Week 8 - Saints 34 vs Jags 27

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jan 2, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Saints Stun Jags - Stop Longest Winning Streak In OMFL History
    Chicago, IL - Savage Mason Reporting
    [​IMG]
    The 2 win NO Saints would travel to face the winningest team in OMFL history, the Jags, who hold a 25 game winning streak and is the first team in OMFL history to go undefeated for a season and a half. Things were not looking so great for the low Saints.

Jags would kick and force the Saints to punt after a decent drive that stalled. Jags would make the Saints pay right away getting on the score board with a 37 yard fg from Scobee. 3-0 Jags.

Saints would answer right back with one of their own, a Hartley 50 yard fg to tie the game at 3. Even thought both teams would put up a lot of points today, this game really came to two teams who played very good D today and really forced both teams into a chest match.

Scobee would get the Jags back on the score board late in the 2nd quarter with a 46 yard fg to make it 6-3 Jags. There was some wind and a little bit of lag, but both teams seem to be getting through it pretty even. This would be an issue late in the game.

Saints would get the ball and look to score before half, hopefully taking momentum. Brees would find Graham on a 13 yard td pass to give the Saints the first lead on the day with 1:48 left before half. 10-6 Saints.

Second half would see a lot more scoring as both teams began to get the ball rolling downhill.

Stafford would hit a huge 52 yard bomb to a perfectly thrown Underwood for a 13 - 10 lead.

Saints would answer back with a long drive of their own as Brees would find a rarely used FB Evans on a 4 yard td catch with 4 mins to go in the 3rd quarter. 17-13 Saints.

The Jags would reach deep in the playbook and on a 3rd and inches pull out a reverse. Yes, the same reverse you have all tried to run a million times and get hit 5 yard deep in the backfield, except this time Kimble breaks it 71 yards for the td. The Jags would miss the XPT though and make the score 19-17 Jags.

The 4th quarter would see both teams punt the ball to start, this was until late in the 4th when things got really crazy.

With 4 mins to go in the game, Hartley would take the lead for the Saints with a 39 yard fg to make it 20-19 Saints.

Jags would begin to get something going, but Saints CB Robinson reads the play, jumps the route and takes it back 43 yard for the pick six. 27-19 Saints.

Jags wouldn't give up though and pull out one of the best drives of the year. Using every play in the book and just about ever down they were given the Jags finally score with 24 seconds in the game on a 15 yard pass right between 2 defenders on a amazing throw from Stafford. 2 point conversion was good and the game was tied with 24 seconds to go at 27 each.

Saints had all 3 time outs and were looking to get into fg range and just squeak one out.

After a few first downs the Saints were right at midfield and still had 2 time outs left. Saints called a post in the middle with a fly route on the right of the post. Brees was simply looking to hit something in the middle of the field and take a timeout to set up a fg, instead the cb for the Jags lets Brown get wide open behind him for a 56 yard td pass with just 6 seconds to go.

Saints would squib kick and take the win 34-27.

Scoring Summary:
    [​IMG]
    Player Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Team Stats on the game:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great game @sdunlap . I got lucky with that last play but it was one of the straightest games i've ever had with you. it was fun to actually try and outsmart a guy instead of having to outcheese him to win. gl rest of the way.

Player of the game:
    [​IMG]
    QB DREW BREES

Drew tossed 260 yards and 3 tds today, but the real story of the game was his 40 yards rushing. on the last drive of the game Brees would see the Red Sea part in front of him and scamper for a 20 yard gain, which set up his big pass to Brown. If Brees gets his act together, Saints can contend, if not, they can't. ​

2. Fr3sH_UC

Fr3sH_UC Walk On

Great Win Nate !! =]

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

Great epic game. . .really! I hope this one will be memorable for a while!

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Correction Nate, I think my Bears team went undereated for a season and a half in our PC league. I could swear it..but could be wrong I am getting older and my mind doesnt remember things as well as it used to!

Congrats on the big win and to Dunlap for the streak thats impressive with this flawed game.

5. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I love this line.....

"Great game @sdunlap . I got lucky with that last play "but it was one of the straightest games i've ever had with you". it was fun to actually try and outsmart a guy instead of having to outcheese him to win. gl rest of the way."

LOL . Sorry. I have to bust some balls. All the time.