Week 8, Season 2 - The Cathedral

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Oct 19, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Advance Schedule:
    -Friday, 3pm EST
    -when 10/10 are ready

Notes:
    -San Jose emerging as legit undefeated possibility
    -UNLV lays an egg
    -Clemson is good
    -UVA is still horrid... like, Goose... seriously?
    -Kent still better at podcasts than playing
    -this is not funny... struggling with these lately. eat me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. vatechhokie01

Additional Note:
    -Apparently a 4-star DE was chomping at the bit to play for the Eastern Michigan... wait, I literally don't even know their mascot.

Greatest bit about this is that they choose EMU over UVA... lmao. Goose... seriously?

3. vatechhokie01

In other news, and if you guys didn't know... EA is rolling out a new online dynasty website and its "Coming Soon"...

what a bunch of absolute clowns.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Goose

Goose Walk On

I didn't put him on my board until week 4 and EMU was already at 78%, I worked my way up to 2nd from nothing. I really thought I had a shot at the guy. Maybe if my offense wasn't so horrible and I actually won some games, maybe then he'd be interested. Great catch for Plauge.

5. Goose

Goose Walk On

Word on the street around BFE, Virginia is that OC Goose is scheduled to have a presser around 7:00 pm est. Apparently he's pretty pissed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

I was feeding that kid lies since preseason. He really thinks EMU is a great place.

Just think....he could have played for the great o-coord Goo--- nevermind.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

As much as I'd love to go undefeated I don't know if that will be possible. The good news is I'm bowl eligible and starting next year quality recruits should actually be interested in attending my school!

8. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

oh wow, this league is still going. great news. I can't wait to play again with you guys

9. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I wierdly feel like I'm in the top 3 active guys in this league right now. If this doesn't change then I know for a fact the world is over in 2012!

10. vatechhokie01

The Abbey sucks. No one cares about it. We still have 4 people (including myself) not ready. 4/8 is not worth running it. its literally just mormon, bulldog, and maybe weave who really care. i say we just stick with abbey. thoughts? I've enjoyed the involvement (pro, truce, weave, and even goose are to be commended!).

bulldog, are you alive?
    mormon, you suck... shocker.
    mullen, you have been lamer than I have

11. vatechhokie01

i would possibly be up for starting over in the abbey with the (very) few that really want to keep up and move fast... as well as using it to test some sliders out. but honestly, why stretch it. lets just stick to cathedral i say. thoughts?

12. vatechhokie01

also, know its been requested before, but everyone cool with me at least adjusting the kicking sliders to tougher? how about a post-week 8 slight adjustment to make running tad tougher, running defense tad tougher, and throwing tad easier? just like before.

Thoughts?

13. Goose

Goose Walk On

Is this going to be like last time when you change the game time and it didn't take effect for 6 weeks? I'm cool with making it tougher for both CPU and User.

14. Goose

Goose Walk On

I thought the Abbey was supposed to move every Wed. and Sun. regardless of who has played. That's why Pro and I haven't played our game. We couldn't play before last Wed. I figured it would have advanced by now. I'm busy until Sunday (Maryland game tonight, We're throwing a Halloween party Saturday everyone's invited if you're in the Northeast Ohio area Saturday night.)

I say we just advance the Abbey and stick to the mandatory advance schedule. If you're simmed 3 weeks in a row you kicked. If you want back in you have to pick a new team that is a star lower than the team that you were.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pro

Pro Walk On

I probably should of told you that goose and I decided to let our game be simmed in the abbey. I want to continue the abbey in one form or another.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Goose

Goose Walk On

I've also quit the Madden league. I just don't have enough time. I'm only in our 2 and SimNation.

17. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I have no problem with the sliders being tweaked, just advance the freaking Abbey already. If for no other reason than just wanting to play a little more and Im sick of playing DBs online.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Keep the Abbey going!
    Quit being a loser!

19. vatechhokie01

abbey advanced losers. next advance time: Sunday night.... eat that!

20. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

About time jack ass