Week 8: Saints VS Broncos

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by CWT 3000, Oct 15, 2012.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

[​IMG] 37

[​IMG] 34

Saints hang-on for win in thriller.

Brees came out and started with the ball and scored early and often to roll to a 21-3 lead. Unfortunately for two weeks in a row the other team would come storming back. With under two minutes left in the 1st half the Broncos would kick a FG and tack on a late TD... then get the ball at the halftime and score another TD for a N.O. 21-20 lead.

The 2nd half was crazy as both teams would fight for the win. The Broncos would drive late into the 4th quarter and score a game tieing TD with only 27 seconds left... that saw Decker celebrate the score. Coach Thomas saw this as a slap in the face and he and Brees would go after 'em. Brees navigated the Saints into FG range with percision passing and poor coverage by the Denver 'D'. Hartley would come in with :04 seconds on the clock to kick a game winning TD. Nailed it!

GG- Although I do think you need to work on your sim style. Running the same slant-out route from the same position gets old and then running nothing but shotgun draws when you run isn't sim. I thought you were fine until the 2nd half, when you started doing that to catch up. I counted 12 slant outs on the same side of the field (this is after I noticed a trend) in the 2nd half alone. A few times I thought Decker was in at TE, but maybe I'm wrong. Hope so.

nellycuz

• Like Like x 2
  2. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

GG. Decker was never lined up as TE, don't play me like that. When you're down in a game and working on a come back, you are going to line up in shotgun (esp Peyton Manning; refer to last nights game). Also you will be running draws to throw the defense off (esp Manning; ie last night). As for the slant routes, when you're playing man and a LB is on my TE, I"m going to run those routes as my PB has a lot of them and it was working. I think 12 of the same route/same player is a little much so I apologize if it was that excessive which I don't think it was, anyhow...good game