Week 8: Raiders WIN another divisional Match-up

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by Miki1369, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

The Raiders came into Arrow Head stadium 3-3 on the season and looking at this game as a must win game if they wanted to have any chance of making the playoffs this season. It took overtime and a great defensive game, along with a stellar performance by QB Drew Brees but they were able to pull it off...

Quarter 1:

Raiders win the toss and elect to kickoff and play some defense, well they did not do much of that as a KC drove down the filed at will converting 3rd down after 3rd down, and on 2nd an goal from the 2 yard line RB Charles put the Chiefs up 7-0 with 2:42 left on the clock. That would be the only scoring we will see on the first quarter.

Quarter 2:

The Raiders were able to drive down the field, but felt short of the end zone after a being inside the 5 yard line they had to settle for a 27 yard FG with 6:30 left in the quarter, "They stuffed our running game all day and that forced us to put the ball in the air a bit more than usual" said coach miki after the game.

Drew threw the ball 53 times on this one (a season high for him). The Raiders were only able to run for 33 yards all game, which is their lowest total of the season.

The defense finally showed up for the Raiders as they were able to hold the Chiefs offense to a 46 yard FG, that gave the Chiefs a 10-3 lead with just over 3:29 remaining in the half. The Raider put a drive together and were in the red zone with under a minute left, and that's when Brees made the only mistake of the day, He threw an INT that cost the Raiders at least 3 points. "I was trying to hit Marshall over the middle on a slant, but i lost sight of the MLB who was in zone coverage and jumped the route" said Brees after the game.

HALF TIME : Raiders 3 vs KC 10

Quarter 3:

The Raiders took the opening drive of the second half down the field and Brees found rookie TE Preston for a 45 yard TD to even the scores at 10, not to be out done Rivers found WR Ronald on a 15 yard TD score to re-take the lead 17-10 with 2:24 left in the 3rd after a couple of 3 and outs by both teams we headed to the 4th quarter...

Quarter 4:

Oakland again drove down the field and had to settle for another FG by Kicker Gano with 6:40 left. The defense for the Raiders made some plays and forced their 2nd 3 and out of the game and Brees found "The Beast" (who had an average game on this one) for a 27 yard score to put the Raiders ahead 20-17. That lead did not last long as Rivers would find TE Massello on a corner route with a pass that barely got over the SS Branch for a 51 yard score with 2:34 left in the game to take the lead 24-20.

The Raiders got the ball back and were feeling confident they could score and win the game, but KC had another plan, with 4th down and 7 and 2:20 left on the game coach Miki had a decision to make, do we go for it on our own 23 yard line or punt if away and with 3 timeouts hope we could stop them and get the ball back? Well they punted it away, but gave great field position to the Chiefs...

Now its when it got interested after a couple of runs and 2 timeouts the Chiefs had a 3rd and 2 at the Raiders 33 yard line with 2:05 left, "I figured they were going to try and pick up the 1st down on the air, but instead they tried to run it for the 3rd str8 time and our defense came up huge and stopped them short of the 1st and forced them to kick a 51 yard FG. which was good to make it 27-20 Chiefs...

With Over 1:50 left and one time out the Raider drove down the field and were able to tie the game with just over 8 ticks left on a flare route my McFadden.

Over Time

In OT the Raiders forced another 3 and out their 4th of the game and after a few of passes and runs Gano kicked a 46 yarder for the WIN...

Great game Javy, as always it was a fun one, at least i did not break any walls with the controller this time.

Raiders - 30
    Chiefs - 27

Player of the GAME

"THE BEAST" had 8 Catches for 98 yards and a score
    QB Brees Threw for 441 yards with 3 TDs and 1 INT

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Nicknames are cute and all, but you could throw his name in there once ;)

Just messing with you Miki, nice win and recap!

3. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Miki1369

Nice win against your friend and rival Mike! Just be careful with your use of Brees and Bey. I'm not calling you out, nor am I scolding you as we all know crazy games occur from time to time. I just want transparency here so that everyone knows where we stand on things. Understanding the circumstances of this game, it is plausible that the stats you produced would occur. Just be careful moving forward. I understand that you want to have the ball in the hands of your superstars when the game is on the line; particularly in OT. We just don't want this to be a reoccurring theme with 53 attempts by Brees and 8+ catches by Bey. Again, I understand those may be inflated due to the extra period. As long as you are mixing it up and spreading the ball around you are fine; which I can tell you are by the other receivers who had catches in the game. Again, I don't want to take away from your win nor do I want this to negatively effect your play moving forward. Just be cognizant of your play calling if you aren't already. Sounds like it was a great OT game!

5. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

CHUNKNESS

Doug, just wanted to throw some stats out there, so i could easy ur mind as well as who ever may think im not mixing it up.

On this game i only ran the ball 14 times (a season low), 13 with McFadden and 1 with my FB, the reason i only ran it these many times cuz Javy was stopping the run, to the point that i only gained 33 yards the whole game. Should i just kept running it just for the sake of mixing it up? well maybe, but i felt that even though i had a season high 53 throwing atts i mixed it up to the point that i hit 9 different guys with the 34 completions, here is a breakdown:

TE - Preston - 8 Catch for 128 yards 1 TD
    WR - Bey - 8 Catches for 98 yards 1 TD
    WR - Marshall - 6 Catches for 60 yards 0 TD
    HB - McFadden - 5 Catches for 62 yards 1 TD
    WR - Welker - 3 Catches for 65 yards 0 TD
    WR - Reginal - 1 Catch for 5 yards 0 TD
    WR - Bowers - 1 Catch for 10 yards 0 TD
    FB - Reese - 1 Catch for 4 yards 0 TD
    TE - Hustin - 1 Catch for 9 yards 0 TD

If that is not mixing it up, then i don't know what is, also in OT Bey did not catch a pass... it was all Marshall and the TE.

Further more, here are some season stats of my running and passing game:

McFadden is 3rd in the league in rushing ATTS with a total of 131 only behind MDJ 139 and Foster 132, so as u can see im trying to run as much as anyone on this league

Now if we look at my receivers season numbers, yes im throwing to Bey a bit more than everyone else but yet it still only 12 catches away from the 2nd guy:

WR - Bey - 50 Catches for 1102 yards 9 TDs
    TE - Preston - 38 Catch for 550 yards 4 TDs
    WR - Marshall - 28 Catches for 410 yards 2 TDs
    HB - McFadden - 16 Catches for 107 yards 1 TD
    WR - Welker - 11 Catches for 178 yards 1 TD

Now to the most important point, if anyone who has played me thinks that im not mixing it up, or that im exploiting something or that im making their game experience against me an unpleasant one... then please let me know ASAP, that way i could make the necessary adjustments.

Please note, that im here to have fun win or lose... and if yall have been keeping track the last few season, then u would know that i have done a lot more losing than winning on this league, and i have never complained about anyone's game.

Again, just want to keep it as transparent as possible to avoid any problems in the future...

Signing out
    Mike

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CHUNKNESS

Mike, I know you meant well with your reply, but you aren't helping your cause. My post commended you for spreading the ball around to other receivers, but it was also to point out that you tossed the ball 53 times. I had already given you the benefit of the doubt indicating the stat results could have been dictated by the game. However, to be frank, after reading your reasoning the stat results were ludicrous. You gave up on the run, plain and simple. Yes, you should continue to plug away at the run no matter how unsuccessful you think it may be. A 20/80 run to pass ratio is not cool for league play. If we wanted to see that, we would be playing elsewhere. Not only that, but if DHB had all 8 of his catches in the regular periods, then his stats weren't inflated due to the OT period. The purpose of my post was to bring it to your attn so that you could make the necessary adjustments while still keeping the ball in the hands of your play makers.

I'm going to put the shoe on the other foot.... All other stats aside; would you have felt that it was cool if I passed the ball 80% of the time against you? Do you think there is any NFL team out there that would pass the ball that percentage of the game? I don't think so. If you do think that's cool, then we may have to discuss it further. Hit me up if you would like to chat some more about it.

7. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Doug, so to get this str8 are u saying that im no mixing it up or that my game is not sim play?

Now to answer ur question, no i would not like a team throwing the ball that % of the time against me, however, i have played guys that have ran the ball close to 80% of the time against me, is that okay? In addition, i threw it to 9 different guys, and if a guy plays against me and throws it that many times, but spreads it around i would be cool with it. I wont be cool if he is running the same plays and throwing to the same guy all game, which i honestly did not.

Also, just to clarify, i did run the ball all the way to the end of the game, i just did not run it with the same frequency i usually do on all of my games. Like i said before im 3rd in the league on rushing attns... that indicates something or no?

I feel that nothing good is going to come out of this discussion by going back and forth, what is it that i need to do to make sure i play sim ball in ur eyes and everyone else, not throw to Bey then i wont, run the ball more than i do then i will... it does not matter to me, i have lost way more games than i have won on this league, and im still here. That should give u and indication that wining at all cause its not what i do.

My Game against Javy was a hell of a game, i felt like it was a chess match all the way through. Did i wanted to throw it that many times hell no, but it turn out that way, but i guarantee you that he never felt like i was exploiting something or making his game experience a bad one, and u can ask him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

I want to congratulate Miki on his victory. I have no complaints I lost fair and square. I understand both point of view and i respect it. Not to come to his defense but the game played out that he had to throw 53 times but I understand what Doug is saying. At least on my end I have no complaints. I blew the game by by calls and bad time management. Hopefully that would clarify everything.

• Like Like x 3
  9. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

I just wanted to chime in if I may.

Miki1369, I don't think Doug's intention was to call you out or question your play style as unsim, I thought he made that clear. I read it as a courtesy to let you know that, while games like yours may happen from time to time, they must definitely be the exception. While we have all had crazy games where the flow of the game just dictates certain things, we must be careful not to fall into patterns that wouldn't fit within our rule set here in 12th Man. Nobody is accusing you of not playing sim here, it was just one of those statistical games that jumps out.

We've been striving for transparency when it comes to things like the rules and gameplay, and we are trying to be proactive in pointing out things that could become a problem if they become repetitive. I personally would much rather give (or even get) a friendly reminder that something could be a problem if it becomes repetitive, rather than have that be put off until it is a problem and warnings or other discipline has to occur. Again, that's not to say that your play was unsim or that we anticipated you throwing 80% of the time moving forward. It was simply meant as a courtesy to bring your attention to the fact that it could be a problem if you did.

You guys had a great game and you had a great victory Miki, that is for sure. Your season numbers, as you quoted, indicate you have been mixing it up well and that's what we like to see. If this game goes down as an aberration that was dictated by game conditions, then there is no problem. Relax, enjoy your win, and keep striving for that AFC West title.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

11. CHUNKNESS

Thank you Jim.

Miki1369

Mike, Jim's response reflects my sentiments exactly. I won't get into it any further as I don't think it is necessary. If you have any concerns, though, please don't hesitate to bring them to our attn.