Week 8 | Season 1 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by sawemoff, Jul 23, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Oregon State Takes Down Utah!
    Utah came in as the #5 team in the nation looking to stay perfect and to keep their hopes alive for the National Championship. Beaver Nation on the other hand was going to try their best to dethrone them and they did a great job supporting their team. To open things up both teams were putting out feelers to see what each other was trying to do. With that in mind the game was slow in the first quarter. OSU would strike first with RB Malcolm Agnew pushing his way across the goaline to give his team an early lead. The second quarter showcased why Utah was the #5 team in the nation. Their offense was slicing and dicing the Beaver defense up and their defense was containing Mannion, Agnew and Wheaton. Utah would score their first TD with a 2 yard run from RB John White. The second score would come off a great 3rd down stand by the defense forcing the Beavers to punt. This time QB Jon Hays would find WR Luke Matthews on an underneath route for the score. With about three minutes left OSU stuck to their ground game with a few passes here and there. They made it down to the 20 but got stuffed making it a 3rd and 10. This is where Mannion found Hatfield between a couple of defenders for the 20 yard TD. This play would become the play of the game. At the half the game would be tied up 14-14​
    OSU would receive the kickoff and drive down on the legs of Malcolm Agnew until he found the endzone with four minutes left in the quarter. With another defensive quarter neither team would score the rest of the quarter and leaving all of the drama in the final quarter! Utah had a tremendous drive where everything went right and the Beaver defense could not stop them. They converted four 3rd Downs in this drive. The Utes would score on a 3rd and goal on the legs of QB Jon Hays. OSU had put a QB spy on him but the shifty SR got past him to tie the game. A couple of more punts would happen before the game winning drive for the Beavers. With not much time left all they had to do was get into Trevor Romaine's range. Once Agnew set the kick up it wound up being a 29 yard FG. This win would make OSU bowl eligible and would stop Utah's undefeated season. GG Baron! Like I said I love your offense and it brings back memories from last years cycle.​
    FINAL SCORE
    [​IMG] 21
    [​IMG] 24
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Malcolm Agnew- 27 Att, 98 yards, 2 TDs

• Like Like x 1
  2. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Victory Bell Belongs to Heels Following 24-0 Shutout of Duke
    [​IMG]
    Bryn Renner provided another outstanding performance in absence of the Heels star player, HB Giovanni Bernard, whose been out several weeks with broken ribs. When Gio went out, Renard knew his role would expand. He has not disappointed one bit. On Saturday, he went an impressive 24-36 for 350 yards and two scores.
    Renner, who has done a good job limiting turnovers, had two interceptions Saturday that cost the Heels a chance at more points. Backup HB Romar Morris filled in nicely for 83 yards, while WR Erik Highsmith continues to add value to his draft stock, hauling in 9 catches for 147 yards.
    Defensively, LE Tim Jackson had a breakout game with 2 sacks. Tim Scott and Terry shankle added interceptions for UNC.
    WATCH IN HD!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

That interception was ridiculous!

4. I Peench

Yeah man, it was pretty wild.

5. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Excellent writeup man! You had a great game, and I needed to make one more stop than I did. If this is what happens when I have the ratings advantage, not looking forward to when your recruits hit!

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

ScreenHunter_11 Jul. 15 17.15.jpg
    Vt bounces back after a tough loss to UNC​
    37-28​
    Looking to get back to dominance, Vt comes out strong....and slows toward the end..​
    First​
    Logan Thomas hits HB tony gregory on a 55 yard wheel route! It was a big play and an exciting outcome...and unexpected lol. The VT Defense would shut Clemson down and Logan Thomas would connect with WR on a 70 yard bomb. 14-0 VT​
    Second​
    The second would come with both teams putting points up on the board. VT would drive all the way down to the 20, but be forced to kick a FG. Clemsons drive would end a Forced fumble and result in a 4 yard out route to Randall Dunn. TD VT​
    Not to be outdone, Tahj Boyd would hit a 77 yard ...slant route......wtf my guys couldnt catch him :( . They get a FG after that... Halftime 24-10 VT​
    3rd​
    This is where Clemson made their push. scoring twice...once on a short TD pass and once on a Int TD. Logan Thomas would start making mistakes here that could have cost us the game. We squeaked by on a short TD curl to TE Eric Martin.​
    4th​
    Logan Thomas was intercepted twice more late in the fourth, but our fantastic defense came through in the clutch. Forcing them to punt both times! We would score once more thanks to player of the game WR Dyrell Roberts. We would home them tight and come out on top. ​
    ScreenHunter_13 Jul. 23 17.57.jpg
    ScreenHunter_14 Jul. 23 17.57.jpg

7. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

360 passing to 17 rushing.

Looks like my stat lines.

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea a 79 ovr RB will do that to you

9. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

BYE almost forced OT, but UCLA walks away with the win.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I Peench

And that offensive line lol. Sucks cuz the rest of your team is as good as it gets.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea the O line can't block worth a dang.

12. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

The NC State used a stout defense and timely turnovers to get a win over rival Maryland 29-15. After the game. Coach Reb stated, "We are starting to figure a few things out offensively, but we are still struggling to run the ball. The credit for this win goes to the defense 100%."

13. I Peench

Lookin forward to our match up

• Like Like x 1
  14. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Any chance we get to it tonight.

15. I Peench

Doubt it. A couple games left to play tonight, think one will be played laaaate (our alaskan guy haha)

16. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

and that right there puts in perspective how bad UCLA really is. ;)

17. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Miami upsets Florida State in another Classic!

#3 Florida State 17
    #15 Miami 20

Miami FSU.JPG

FSU came aMiami undefeated, Miami was a one loss team coming off a crushing defeat to North Carolina last week, but we all know you can throw the records out when these two play. The first quarter started out with Miami driving down the field and promptly scoring a touchdown on a 2 yard rush. Then the defenses came out to play as each defense held their opponent for the rest of the quarter. Miami knocked in a fg to start the 2nd quarter though to go up 10-0. FSU responded pretty quickly with a hell of a kick from 51 yards out . Miami worked its way back down the field for another FG with just under three minutes left in the half to go up 13-3. It looked as if maybe Miami was going to get some separation, but FSU put together a really nice drive to get a touchdown right before the half and it was a game again at 13-10 Miami.

The 2nd half was truly a Miami-FSU game as both defenses were flying all over the place and trying to make plays, while the offenses were sloppy and just waiting for a chance to put something together. EJ Emanuel scored on a nice read option from 14 yards out towards the end of the 3rd to take the first FSU lead of the game at 17-13. In the third Miami pulled usually lights out QB Ryan Williams looking for a spark, and brought in SR Stephen Morris. Both teams fought tooth and nail up and down the field in the 4th until with :47 seconds left Stephen Morris found Allen Hurns with a strike for a TD to take the lead for the final time. Miami kept FSU out of the endzone on the final drive and dashed the Seminoles hopes at an undefeated season.

Great game Mike E by far the best defense ive seen this season.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Bucs

always fun when we play. My offense in the first half was non-existant! Great job on D. Couldn't move things consistently all game. That missed 33 yarder will haunt my dreams....

19. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Trojans win 45-9 against Colorado
    In week 8 USC would face Colorado at home in another conference game. We got off to a great start and never let up off the gas. Matt Barkley had another great game throwing for 314 yards and 4 touchdowns. Veteran Wide-Receiver Robert Woods had a great game too catching 8 passes for 107 yards and 1 touchdown. The win felt great after two straight loses to Utah and Washington. We are hoping to win out and make it to a decent bowl game this year. Next week we go on the road to Arizona to face the Wildcats.​
    PFP wk8s1 scoring.PNG
    PFP wk8s1 team stats.PNG