Week 8 POTW

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by rushers24, Dec 18, 2010.

1. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

With week 8 done we are officially half way through are second season. Some teams are taking over their divisions, while others are fighting to stay in theirs. The AFC South is certainly heating up, and the AFC North appears to be a good division that should have a good finish. The NFC does not appear to be as strong as the AFC this season. Does that mean a AFC team will win it all this season? The most interesting division is the AFC West. This is our only division that has all user controlled teams. With such a tough division and at 1 - 6, the Chargers are playing for pride at this point. But don't sleep on them, the Chargers are still a dangerous team. With their new owner the Raaaaiiders are on a winning streak and are looking to take over the division. They will have to catch the 6 - 1 Chiefs however. But don't count out Denver. Sitting at 4 - 3, they are still in the thick of things.

Player of the Week

Ronnie Brown -- This marked Ronnie's first POTW award. He lead the Dolphins rushing attack Sunday in a 27 to 24 victory over the Bills. Ronnie Brown had a slow first half, but turned in on in the 2nd half and gave the Bills fits and ended up rushing for 136 yards and 2 TD's. Congrats to @stryder24.

Runner up -- Terrence Newman: This DB is certainly having a great season so far. A early injury to Orlando Scandrick on a special teams play at the beginning of the season gave Newman a chance at returning kicks. In this game Newman had 2 kick returns for TD's while also having a INT on defense.

Bust of the Week

Javid Best/Jermaine Baker -- The Lions had a total of 13 yards rushing, with Best recording all 13 yards off 4 attempts. The rookie Baker didn't even have a carry. Talk about being one dimensional. Stafford went on to throw 2 INT's and the Lions lost 44 to 31 to the Falcons.

POTW Winners

Week 1 -- Matt Ryan
    Week 2 -- Felix Jones
    Week 3 -- Ted Ginn Jr.
    Week 4 -- Roscoe Magic/Felix Jones
    Week 5 -- Jamaal Charles
    Week 6 -- Randy Moss
    Week 7 -- Felix Jones
    Week 8 -- Ronnie Brown

2. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

I think Keller might contend that Brandon Marshall was player of the week:),

3. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Yeah he told me about that final drive you had to win the game. I gotta play you later this season, so I'm def not looking forward to facing Marshall. The guy is stud. I actually drafted him this year for my fantasy team. What a disappointment that was. I don't understand how you can have one of the top receivers in the game and not get him the ball and take shots down field with him, especially in the red zone. It was pretty frustrating watching a couple of his games this year and I eventually ended up trading him. Maybe next year he will be more involved, but he won't be on my team lol.

4. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Blame our o.c. he is awful