Week 8 - Season 4

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 15, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Week 8 - Season 4

Hard Advance for Thursday at 8pm Central

Conference Standings
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6
    MAC East MAC West C USA East C USA West Big Ten PAC-10
    1 Bowling Green 6-0 (3-0) 1 Ball State 5-1 (3-0) 1 Southern Miss 5-2 (3-1) 1 Rice 5-1 (2-0) 2 Purdue 4-1 (2-0) 1 UCLA 4-0 (2-0)
    2 Akron 5-0 (3-0) 2 UCF 4-2 (3-1) 2 Tulsa 4-1 (2-2)
    3 Kent State 5-1 (3-0) 3 ECU 4-2 (2-1) 4 Houston 2-4 (1-2)

Week 5's Players of the Week
    Offense:
    TBD

Defense:
    TBD

Big User vs User Game

Kent State 5-1 (3-0) @ Ball State 5-1 (3-0)
    Regional Broadcast: Sat, October 13th, 12:30 PM

Should be great game. A slip from Kent State and his conference championship dreams end. Also, a loss from Ball State may hinder his chances as well. Right now the score is Kent State 14 Ball State 0 in the 3rd quarter.

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Rankings Kent Ball
    Overal Rating C+ B
    Offense Rating C B+
    Defense Rating B- B+
    Total Offense 2478 (#27) 2371 (#30)
    Total Defense 2069 (#76) 1677 (#33)
    Turnover Diff -6 -9

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Kent State 17-7

National Broadcasts

#19 UCF 5-2 (3-1) @ Tulsa 4-2 (2-2)

Should be a great game. I'm sure UCF wants to avenge their loss from last season. A 'L' for either team means their out!

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    UCF 49-28

#19 Purdue 4-1 (2-0) @ Wisconsin 1-3 (0-3)

Purdue's got a tough oponent even though Wisconsin's record doesn't show it. Purdue still destoys them!

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Purdue 19-14

Regional Broadcast

#23 Rice 5-1 (2-0) @ Tulane 1-4 (1-3)

Rice has no trouble. Is McGuffie back yet?

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Rice 63-14

UTEP 1-5 (1-2) @ Houston 3-4 (1-2)

LOL IF HOUSTON LOSES!! HAHAHA!

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Houston 35-17

Bowling Green 6-0 (3-0) @ Central Michigan 2-3 (1-1)

Marcus Kemp is out to kill! I don't know, we'll see. He struggled with Buffalo last week, and had to pull it out in OT.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Bowling Green 27-9

Memphis 1-4 (1-1) @ ECU 4-2 (2-1)

ECU still has a shot, he plays it cool and comes out with a solid performance.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    ECU 27-24

UAB 1-5 (1-2) @ Southern Miss 5-2 (3-1)

UAB's one win coming from JMan via sim. Their knockin off contenders. USM's dreams go down the drain.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Southern Miss 38-10

Other Games

Temple 1-6 (1-3) @ Akron 5-0 (3-0)

He puts up points, and shuts them out. Again.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    Akron 57-0

#13 UCLA 5-0 (3-0) @ Washington State 1-4 (1-2)

UCLA struggles, but manages a win tonight.

Column 1 Column 2
    Winner Score
    UCLA 58-14

2. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

Managed to avenge last year's bowl game loss to Ball State. The game was laggy again; for some reason Rip and I can't connect cleanly. I hope to get a rematch in the conference title game, but something tells me my rivalry games are going to be tough...

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I played sloppy.

May have been because I was getting used to playing on HD and now I'm not. Denard had his worst numbers of the season, granted he was injured for 2 quarters. I played absolutely horrible, but my defense managed to step up and we pulled out a 19-14 win.

I was down 14-13, and early in the 4th I scooped and scored to take the lead. They had three chances after that to score, but they couldn't do it.

frustrating.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm 4-2 (2-1).

and am I on duty for week 9?

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

If you want to be

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey Troy nice game last night. One of the best games I have been a part of. 13-10 didn't have a lot of fireworks but it sure had a lot of nice hits. D was the name of the game. I have a question on 4th downs. Can I go for them if I am inside the opposite 50 and less than 5 yards? I didn't go for it twice last night on 4th and short one I kicked a FG and came up short (I really thought I would) It was the difference in the game I just didn't want to go on 4th and break a rule. Anyway good game Troy i am on a huge user losing streak so I guess I got to beat Rice at the end of the year to regain some sort of season.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's all about realism. For instance, when I played Max. There was a drive where I was moving the ball with ease, and then came up on a 4th and inches. I said "I feel like I should go for it" and he said, "yea, i would". So I did, I got it, that was that.

That doesn't mean go for it every time, but you know what I mean.

When are you gonna get that thread thing up you were talking about. Hit me up on AIM if you got questions.

8. BDSDIGITAL

My take on 4th downs:

I remember the 4th down on the long field goal that you missed. If it was me I may or may not have went for it. I wouldn't have been upset if you did. Next time, just pause the game and message me and I would tell you if I thought it was ok or not. At least you care enough about the rules to not want to break them.

I was/am curious about the 4th down late in the game that you punted on. I would've went for it...just out of curiosity, why did you punt?

EDIT: I've went for it on 4th and 10 plus before when it wasn't in the exact letter of the law, but was a proper call due to the circumstances. I've only done it a few times out of a ton of user games here, but I've done it.

It was a very fun game. Lots of power football. It was more like a street fight in the rain...even if I would've lost I would've been ok with it. Awesome game. It wasn't really a sloppy low scoring game either, just hard nose, smash mouth defense. I'm on a skid too in user games so hopefully that helps me break the downward spiral.

To Murk:

Yeah, I guess. I need to get the info, I'll try to get it tonight. If I do it and private message it to you so you could edit it when the time comes to post it would that be cool? I mean edit the records, the national tv games, regional games etc.? I can't tell that stuff until the week has been advanced.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I just took it offline and advanced it...but the biggest thing that is your part is your commentary and pictures and stuff..

It turns out that the games changed...Like my game was nationally broadcasted, but since Wisconsin lost it changed to Regional

10. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

My take on 4th down is ,once you get passed the 50 and you come up on a 4th and 2 or less, its up to you if you wanna go for it.

Also i can see why he punted on 4th late in the game, it looks like it was a defensive game, so playing feild position wasnt a bad idea...at the time lol.

11. BDSDIGITAL

Murk: So I can I could just take the template and put my little 2 cents worth of commentary into it and send it to you?

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yeah, that'll be perfect

13. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

yeah I punted late in the game because I had all 3 time outs and thought if I stopped you I could get the ball back and might have a chance to tie. I had you on the 1st 2 downs and thought I would catch you on the third down. You PA and hit your guy in the flat my guy couldn't make the tackle before you crossed the line of scrimmage. Ball Game.

14. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

My thing on 4th downs....if your desperate and its late and your inside the 50, thats cool. If your at/inside the 40, and a short distance to go then thats fine with me. Im not down with 4th and 10 or higher and you at the 45 or shit like that.

15. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Yea , with me if its more than 2 or 3 yards i punt or kick and if im outta range i take the delay and try to coffin corner em.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

We're done with week 8, post here when you advance york..

17. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Rice smashes Tulane, couldve put up 100 in this one. My 5th string RB got some reps though! hahaha

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

will advance some time after 12:00 today

19. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Coach Jman is currently worried if his team has packed it in for the year. We ARE the walking wounded as I lost a WR for 7 weeks and my backup (starting due to injury already) QB for the game and he is questionable for out next one. This shit is killing me, the injury bug hits everyone but it has ripped me a good one in just one season...sheesh.

Good news is Beaver will be back for my Akron user game...that's about the only good news though.

I just could not hang with Nati...my O was forced to become ULTRA one dimensional after by backup QB went down b/c the RS FR QB is basically just a placeholder on my roster for guys who are still in HS right now lol. I'd move the ball...then choke...move the ball...choke....something you can't do when the other guy is hitting homeruns lol.

Walking wounded...yep.

20. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

I knew he would be back in time...I was hoping he wouldnt be but i knew he would be FML.

21. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

the servers are down cant advance yet