Week 8 | Season 2 Results

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by I Peench, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Get after it

2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Gosh, i suck with these so far... here are a few short ones

[​IMG]

Ohio - Should have been a blowout, but could not get anything consistent going. James Wilder was effective on the ground, and Jameis Winston threw for 300 yards and 4 TDs.

NC State - HOLY CRAP! 661 yards of offense! 2 Running backs over 100 yards and Jameis Winston threw for 367. As usual, FSU turnovers kept this tight.

Clemson - I'll recap the game that froze that I lost 19-7. Was up 7-0 after an easy 1st TD drive, then the offense completely fell apart due to horrible playcalling on my part. I threw 5 picks, all my fault. Running out a freshman QB into Death Valley is tough, and the crowd proved too much for this FSU team. 4 picks in the redzone were the difference.

Wake Forest - up 14-0 in the first quarter, we absolutely let off the gas here and let Wake crawl back into things. they scored late to make it 21-18 but we recovered the onside kick and scored 2 plays later to end this one.

Bottom Line for this season so far? TURNOVERS. We have turned the ball over 21 times, and only causes 6 ourselves. THis cannot continue. I am legitimately thinking that 7-6 is a real possibility....

4. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Utes Upset #7 UCLA in Defensive Struggle, 17-7
    Three Turnovers down Bruins in Salt Lake
    UCLA and Utah were two teams headed in opposite directions at the start of Week 8. The Bruins had started the season off undefeated and looking to return to the PAC-12 and National title conversations after a solid 9-4 season. Meanwhile, the Utah Utes had gotten off to a disastrous start of 1-4 after sprinting to an 11-3 PAC-12 title season and BCS bowl victory. Utah had to shake off the devastating 30-24 loss to #3 Oregon last week and suit up for another fight against a top 10 team.​
    But playing at home in their all black uniforms inspired the Utah defense as they came to play. Constantly bending to the aerial assault of Coach Webb and Brett Hundley but never breaking, the Ute defense managed to force a fumble at the two yard line in the 1st quarter to keep the Bruins off the board for the time being. But the Utah offense was, likewise, doing little against the UCLA defense. Finally the Ute defense cracked and allowed a 53 yard TD from Hundley to Richard Townsend late in the 1st to give UCLA a 7-0 lead.​
    The second quarter, however, would be all Utah as they quickly responded with a long drive capped off by a 10 yard TD strike from Jordan Wynn to Dres Anderson from ten yards out. A back and forth struggle ensued as neither team could get anything going. UCLA would attempt to mount a quick drive before the half to take the lead but ultimately have to give the ball up. Wynn would lead a masterful drive that would see Kelvin York score from four yards out with only 6 seconds left in the half.​
    Neither team would manage to find the end zone in the second half, but Utah would score on a 44 yard field goal to give them some breathing room heading into the fourth.​
    Ultimately UCLA could not crack the Ute defense, throwing two interceptions late in the 4th to end any hopes of a comeback.​

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Florida State Holds Court
    [​IMG]
    Wins 38-28 over Rival Miami

Coming in, both Florida State and Miami had underwhelmed, to put things nicely. FSU came in at 4-2 and with an offense that at times, resembled a 7th grade C Team. Miami entered at 3-2 with two close losses, but with a high flying offense. The winner of this game would stay in the hunt in the ACC and the loser would suffer a serious blow to any chance of a big time bowl game.

After Miami drove down the field on their first drive with seeming ease, they set up for a FG on 4th and inches. The kick was short and Doak EXPLODED with cheers, as Miami finally missed a big FG against the 'Noles. On the first play of FSU possession, Jameis Winston play faked and threaded a bullet to Rashad Greene for a long first down. Two plays later, Devontae Freeman sprinted right for a 30 yard score to make it 7-0. On Miami's next possession, FSU picked off a Miami pass and was able to turn it into another TD and a 14-0 lead. Things went mostly the same in the 2nd quarter as Florida State scored 17 more points of Miami turnovers en route to a 31-14 halftime lead.

The game was still in doubt, as the 'Canes would not go quietly into that good night and scored on two long pass plays to make it a 38-28 final. Standouts for Miami were all everything WR Allan Hurns who turned his 7 catches into 207 yards. Also, Phillip Dorset recorded a 100 yard receiving game.

Player of the game for the Seminoles goes to TE Nick O'leary who caught 7 passes for 156 yards and two long scores. Jameis Winston also became a man on this day and silenced any and all critics who said he should be benched for poor play in the past two weeks. Winston finished 15-19, 346 yards and 4 TD and only one INT.

There is still an uphill battle to be fought by the Noles, but this win will go a long way to trusting the building process of a National Title contender as long as Jameis Winston is under center.

gg Bucs. the lag did us both no favors. i am preparing for my ass kicking next season

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

37[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]0
    Trojans blank Buffaloes
    [​IMG]

scoring wk8s2.PNG
    team stats wk8s2.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

27 2012-maryland-l.png [​IMG] 2012-vt-r.png 20

Capture.PNG
    Big Win for Maryland in the ACC Atlantic Division. This would be the first Big Win for Coach Ghost's Career tenure at Maryland. Running a New Offense vs a tough user was going be tough for sure. Maryland won this game off of lucky breaks. Logan Thomas overthrew a few passes on 3rd down. Maryland had some big runs off of broken tackles. From now on, I'm sure we won't get as many lucky breaks as we had in this game. Hopefully we can get this 2 RB System going because it was dreadful this game. Up 20-14 We got a crucial stop in the goal line and stopped VT and 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and goal. Justin Pickett broke out for a 94 yard run to help us go up 27-14. VT would score but fail on the onside kick, which lead to MD just kneeing out the ball.

The lag in the video was caused by me having the wrong settings, sorry about that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

#YOLO

9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Beavers Win in 2OT
    This rivalry game came down to the wire as it looked like OSU would walk away with a victory at the end of regulation. The feisty Cougars did not give up and made a tremendous comeback in the waning seconds to push the game into OT. With the home crowd and momentum on Washington State's side made this game the #1 game of the week.​
    For most of the first half Washington State had there way the Beavers as their defense was stuffing the run and pass, and their offense was unstoppable. What really threw off the Beaver's defense was the hurry no huddle. They were unable to recoup after every play which wore them down and limited their substitutions. Washington State took advantage of it by scoring 14 points before the Beavers could even get into the redzone! Once the Beavers got into the endzone they stayed there for the rest of the half. Mannion started throwing darts all over the place hitting every WR on the OSU roster. Caleb Smith would finish off the drive when everyone on the Cougar defense forgot about him. The defense spread out trying to cover the other three WRs leaving Smith open over the middle for the easy TD. After a three and out OSU received the ball around midfield. Six plays later RB Jovan Stevenson would run it in tying the ball game at 14 apiece. Again the Beaver defense came up big when Freshman CB Chris King picked the ball off giving OSU great field position right before halftime. On a third down Mannion found impact player Brandin Cooks for the 27 yard score. OSU went into the half up 21-14.​
    The second half was laced with exciting action which lead to an even better overtime! Washington State came out on the opening drive guns a blazing as it only took a couple of minutes to tie the ball game once more. With great defensive and offensive play OSU was able to tally 14 points in a row, which almost sealed the game away. The Cougars had something else on their mind and made a tremendous comeback. They would rattle off 14 points in the last 1:18 to force the OT. The first score came from a no huddle frenzy and really put the Beaver defense in a bad situation since they could not get of the Nickel formation. After using their last timeouts in a timely fashion P Keith Kostol coffin kicked the ball on Washington State's own 7 yard line. The Cougar fans thought the game was over and started to leave but the came right back after one play. The impossible happened as WR Marquess Wilson caught his third TD of the game.​
    Fans and students went crazy while the OSU players were just in shock. CB Sean Martin took pretty bad as he threw his helmet on the ground when he came back to the bench. Coach Saw grabbed him and said, "Look, shit happens. When you get back on the field it is a new play so erase what just happened and make up for it in OT. Make the play that wins us this game." Martin would have to wait as OSU got the ball first. RB Terron Ward and Jovan Stevenson kept the running game alive as they just punished the Cougar defense. They would find paydirt when Ward found the endzone for the first time in this game. Washington State wasted no time all scoring on three plays forcing the second OT. The Beaver defense needed to clamp down and at least force a FG because if they did not they would eventually lose this game in other OTs. Finally they forced a crucial third down inside their own 10 yard line. CB Sean Martin figured they would come his way since he did let up 3 TDs to their star wideout. The ball was snapped and....​
    With that interception the Beavers knew the game was at hand. After running a couple of dives K Trevor Romaine would finish the game off with a 29 yard FG. Martin's interception would be dubbed the play of the game and Mannion would get player of the game recognition.​
    FINAL SCORE
    [​IMG] 45
    [​IMG] 42
    PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Sean Mannion- 19/31, 321 yards, 4 TD, 2 INT

• Like Like x 2
  10. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

UNC Downs BC 45-6

Bryn Renner went a perfect 14-14 for 245 yards and 56 rushing yards for 4 total touchdowns. Defensively, Tim Jackson added 3 sacks.