Week 8 Quick Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Masler, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

Week 8 Quick Summaries

Post them here.

2. Mississippi State simply could not compete with Florida's effort. Anthony Dixon and Arnil Stallworth each had 2 rushing touchdowns, but QB's Chris Relf and Tyson Lee combined to go 9 of 24 and 2 picks.
    The MSU defense was unable to stop Tim Tebow, who threw for 263 yards and 3 TD's and also ran for 53 yards and 2 TD's.

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iIlc8kZ9bqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iIlc8kZ9bqE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

4. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

USF loses to computer cheating Pittsburgh 31-24. Pittsburgh QB Stull and WR Baldwin were unstoppable. Freshman HB Lewis showed only 5 broken tackles but had at least a dozen. Pittsburgh passes were going right threw Bull defeneders and Bull WR couldn't catch a cold with sure catch on. Thank you computer for playing so fair this game.

5. wader49

wader49 Walk On

Indiana gets outplayed all game long by Northwestern.

Indiana's offense couldn't do anything against the wildcat defense. The only reason the game was 24-7 was the defense actually held tough against a highpowered offense. Story of the game was the offense not being able to move the ball. Hoosiers only had 141 yards of offense.

6. billyd1esel

billyd1esel Walk On

Vandy 17
    South Carolina 14

Tough game all the way through, good ole SEC defensive clash. Vandy jumped up 10 - 0 to start the game, as it looked as if the option was unstoppable. Then the Gamecocks scored 14 unanswered and led going into the 4th qtr. Vandy QB Larry Smith, drove Vandy downfield on a 12 play drive to get the go ahead TD and the D stepped up, forcing a 3 and out, winning the game!

7. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Texas A&M 24
    Texas Tech 8

The Texas A&M Aggies got their first Big XII win with an upset of the #20 Texas Tech Red Raiders in Lubbock. The Aggie defense held the high powered Tech offense to less than 300 total yards and only 8 points. Leading the way was Sr. CB Justin McQueen who had 8 tackles and a pass defensed. True frosh CB Dustin Harris and Sr. Safety Jordan Pugh also came up with interceptions at key points.

Offensively, the Ags were paced by freshmen Christine Michael (93 total yards) and Uzoma Nwachuku who had 60 receiving yards and a touchdown. Jr. QB Jerrod Johnson completed 17 of 21 passes for 238 yards and 2 tds, but did also throw 3 interceptions.

The 3-3 Aggies return home next week to face the Iowa State Cyclones.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

computer cheats me alot..

9. mcGriffLe

mcGriffLe Walk On

Yes me too but this one was really really bad and probably cost me the game. O well, theres always next week.

10. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Its ok wader, I got murdered by northwestern this year. I was losing by 30 at one point in the game

11. wader49

wader49 Walk On

haha yeah, im not a big fan of a spread offense either, cant seem to run the ball out of it. Gonna have to get the right guys in for my system. But yeah Kafka can sling it around

12. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

You can not run the ball out of spread because the Computer cheats 90% of the time. Watch the formation they pick if you call a run or a pass. If you check down to a run, you will run just fine against the computer. You just can not run out of 4 wide when the computer picks a 4-3 Def.

This issue seems to be alot more common on heisman difficulty.

You can either be so effective passing the ball that the defense will put the extra DBs on the field, Run from a formation with enough blocking to go against a 4-3, or occasionally check down to a run after picking a passing play and the def is completely sold out to stop the pass.

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

OSU 34
    USC 10

Canfield: 19/34 257 yards, td, 2 int
    Q. Rogers: 23 att, 89 yards, 2 td
    D. Adeniji: 8 rec 123 yards, td

C. Collins 10 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 INT, 99 yard TD return

Desipite being out gained on offense the beaves beat USC by virtue of key big plays including a 99 yard TD return by Collins to remove all doubt in the 4th quarter.

14. Masler

Masler Moderator

I would never underestimate USC...EVER...I'm in a shits and giggles dynasty using Oregon, Heisman difficulty and some of the damn hardest sliders I've ever played on. With 1:30 left in the 4th I was up 38-21. USC then proceeds to score, recover the onside, score, recover the onside, and score. I then failed to complete a pass I'm certain would have been the game winning TD. I was furious...took all my chances for winning the Pac 10.

15. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

Thanks for the tip!

16. Masler

Masler Moderator

i've noticed that if you even run the ball twice in a row against the CPU you are almost guaranteed a 1st down or more with PA pass. it's always been like that, but even on Heisman, they are sold on stopping the run when it should be so obvious it's a pass.