Week 8 - Season 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jman, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Week 8 - Season 3

WEEK EIGHT - SEASON 3
    HARD ADVANCE FOR FRIDAY 10PM (CENTRAL)
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Rank User School Home/Away Rank Opponent Notes Result
    #21 Colorado (5-1) VS Kansas (5-2)
    #2 Florida State (7-0) VS BYE
    #13 Miami (4-2) VS #16 Georgia Tech (4-2)
    #3 Mizzou (5-0) VS Texas Tech (2-4)
    #5 NC State (6-0) @ Wake Forest (3-4)
    #24 Nebraska (3-3) [/COLOR]VS #14 Texas A&M (4-1
    #19 North Carolina(3-3) VS Virginia (2-3)
    #9 Oklahoma (5-1) @ Iowa State (2-4)
    #1 Oklahoma State (6-0) VS Kansas State (2-3)
    #14 Texas A&M (4-1) @ #24 Nebraska (3-3)
    #12 Virginia Tech (5-1) VS Clemson (4-2)
    [/COLOR]

User games are.....

#14 A&M (Wader) VS #24 Nebraska (Dakota)

Please remember to post your summaries!

Good Luck All!

2. Huronia8

Huronia8 Walk On

OKST beats KState 59-9

"We really showed up in this contest, our lines played exceptionally well and our reserves were able to get some key playing time. I was impressed by our ability to pressure the QB, racking up 7 sacks with 7 different players. Because of the early lead we were able to rest some key players."
    - Coach Huronia

Player of the Game: RB Brett Rogers

Who racked up 151 yards of total offense, scoring three times (KOR, 2 Rushing.

"Brett really answered the calling tonight, he is trying to emerge from a crowded backfield and has really prospered the last few weeks in replacing Orlando Harrell as the change of pace back. He is only a redshirt Freshman so we can expect some great things from him down the road"
    - Coach

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Virginia Tech wins a shootout in Blacksburg vs Clemson, 56-42. There wasn't a lick of defense played in this game, as the two teams combined for over 1,100 yards of total offense and over 760 yards passing with 9 passing TD.

Player of the Game - QB Ju Ju Clayton, 240.9 QB rating, 21-27, 391 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT.

Up next - A home game tuneup (hopefully) vs Boston College before Miami comes to town.

4. Dru50

Virginia Tech wins a shootout in Blacksburg vs Clemson, 56-42. There wasn't a lick of defense played in this game, as the two teams combined for over 1,100 yards of total offense and over 760 yards passing with 9 passing TD.

Player of the Game - QB Ju Ju Clayton, 240.9 QB rating, 21-27, 391 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT.

Up next - A home game tuneup (hopefully) vs Boston College before Miami comes to town.

5. Jman

Thats a lot of fucking offense! Dayum! lol

6. Shmeezil

Shmeezil Walk On

Colorado squeeks by Kansas 29-28

Well, things were going great in this one. Scored on my first two possessions. Then my offense hit the wall in the 2nd quarter, including this debacle of an option play (keep your eye on my RB)

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6b_wZ5Iaxs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6b_wZ5Iaxs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

My pass D couldn't stop shit in the first half. Their 86 ovr QB went 13-16 for 200+ yards and 2 TDs. 2nd half was a different story. Switched to man and brought the heat and held them to 40 pass yards. Somehow I continue to be the worst team in the COUNTRY at turnovers. This coming a year after I led the nation in picks. Makes me nervous for my upcoming USER games.

7. Dru50

Yeah, the game basically came down to me scoring to end the half and then getting the ball to open the 2nd half, plus a timely INT.

8. Jman

OU will commense the beatdown of hapless Iowa State tonight and the cry while looking at our (lack of a) recruiting class...we should click on through this week pretty easily all and all. Pretty darn good pace to the season thusfar.

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Sorry Jman but I'm gonna have to take that WR from you. Took over as his number one team and hope to get the hard commit after this week.

10. Jman

Eh, oh well. Shit happens...alot to me lately on the recruiting trail lol.

I'm likely going to have to wait to knock mine out tomorrow, lotsa grading to do tonight...lots.

Dammit.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just give em all B+'s.

12. Jman

Haha, there will be lots of completion grades thats for sure. Its the tests that are the bitches!

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

You guys don't have Scantron in Oklahoma?

Seriously I understand though, my fiance is a teacher. With budgets the way they are, you either get more students or get laid off. Damn shame if you ask me. (n)

14. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Another dominating performance by Mizzou as they beat the Red Raiders 55 to 7. Even with Gabbert playing somewhat poorly throwing 2 INTs in the red zone the Tigers were able to keep control of the ball and consistantly shut down Texas Tech. Gabbert completed 24 for 36 throwing 3 TDs and rushing for his first of the year. After tying it up early on a turnover the Red Raiders fell apart, unable to even get a first down nearly the rest of the game. The Tigers defence played phenominal football including all the backups in the 4th quarter allowing only 128 total yards.

Key Stats:

QB B. Gabbert - 24/36, 368 Yards, 3 TD, 1 INT
    QB M. Sharp - 7/8 86 Yards, 1 TD
    WR R. Woodland - 10 REC, 132 Yards
    CB Z. Gooden - 7 TACK, 1 DEFL, 1 INT, 1 TD

Box Score
    1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH FINAL
    TTU 7 0 0 0 0
    MIZ 10 17 21 7 55

Team Stats
    TTU MIZ
    Score 7 55
    First Downs 6 29
    Total Offence 128 554
    Rushing Yards -1 100
    Passing Yards 318 454
    Turnovers 3 2
    Fumbles 1 0
    Intercepted 2 2

15. Jman

We have them in Oklahoma...not at my school though.

Yeah, the budget crunch is getting scary, especially in Oklahoma. Make me very hapy to be an "extra-duty" guy what with my coaching...that and the fact I can teach LOTS of subjects.

16. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Hey guys I have a small request that we get next week done pretty quick so me and murk can get our game in the next. I'm going to the beach tuesday and coming back saturday.

17. Dru50

I think I have a CPU game next week so that's not a problem for me. When are we advancing?

18. Jman

When Dakota and Wader get done. We will advance tonight at some point for sure though.

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm on right now actually. He said he's free after noon est, so you should be able to advance right after school Jman.

20. dakota7

#14 Texas AM 6
    #24 Nebraska 27

Nebraska gets a much needed user victory. The Cornhuskers dominate on the ground, racking up 188 yards rushing and total over 17 minutes time of possession. The Blackshirt defense was back finally, holding the Aggies to 2 field goals, under 175 yards total offense while forcing 5 sacks. Rex Burkhead accounted for all 3 tds and Cody Green was nearly perfect, completing 13 of 16 for 198 yards. Green only threw 1 int, the only TO of the game, when he failed to wait one second longer on a deep crossing route that would have been open.

Wader and I had a disconnect, right around the end of the first quarter. We restarted immediately.

Good game wader. I really needed that one, Big 12 has been kicking my ass.

21. wader49

wader49 Walk On

good game dakota. You got momentum early and I couldn't catch up. Unreal defensive team u got over there in lincoln

restart was a little sketchy. Im not accusing you of doing it, but I had momentum and Green was injured. w/e

22. dakota7

lol.....it was you. I had the option to continue vs. the cpu. It told me you disconnected. I quit right away so we could restart. As far as momentum, I just picked you off inside your own 40....I think the momentum was at least neutral if not in MY favor. But that is irrelevant, because it was a legit disconnect.

23. dakota7

blah blah

24. dakota7

I also told you on live right away that it was you......

25. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

doesn't always mean the other person was the issue, happened to me with jman but i got the option to continue against the cpu as well as him