the half where they settled for a 22 yard field goal as time expired before the half to take a 6-0 lead. Georgia would later regret having to settle for field goals earlier in the game.

The second half was much different than the first and field with a lot of offense. Ole Miss made adjustments to their offense and came out on fire. The running game was not working so they committed to Masoli and the passing game. In the 3rd quarter Ole Miss moved the ball up and down the field with ease putting together two touchdown drives to take a 14-6 lead heading into the 4th quarter.

With their backs against the wall and seeing the game slip away Georgia’s offense marched down the field on an important drive. Then on a 4th and two in enemy territory the coaching staff made the decision to go for it. On a fake fb dive Gray pitched the ball out to King who went 21 yards to the endzone. Down by two the coaching staff went for the two point conversion. The coaching staff once again gave the ball to King but this time he was stood up short of the goaline, however, instead of going down King threw the ole miss defender off of him and powered into the endzone to tie the game on the conversion. But Ole Miss offense was to good and was unstoppable on 3rd down converting 8 of 10 on third down. With one minute left in the game Ole Miss was in scoring position to easily win the game. Georgia coaches with only one timeout to work with informed the defensive players to let them score as quickly as possible, and that’s what Ole Miss did scoring a TD to take a 7 point lead with exactly 1 minute left. Then AJ Green struck making an amazing play on the kickoff return going 96 yards to tie the game back up at 21. But Georgia would prove to have scored to fast by leaving 46 seconds left on the clock. Masoli would march his team down the field kick game winning 32 yard field goal as time expired.

Ole Miss is now in the driver seat of the SEC East, and Georgia will have to find away to rebound from another last minute heartbreaking loss. Georgia will have to depend on King and the running game a lot the next few weeks as Murray will be out at minimum for next week's game versus Florida.

STATS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Great write-up and great game Shino. I didn't realize just how bad I was on the ground. I couldn't get anything going what so ever. Looking forward to playing again.