Week 8 - Season 2

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 8 - Season 2

HARD ADVANCE FOR WEDNESDAY 9PM (CENTRAL)
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    Colorado @ Oklahoma User Vs. User
    #9 Florida State VS Georgia
    #19 Oklahoma VS Colorado User Vs. User
    #6 Miami @ Clemson
    #8 Mizzou VS Kansas State W 41-14
    #21 NC State VS Wake Forest
    #4 Nebraska VS #10 Nebraska W 34-10
    #2 North Carolina @ Virginia W 35-7
    #1 Oklahoma State VS #18 Texas A&M User Vs. User
    #18 Texas A&M @ #1 Oklahoma State User Vs. User

User games wk 8 are....HUGE in the BIG XII race!
    #19 Oklahoma (MM Jman) vs Colorado (Shmeezil)...Colorado looks to rebound...Oklahoma looks to stay in the hunt...
    #18 Texas A&M (Wader) @ #1 Oklahoma State (Huronia)...this one has HUGE implications in the conference race...and...can a #1 fall in a user game in two consecutive weeks?

Should be another fun ass week!

Don't forget to POST YOUR SUMMARIES in THIS thread after your games!

2. Jman

Shmeezil, I'll be unavailable tonight and maybe Monday, let me know whats good for you in the scheduling thread and we'll work it out.

P.S. Dakota and Spatin...I stole your fucking runningback! I'd say I'm sorry but...well...I'm not! WOOOOOHOOOO!

3. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Tigers Remain Undefeated

A tough Kansas State team proved Missouri is a duel threat. Washington could not get anything going all game for the Tigers running only 125 yards in 34 attempts so Missouri was forced to go to the air more than usually. Not a problem for JR QB Blaine Gabbert. He completed 18 of 30 for 271 yards and 2 TD.

With a two score lead midway through the second quarter Missoui went for it on 4th and on the Wildcats 30 yardline. This proved to be costly as FB Lee Norton fumbled and it was returned 78 yards for the score giving Kansas State some life.

Their hope didn't last long as the Tigers scored two touchdowns in the third quarter giving them a comfortable lead. With 5 minutes left Missouri called in the backups and Kansas State were finally able to put together a scoring offence driving leaving the final score Missouri 41 Kansas State 14

Player of the Game: B. Gabbert 18-30, 271 Yards, 2 TD

Highlights:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/31UKNTl-6f4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/31UKNTl-6f4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    KSU 0 7 0 7 14
    MIZ 7 10 14 10 41

Team Stats
    KSU MIZ
    Score 13 51
    First Downs 13 20
    Total Offence 168 412
    Rushing Yards -2 141
    Passing Yards 170 271
    Turnovers 1 1
    Fumbles 0 1
    Intercepted 1 0

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I heard a rumor he has herpes. Better keep him away from the cheerleaders.

5. dakota7

#4 Nebraska 34
    #10 Texas 14

Texas got out to a 7-0 lead, only the see the Cornhuskers score the next 24 points. Latravis Washington led the way with 225 yards passing and 104 rushing and 3 total td's. WR Niles Paul had 178 total yards and 1 score. Big showdown next week with #1 Oklahoma State.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dea1GNLGbnY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dea1GNLGbnY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k2qt7_D4lag&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k2qt7_D4lag&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbXcWW19CHY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbXcWW19CHY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You talking about the #1 HB?

LOL HAHAHAHHAHAHAH WHAT A JOKE! :cool: You realize that guy's a bust right?

That dude's weak!

I'm pretty sure I'm snagging the REAL #1 HB, and most likely the best overall class....AGAIN

7. Jman

We shall see my friend.

Besides, this kid won't see the field next year, too many good backs in the stable still.

8. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I'm a little disappointed in this recruiting class... Doesn't seem very strong in general.

I'll be signing the most underrated back in this class, BTW. 90 speed, 93 acceleration. I do like how some lower-star players are actually better this year - for instance, my four-star CB last year was a 73 overall, but my two-star was a 74 overall.

And P.S. Murk, you're lucky I missed two of the first three weeks' off-season recruiting or Ruffin would be a Hurricane! ;) But, oh well, he would have been a #3-4 WR for me with Aldarius Johnson and LaRon Byrd, so at least he's getting the PT.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

1. I'll post the guy's stats, who I am soon to sign, up here in a bit..

2. I wouldn't call it luck! Realize I was #1 on his list after the first week, and I had my choice between him and the #1 overall player in the class. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but I'd be more worried about the MLB and DT I out recruited you for THIS season! ha

10. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I know. I missed the first week on Ruffin, so there was no way you wouldn't have sky-rocketed past me... and also, missed the third week, but at that point, I was too far behind from the earlier missed week. That was all that I was saying...

But I AM disappointed about Jeff Johnson this season! At DT I have some excellent players coming back, but I could have used the depth there. However, if I do continue to play with 3 D-linemen, I think I'll be OK. Johnson, on the other hand, might be needed if any of my upperclassmen decide to leave early (Sean Spence, most notably).

My biggest concern actually with missing out on Booker is that I have one other DT I am going to sign that I like. The other that I will probably get is a four-star who I actually am not liking all that much and may get cut in a year or two if I sign him (or I'll find someone this off-season that I like better and not sign him).

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You are right..

He could've ended up at Miami, but that doesn't support why he still decided to choose FSU over all the other guys who went after him! :D haha, but yeah, he could've just as easily ended up at Miami for sure.

Johnson and Booker come in at 88 and 89 LOL!

12. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

Booker is really fast for a DT too... Which RB are you so excited about (can you give us a hint, at least)?

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

The #2 overall HB...so much better than the #1..

I thought it was pretty comical that there were 4-5 offers to that guy, and none to my guy!

14. SPatin

SPatin Walk On

I attempted to get after him for the first few weeks, but didn't make any progress and once you got far enough along with him, he was a lost cause, so I dropped out. I'm not even sure I was ever on his list, but I attempted to get there... You're right, though, he is far better than Anderson.

15. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Ahhh the Thug U and Criminoles rivalry. I hope you both realize that by next season the rise of The Wolfpack will cause less battles for recruits between you because they will be coming to Raleigh, NC. First i have to get my 2nd straight win against FSU. After that if I manage to win out and make it to the ACC Championship for the 2nd straight year I have to take on Miami or North Carolina, 2 teams I have yet to beat but plan to change that. Then top it off with a BCS Bowl win to throw me up to 5 star status and more 5* recruits interested in NC State.

16. dakota7

Don't do drugs, kids.

17. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

UNC defeats Virginia 35-7. North Carolina allowed the Cavs less than 70 yards in the first half. The second team guys got in for the second half because the score was 28-0 at halftime.

18. Jman

I think I can hear my echo in here....

We had three summaries posted but every other game is done with nothing to show for it in here?

Wader, Huronia, how about a report on your user game? 45-17....oooooooouch for the Aggies of A&M.

Shmeezil and I are last up and will get ours in tonight and I'll advance thereafter.

Waaaaaaaaake uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

19. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Yeah forums have been quiet lately, pumped for next week hurry up and play. Huge game against you Jman

20. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

Sorry.. I'll be adding a summary tomorrow, this week has been horrible for school...

21. Jman

Yeah, yeah, I gotta get past Shmeezil first lol. User games haven't been kind to me lately, I still feel I should've beat Huronia's Pokes...but alas...I did not.

No probs, just want to know everyone is still alive.

22. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Yea I gotta get mine in. Been busy with offseason stuff in C2C. I'm surprised the only comment I got from my last post was from dakota...

23. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

well dakota said what I was thinking lol

24. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

FSU out "manages" Georgia

That's right...

Florida state had the ball for over 20 minutes compared to Georgia's 10. Not only that, but they outgained Georgia by over 100 total yards.

Georgia was able to tie it up in the 2nd quarter on a FG, but the Freshmen (Martin and Ruffin) would hook up just before the half to make it 17-10.

On the kick off to open the second half, TRUE FRESHMAN JEFF MONTOYA returned the kickoff 98 yards for the score!

UGA brought it back down to a 7 point game early in the fourth, but safety would put the game out of reach!

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    FSU 3 14 7 2 26
    UGA 7 3 0 7 17

25. Jman

OU snagged and uuuuuuuuuuuuuugly one from the Buff's 26-24.

I threw 3 picks, Shmeezil fumbled like 5 times lol. My O was bad tonight, settled for 4 FG's. Did manage to run the ball well (especially at the end) to seal it.

Fun/Frustrating game.

We're in week 9 now. Post will be up ASAP.