Week 8 game of the week (SPECIAL EDITION)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by killajo90405, Dec 12, 2009.

1. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Week 8 game of the week (SPECIAL EDITION)

2011 week 8

Several games deserve attention this week. I'll consider this more of a pregame show as I'll hit the major points in the important contest

#10 Georgia vs #1 Florida (game in neutral site)

Big test here for Georgia. They've yet to beat any team of importance this season yet are the defending national champs.

Offense - #6 in total offense, top thirteen in Pass and Rush offense.
    Defense - To put it simply, they have stunk it up. Sitting at the bottom end of most defensive categories they also have an unimpressive TO ratio.

WOW. Haters are speechless as the Gators have been on a tear. 4 straight user victories in a row....With a win here only FSU could possibly stop this team from going undefeated.

Offense - The best big play team in the country. The lack of a consistent running game has not been an issue as Brantely has been on fire.

Defense - Great rush Defense. But the most telling stat is the +8 TO ratio.

Florida should run away with this one.

#3 Clemson vs #6 VT

Somehow the Tigers are quietly the #1 offense in the country.
    Offense - They have climbed the rankings while scoring 53.8 ppg. RB Jaimie Harper already has 1160 yds and 10 TDs. Willy Korn has hooked up with WR Bryce McNeal for 7 Tds.
    Defense - DT Brandon Thompson has 30TKLS and 5 sacks. This defense compliments the offense, they are exceptional at forcing TO's. They have 17 takeaways.

VT is fresh off a loss to Florida. However this team is no offensive slouch as Ju Ju Taylor looks to rebound. VT will likely look to control TOP and limit Clemsons offensive opportunities.
    Defense - VT has an underrated rush D. If they slow Harper this one could go their way, but they can't afford to get into a shootout like they did in the victory over UNC.

I think Clemson will win this ACC showdown if they can score off a TO in the first half. If not VT controls the clock and it's a close one

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I like the vote of confidence for the Gators. However, there's no way we're letting that go to our heads and sleeping on the Bulldawgs. We took this game lightly last year and the outcome wasn't good.

I'm going with VaTech in the ACC. I haven't seen Clemson on the gridiron yet, but I don't think Hokie losses two in a row. His team is talented and it's in Blacksburg. VT struggled against the Gators but that was due to speed and the spread. Clemson runs a more conventional offense that I think VaTech will be better equipped to stop.

3. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Were getting into all the user games now
    this should be fun