Week 8: Panthers 66 @ Cardinals 21

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Claven, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 8: Panthers 66 @ Cardinals 21

Panthers pluck the Cardinals

1st Quarter: After 2 offensive plays the Panthers grab a 14-0 lead, thanks to a 61yard and then a 83yard TD run by D.Williams. The Cards answered back moving the ball down the field with great playcalling setting up a 2yard TD from K.Warner to D.Kreider. The Panthers then did the same moving the ball down the field just running it down the cards throats. Then the playaction came and J.Delhomme found S.Smith over the middle who then took it to the house for a 44 yard TD. (21 - 7)

2nd Quarter: The Panthers score first in the 2nd quarter but had to settle for a 19 yard field goal thanks to a great Redzone Cardinal defense. The Cards then drove down the field and added a 4 yard TD run by T. Hightower. The Panthers werent done, D.Williams added his 3rd TD of the day on a 4 yard run followed by C.Gambles' pick for 6 right before the half. Half time score (38 - 14)

3rd Quarter: This quarter was all Panthers. Panther put up 2 more Td's. A 16 yard M. Muhammad catch from Delhomme early in the quarter, then a 1 yard TD run by D.Williams (his 4th) near the end of the quarter. (52 - 14)

4th Quarter: Kurt Warner hooked up with Nate Burleson for a 23yard TD strike to start the 4th, but Panthers kept rolling. J.McCown took over for Delhomme and D.Williams sat out too letting M.Goodson get some carries. McCown didn't waste anytime hitting J.King in the flat who broke a tackle and rumbled 50 yards to paydirt. Then right after that C.Gamble got his 3rd Int which he thought about scoring but then ran out of bounds at the 8 yard line. With just under 5 minutes left the Panther just ran up the middle twice breaking the endzone and extending their lead to (66 - 21)
    That was the final.

New Cards coach played a good game. A couple of blown Defensive plays he had hurt him but he is new to this online play. He put together some nice drives. Give him time he can be a threat in the OMFL. GG RCF33. Again I'm sorry about scoring the last TD there was alot of time left so I just ran u the middle. In retrospect I should of just took a knee then kicked a FG or something but at the sametime I didn't want to drain the clock on you if you wanted to get some offensive practice in. So sorry, hope you didn't feel like I was running the score up on you, that wasn't my intention. Glad to have you in the OMFL.