Week 8 - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Aug 8, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 8 - Season 1

NatiSaint is on AP...so get the game in asap Max...if NatiSaint shows up after you have played the game I will throw out the results and you guys can duke it out.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here we go

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    USER TEAM RECORD OPPONENT RESULT SCORE
    MurkYa21 Central Michigan 6-1 @ Bowling Green W 38-28
    MYCANE Houston 5-1 SMU W 35-7
    Newb Slice Buffalo 6-1 @ Western Michigan W 49-21
    castortroy4206 ECU 3-4 BYE - -
    NatiSaint UCF 3-3 @ Rice L 41-14
    Kid Robotz Southern Miss 7-0 Tulane W 49-21
    RageRoolz Bowling Green 3-4 Central Michigan L 38-28
    MM Jman Tulsa 3-3 @ UTEP W 42-3
    Riptides Ball State 7-0 @ Eastern Michigan W 52-19
    The Parrothead Northern Illinois 4-2 @ Miami University W 42-26
    morsdraconis Akron 3-3 @ Syracuse W 45-0
    Maxattax34 Rice 3-4 UCF W 41-14

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Tulsa shows up to play for the "Sun Bowl" in their rivalry with UTEP and gets the Boise taste out of their mouth with a 42-3 route.

Its nice to finally just unleash on someone/something.

The FR Peoples returned from injury with a 100+ performance and JR QB Kinne went over 300+ passing for the first time all year.

Write up with stat lines will be up in my summary thread later.

3. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

My game is out of the way 35-7 a lot easier than my previous game tonight. I was down to Tulane 17-0 and 20-7. Tulane kicked a field goal to go up 23-21 with 3 min to go I returned the kickoff to their 30 pounded the rock kicked a field goal and prayed they didn't have a drive left. They did but I picked off a screen pass with about 1:10 left on my 45 and ran out the clock. Check out my recap in the game summary. 1ke don't look past Tulane!!!!!! I'm gunning for ya next week!!!!

4. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

Well i got my game in and won, now I'm bowl eligible. Next week(9) is a bye for me so i can just recruit and watch some of the big dogs go at it. Hopefully i see my team move up in the MAC conference standings.

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

We have had UH circled all year. Lol...I looked directly past Tulane, and they were incredibly annoying. Like pest little brother that wouldn't go away.

And it was ugly at times, my stupidity and stubbornness made it more difficult on myself than it shoulda been. Am not pleased how the team has been playing the past couple weeks, trying to get my game tuned for the stretch run. 3 of the last 4 games are against users.

So yes York, my boys cant wait.

6. Jman

And for those wondering about the recruit visit scenario with my ultra close loss to such a highly ranked opponent, C+'s and B-'s with one B+ so its not too bad, I've had D's before on games I've lost with recruits there so I'm pretty content with this.

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Ill get some shit up in my Southern Miss thread today, We been smokin lately which I absolutely love, but I haven't had as much time to keep up. Ill update everything so staaaaay tuuuuuned.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

In other words they mocked you? haha

the mac is about to get interesting...I basically have to go undefeated to get into the championship..sucks

9. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

What do you want it handed to you? Come on Murk you GOTTA EARN IT

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

There are some high ranked recruiting classes going on right now. I looked this morning and CMU was like 4th, I was 5th and SM was 6th, but that won't last long when the 5 star studs start signing everywhere. What's everyone's take on the recruiting so far? I think it's a little harder than last year. Maybe we should be able to recruit whomever we want? There's only so many players willing to play for our teams anyway....what do all of you think about that?

11. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

i think we should still use the recruiting restrictions

12. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Noooooooooo I think we even need to tweek it more so if you ask me. There is no way that our teams should get half of the 4 star players we are getting. Yeah I have one but some of you guys have got 4-5 on your board I think that this is too many but thats me(yeah part of me is jealous). I like the 2-3 star guys I like to find the diamonds in the rough. In real life the MAC and CUSA have maybe 2-5 4 star players each year and thats it. If anything I think we need to limit the 4 star guys we are allowed to recruit in the 1st couple of years. I guess one thing we need to look at is how do these stars translate to their ratings as Freshman. Can anyone answer me this?

13. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Walk On

lol i only found one 4 star that was interested in me

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I think the recruiting is fine, Im obviously biased a bit lol, but for it, i think its different if we are stacked with tons of players though. A handful of higher tierd guys doesnt skew away from reality.

Here is USM real life class from 09. 4- 4 stars, 15- 3 stars, and a handful more of 2 stars.

Compare that to my likely class(I hope) on the game. This is if everyone commits which I know wont happen.... 5 4-stars, 1 3-stars, and 9 2-stars.

I think our recruiting setup is just fine. My game class cant touch the real life class.

15. Jman

I think its fine. Then again though, I make my living down in the 2-stars many don't look at twice, on my off-line dynasties I've made a living out of 2-star diamonds that come in 76+ which I love.

As far as tweaking b/c of people going after 4-stars so much, all of mine are either in-state or the only pipeline I need (TX), I personally would feel too guilty at this point in the dynasty seeking out 4-stars across the country since I'm Tulsa, but thats me. Basically what I'm saying is if it were tweaked we'd have to seriously have to take in-state and pipelines into consideration (though I don't think it needs to be tweaked yet).

I like the restrictions we have, don't seen any need to lift any of them ATM, I do want recruiting to be hard though so I'm extremely biased.

16. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

J,1ke I agree we are lucky we are in CUSA we have Texas,Ok,Louisiana,Florida and Carolina to recruit from. The MACs don't have the pipelines like we do. Ohio and Michigan are ok but they aren't Texas and Florida. I guess its gotta be a wait and see thing. I am not bitching either if you recruit your dudes I'm gonna recruit mine. We can settle it on the field(y)

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Now that we can agree on!

And I never thought of the MAC players to be honest. In real life throughout the MAC over the past years there are always a couple of 4-star guys to sign. Then lots and lost of three stars to fill out the team.

So far to me again...IMO the recruiting seems to be spot on with the real life stuff that goes on. I agree too though wit the wait and see approach.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I don't think any changes need to be made...atleast until the next season rolls around, then we can talk about it.

york...I advanced to the pre season and my 4 star DT came in as a 77 ovr...(i signed the #1 DT, added recruit, and he came in as an 88 overall).

I also had some of my 2 stars come in at around 74...so I think the whole thing is random

19. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

wow 74 for a 2 star. so much for redshirting those guys. They would should start from the jump. Kinda like you Murk right ;)

20. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Updated my stuff in the summaries thread. I had fun with the Tulane game one...lol

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Me and RageRoolz will be live in the next 30 minutes or less

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

CMU 38 BG 28...

I will have to wait until we advance to see all the stats because my game froze while I was looking at replays..

It was seriously a very crazy game (and intense lol, I was yelling). He opened the game with an 80 yard run right up the middle and took it down to the 15. Then Tebow (LeFevour) fumbled after a 13 yard run inside the redzone. Soon after, he punted the ball to me, and my receiver refused to fair catch it which resulted in him getting lit up and fumbling it. I was pretty PO'd about that, I was holding Y and nothing would happen, so he got the ball at the 5.

I threw an INT, but managed to get it right back with about a minute left in the half. After some big plays, I got it in the endzone and tied it up with :45 left. Rageroolz said F the FG, and got in the endzone with 4 seconds left on a 15 yard reception where he broke two tackles.

I couldn't believe what was happening. NOT taking away from how he played, he played great, but I was starting to panick.

In the second half, he just couldn't keep up and I managed to comeback and win by 10.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    CMU 0 21 7 10 38
    BG 7 21 0 0 28

23. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Anybody heard anything from Nati? He hasnt been on here in a while and I am not near an xbox.

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I think Im going to put him on auto if he isn't on before 9 pm central..

main reason, just because he hasnt replied to the scheduling thread..
    if he gets on here and says something as far as why he cant play today, we will wait, otherwise he is on auto around 8-9 pm central.