Week 8: Rams 30 Seahawks 16

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bluebean, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

Oct 8, 2009
    Week 8: Rams 30 Seahawks 16

The St. Louis Rams extend their winning streak to 3 games as they hold off a very competitive Seattle Seahawks team by a score of 30-16. The Rams paid a price in this game as they lost RB Steven Jackson for 2 weeks due to a dislocated elbow. It's not a very good time to lose your franchise player with a couple of playoff contenders coming up on the schedule. This was a typical game for Bluebean in which the Rams were outgained in total yardage 358-244 but forced the Seahawks into 3 FG's and a wild fumble recovery by the offense which was returned for a TD.

1st Quarter

St. Louis Rams opened the game on a nice drive which seen Matt Cassell hit Donnie Avery on a 32 yard strike down the right sideline for a touchdown to give the Rams a 7-0 advantage.

Seattle Seahawks took the ensuing kickoff and marched the ball straight down the field and stalled at the Rams 5 yard line in which they settled for a 22 yard Olindo Mare FG to make the score 7-3 Rams.

2nd Quarter

St. Louis took the next possession down the field and powered it into the end zone with Steven Jackson from 8 yards out to give the Rams a 14-3 lead just 32 ticks into the 2nd Quarter. The Rams came back with 3:28 to play in the half and tacked on a FG to extend the lead to 17-3.

On the next possession for Seattle, the Seahawks were faced with a 3rd and long inside their own territory. Garrison threw a pass down the field and it was intercepted by the Rams SS Butler in which he immediately fumbled on the tackle and it was picked up by the Seahawks WR Saint and returned 51 yards for a Seahawk TD to cut the lead to 17-10. ( Wish I could have challenged, I was pretty confident my player was down before the fumble )

Seattle got another stop and drove down the field and kicked another Mare FG as time expired in the 1st half to make the score Rams 17 Seahawks 13.

3rd Quarter

The Seahawks received the 2nd half kickoff and were stuffed on 4th and inches; the Rams capitalized with a 50 yard Josh Brown FG. 20-13 Rams

Seattle goes on another drive and settles for their 3rd Mare FG. 20-16 Rams

4th Quarter

Seattle is on the move once again as they are down 20-16 with just 6 minutes to go. Coach Bluebean is getting a little nervous knowing he hasn't really slowed down the Seahawks offense all day. With Garrison dropping back to pass, he throws and it is INTERCEPTED by the Rams LB Alonzi Simms and he rumbled 64 yards for the TD to give the Rams some breathing room at 27-16.

Seattle moved into FG range with a chance to make it a 8 pt. lead with just a couple of minutes to play. But, Mare was unsuccessful and the Seahawks chances at pulling the upset were gone. The Rams tack on a FG and then the Rams Chevis Jackson intercepts Garrison once more to seal the game.

Final Score: Rams 30 Seahawks 16

Great Game BamaGrad

Rams: 5-3 ( Don't count me out 49ers and Cardinals )
    Seahawks: 0-7
  2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Feb 11, 2009
    Alonzi Simms is a fantastic player, I drafted him on another team I had and he was a performer.

Nice write up. Glad the Rams are doing well!
  3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    great job bluebean, love the effort in the sig and writeup man! great job. You've got that team rolling.
  4. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Jun 11, 2009
    Great Game Bluebean, very good game and well played.
  5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Sep 24, 2009
    LOL love the sig.. good job getting this in early guys