Week 8: Panthers (38) @ Rams (7)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Week 8: Panthers (38) @ Rams (7)

[​IMG]
    Panthers win 3 in a row, Beat Rams.

Charlotte, NC- Pepper Hicks Reporting

The Panthers came into the Edward Jones Dome looking to win 3 in a row. To do that they would have to beat the 5-1 Rams. The Panthers won the toss and elected to receive and after coming up huge on 2 3rd down and longs, the Panthers eventually punched it in from 6 yards out via DeAngelo Williams. The Panthers then forced the Rams to Punt and once again started to drive down the field. Before they could reach the RedZone, DeAngelo fumbled the ball and the Rams got it back.

With the ball back Rams again were not able to move the ball. Bradford had Wr's open but just couldn't hit them, it would be a rough game for Bradford who just didn't seem himself. Once again Rams punt and with a great bounce the Rams put the Panthers on their own 1/2 yard line. Then first play from scrimmage DeAngelo took a HB dive broke 1 tackle and took it 99 yards for the TD. Panthers again force a Rams punt and take advantage moving the ball down the field, when Matt Moore hit Steve Smith over the middle for a 14 yard TD. The Panthers would add 1 more TD in the 2nd Quarter when Jonathan Stewart rambled his way in from 4 yards out. After scoring 21 in the 2nd Quarter the Panthers led 28 to 0 at the Half.

With the start of the 2nd half the Rams offense started to show signs of life. Moving the ball a bit better then in the first half. The Rams took up a huge portion of the 3rd Quarter with a long drive that ended up with them finally getting on the board thanks to a 3 yard TD from Bradford to D.Fells. Panthers answered right back on a 3rd down pass play that Matt Moore put on the money to Steve Smith who then was gone for a 60 yard TD.

The 4th Quarter saw very little scoring. The Panthers shut down the Rams offense and the Panthers just kept moving the ball on the ground wasting time. Panther eventually added a 45 yard FG and went on to win 38 to 7.

The Panthers now (5-2) will travel back home and have a chance to take first place in the NFC South when they face the (6-2) Saints. Notable stats from the game, Charles Johnson who had missed the last 6 games was back from injury and his presence was made loud and clear, as he racked up 3 sacks. DeAngelo finished the the game up with 164 yards and 2 TDs. Steve Smith had 3 recs for 95 yards and 2 Td's and Matt Moore looked good going 9/11 199 yards and 2 TDs.

Good Game Bruce. Madden most have something against you, I couldn't believe all the bad things that kept on happening to you.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

OMG!!!

Comeback Owner of the Year!! = CLAVEN!!!

3. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Never felt like we were in this game at all, cause we werent.

GG Claven you put the boots to us medium style.

We have a bye week to try and get it right.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wow. Didn't see this coming. Care to give me any pointers Claven?

Nice job and I hope I don't play you this year cause I'd be in for a butt whooping.

Good to see a former NFC South foe of mine doing well though. Kudos!

(y)

5. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Good shit Claven. You inspire me!