Week 8 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 7, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 8 - Season 1

Hard Advance for Thursday at 8pm central.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 #19 Florida State 3-1 @ #4 North Carolina W 35-28
    Pappa Perry #17 NC State 6-0 Kentucky W 41-21
    Jman #12 Maryland 7-0 @ Duke W 48-7
    Spatin #7 Miami 6-0 Clemson W 31-17
    dHarvey09 #23 Virginia Tech 4-3 BYE - -
    Dru50 #4 North Carolina 6-0 #19 Florida State L 35-28
    Dakota7 #5 Nebraska 6-0 Iowa State W 54-17
    Schmeezil Colorado 4-2 @ Kansas State W 24-14
    DT31407 Kansas State 6-1 Colorado L 24-14
    Huronia8 #3 Oklahoma State 6-0 @ Baylor W 51-7
    BulgyTexas #1 Texas 6-0 @ Missouri W 58-20
    Wader49 #25 Texas A&M 5-1 @ Texas Tech L 24-21

2. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

I love how Vatech has 3 loses and is still ranked ahead of stupid Aggies

only 1 confrence loss tho im creeping back in it all yall

3. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Wow. Never been #1 in an OD before. Hopefully I can defend it.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Murk, sorry we couldn't get the game in last night. Both kids at home are sick and quite frankly I was mentally wiped out by the time we got them to bed finally.

I might be able to play tonight, depending on how helping the wife pack for her trip to Cali goes after work. If not, she and the kids fly out of town while I am at work tomorrow and are gone for two weeks, so I will be good to go as soon as I get home from work Wednesday (6:30pm EST at latest).

Should be a good matchup, the FSU defense is tough and you have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. I'm kind of having a love/hate thing going on with TJ Yates at QB so far this year for me. He's putting up good numbers, but he seems to routinely struggle in the beginning of every game and against a user opponent that's hard to get away with and win. Like always, I think turnovers will be the deciding factor in the game.

5. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Maryland destroys hapless Duke 48-7 before the bye week. Darel managed 37 carries for a school record 307 yards...just kept breaking runs. He averaged just over 8, my second stringer averaged just over 10 and the 3rd string RS FR averaged 9 himself. They just didn't have the hosses to stop my run game.

Now I will savor my bye week before my season comes crashing in on me on the three user games. I'd have to pull off the game vs. Papa and Murk too lock my division...not gonna happen...not even a prayer.

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Murk, I know I'm slacking on my summaries but I will get them done tonight. It generally doesn't take me long to criticize my QB play and praise my defense for their 2nd half efforts lol

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's cool Dru...not a big deal..

I've only got 1 class today ...well, scratch that. I just skipped espanol, and realized I just had a 5 minute meeting in the other class I have..

I football meeting today, and I believe it starts at 8pm central.

Guys, I just want everyone to stay active...you don't need to post a summary for every game necessarily or a long drawn out one at that. I find the best way to do them is to make a template.

If you see mine, there are pretty short and to the point. I've got some stats because that's what people like looking at. When I first started here I made looooong summaries and I don't think a single person read them but myself lol :D.

Just something to keep in mind.

8. Papa Perry

I was looking at my game stats and in 6 games I have only allowed 19 total points in the 2nd half this season and shut out 3 opponents entirely in the 2nd half. Thats pretty impressive in my eyes.

BTW I have found a good way to do them is my "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" reviews. Short game summary and key points.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Murk, you are dead on. I might skim a looooong game summary and rarely read one.

10. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Thats BS.

Your lucky you don't play Wade, he has swagger now.

Big 12 > ACC

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Swagger just bit him in the ass then because he lost to Tech! :D lol

12. dakota7

Nebraska takes out ISU, 54-17.

Ndamukong Suh 5 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery, 1 TD, 1 safety

Maybe he can get some Heisman votes in the game too.

13. Dru50

I beg to differ. Big 12 has Texas, who will be a super power every year, but Oklahoma State will be rebuilding when all their seniors leave, Nebraska will likely make a comeback and they are strong, and Colorado and A&M are good teams. Over in the ACC all of our teams are solid, young rosters that will dominate the Big 12 this year and the next several years to come.

14. dakota7

The ACC does not have Ndamukong Suh

Say his name.

15. Dru50

Yeah, but what happens when he goes pro after this year? The ACC has more young talent top to bottom. Plus, my UNC squad has a pretty nice DT in Marvin Austin, who isn't Suh but he's pretty dang close.

16. hornfaninbama

Sorry. I write some long, long summaries. And I usually forget to put in the stat leaders. I'll get that this week though.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You can do them however you want. I'm talking to everyone in general. Typcially, people don't read them when their super long, they like things that are easy on the eye and straight to the point.

Some may be longer than others, especially user games...

here's an example of how long my summaries used to be, and it was pretty draining after a while to write these..
    http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2034

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're just waiting on Texas to play their game, and daniel has recruiting.

note: we will not wait on recruiting if everyone is ready to go, so get that in asap

19. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Does it make a difference recruiting wise if you do recruiting before or after the game never thought bout that

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

doubt it...

21. Dru50

Good game last night Murk, your FSU 3-4 defense took me to the woodshed. I haven't looked at all the stats yet, but I did see I threw 7 picks, 6 of them in the first half. I really did not react well to your pressure and as usual I struggled to run the ball early. Usually I'm able to work my way into a solid running game in the second half, but you were beating me so badly I felt I had to abandon the run to try and get back in the game. The only silver lining to the game from my side was that we fought back and got within 1 score and if not for a piss-poor tackling effort on that final 2nd down screen to Thomas I might have had a chance. Probably should have tried the onside rather than kicking off but I thought my defense might be able to hold you one more time.

I hope to put up a better fight next year (or maybe in the ACC championship if I can get there).

22. Papa Perry

I love the ACC/Big 12 debate lol. Suh is a BAMF but will anyone in that conference step up when the talent leaves after this year? I know NC State is an overall young team and very talented and they are probably the 4th best user team out of the ACC but they are still good. Our defense is averaging under 4 points allowed per game in the 2nd half this year. And our running game is awesome. i think we're averaging around 250 a game on the ground.

23. hornfaninbama

I will get my game in in the next few hours. Sorry it's taking forever.

24. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

I could of read that wrong but i could of swore you said you threw 7 INT lol Dru

T.J. Yates is pretty solid and by solid I mean horrible in real life too so its not too far fetched

And yes Suh is absolutely dominate love watching him. Never got to watch Russell Maryland so kinda cool to see someone as dominate in college

25. Dru50

You read that right. 6 INT's in the first half, 7 total. I believe 3 of them were due to Yates being hit as he threw, FSU's pressure on my QB was awesome. I rarely had more than 1.5-2 seconds to throw.