1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Week 8 Season 4

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Feb 3, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]
    Advance Max: Saturday @9PM EST
    =============== #10 UCLA Bruins (4-1) ===============
    Last week, UCLA lost 48-45 against Colorado (6-0).
    This week, the Bruins will host #8 Utah (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following UCLA targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) QB Dan Larsen has committed to Cal
    - (****) WR Keith Lane has committed to Oklahoma
    - (****) DT Joe Mcrae has committed to UCLA
    =============== #14 Cal Golden Bears (4-1) ===============
    Last week, Cal won 35-15 against Arizona (1-4).
    This week, the Golden Bears travel to Los Angeles to face the USC Trojans (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Cal targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) LT Jared Williams has committed to USC
    - (****) RG Deon Campbell has committed to Washington
    =============== #3 Oregon State Beavers (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Oregon State won 42-0 against Arizona State (0-6).
    This week, the Beavers travel to Stanford to face the Stanford Cardinal (1-5).
    In recruiting news, the following Oregon State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) MLB Chris Hardy has committed to Michigan State
    - (****) TE Brian Hicks has committed to Oregon State
    =============== #8 Utah Utes (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Utah won 28-24 against Stanford (1-5).
    This week, the Utes travel to Pasadena to face the #10 UCLA Bruins (4-1).
    In recruiting news, the following Utah targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) LT Tim Roach has committed to Stanford
    =============== Arizona Wildcats (1-4) ===============
    Last week, Arizona lost 35-15 against Cal (4-1).
    This week, the Wildcats will host #4 Colorado (6-0).
    In recruiting news, the following Arizona targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) C Nate Anderson has committed to Arizona State
    =============== Washington State Cougars (5-1) ===============
    Last week, Washington State won 48-44 against USC (2-3).
    This week, the Cougars are idle.
    In recruiting news, the following Washington State targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) QB Curtis Jackson has committed to Washington State
    - (****) CB T.J. Brooks has committed to Alabama
    - (****) LOLB Martin Butler has committed to Wisconsin
    - (****) C Pierre Hill has committed to Georgia Tech
    - (****) LG Kellen Dawson has committed to Nebraska
    =============== #4 Colorado Buffaloes (6-0) ===============
    Last week, Colorado won 48-45 against UCLA (4-1).
    This week, the Buffaloes travel to Tucson to face the Arizona Wildcats (1-4).
    In recruiting news, the following Colorado targets have announced their decisions:
    - (***) WR Marcus Smith has committed to Nevada
    - (***) C Jordan Parsons has committed to Colorado
    - (**) K Mike McGill has committed to Arizona State
    - (***) CB Tim McMillan has committed to Colorado
    =============== #9 Washington Huskies (4-1) ===============
    Last week the Huskies were idle.
    This week, the Huskies travel to Eugene to face the Oregon Ducks (2-3).
    In recruiting news, the following Washington targets have announced their decisions:
    - (****) RG Deon Campbell has committed to Washington

2. IrishBearcat

Another top 10 matchup this week, the Dreads & Spread bowl!

BOOM - -Cougars- ;)

Amazing how well all our teams are playing. 6/8 users in the top 15, 5/8 in the top 10! Washington State should be really really close to cracking the top 25 as well. Conference play is going to be EPIC. A lot of good teams and good users. SOMETHING has to give!

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol I didn't need another qb so I'm happy at that move

4. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Still the 3rd best user team. I guess it's too early in the conference season

Not sure if I can play tonight cougs but I'll let you know later today

5. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

6. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I'm heading out of town tonight so maybe like around 10 cst when I get to my destination.... what's ur cell and I'll link up with u later..

7. IrishBearcat

Right, that's why you wasted a scholarship and an hour on him every week!

Either way, gracias mi amigo. :)

8. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

903-736-8983 but I can't guarantee I'll be able to play then. Depends if I go out or mot

9. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

No biggie bro, I'll probably be on for awhile tonight so we'll make it work.....

10. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Not likely lol. I don't think I can pull off another 36-0 fourth quarter. I've got Oregon this week, and they murked me last year.

Oh yeah...and could you guys like spare me a god damn recruit FUCK!

11. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

OSU 48 - Stan 28

RB Jackson torched the Stanford defense all day. RB Jackson set a career high in touchdowns in a game with 6 TDs. Jackson carried over 30 times for 200+ yards. QB Wheatley had a solid day passing going for over 200 yards. The defense played well through 3 quarters. The backups played the entire 4th quarter giving up 2 scores.

There is talk around the NCAA that this may be RB Jackson's last year at OSU. Jackson is becoming the best RB ever at Oregon State. Jackson is 1 touchdown away from breaking the all time record for rushing touchdowns in a career.

This week OSU got soft commits from several recruits this week including the #2 QB in the nation. OSU has the potential to sign 7 recruits in the next week or two which would give them one spot remaining to fill.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  12. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

-Cougars- things changed, I'll be home in like an hour and have all night to play

13. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Ok, sounds good

14. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Not that I'm calling you out at all but I get frustrated when I see hbs with 3, 4, 5+ tds and over 200 yards so often in my leagues. I know you feed the rock a lot and the guys earn it but I hardly get the chance to put up any offensive stats! So I'm jealous. I don't have a hb anymore and I run the spread so you will never see a 200 yd rusher. It's hard to compete for the Heisman with you stat producers! 1 defensive score should be equvilant to 5 offensive scores! I'm out for more hardware!

15. IrishBearcat

CPU Oregon is insane for sure. I hate playing them.

I saw you trying to creep up on Dan Larsen as well! ;)

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll get someone big in the off season....watch!

And who needs Dan Larsen when you can lead the nation in passing yards with a 67 overall QB....did someone say Heisman?

17. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

All I'm gonna say is Jay Russell and Kelechie Jackson! Check em out, Zona's secondary will be beastly next year..... hopefully it translates to more wins!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  18. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I am home and ready to play whenever. I'll be streaming things for people to check in on us whenever you want to go

19. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Ok,I am getting on now.

20. IrishBearcat

21. IrishBearcat

DOAH

22. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    CAL BESTS TROJANS IN COLISEUM
    [​IMG]
    Cal TE Adam Rivers dives into the endzone after breaking free of a defender for a touchdown
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cal headed into the Coliseum to face their state rival USC. Coach IrishBearcat stressed to his team how important it was to beat their rival and finish 5-1 at the halfway mark of the season. The Golden Bears elected to defer and the defense forced a punt on the first drive. Cal marched down the field on an impressive opening drive and punched in the first score of the game with a 1 yard touchdown run by FB Travis Capps. Cal led at the end of the first 7-0.
    The defenses were continuing to play solid football. Trojan HB E.J. Garnett rushed up the gut on a draw play for a 22 yard touchdown run to tie the football game up at 7-7 with 1:20 left in the half. Cal was unable to put together a drive before half, the the score held at the break.​
    USC defense was really playing well and forcing sacks. Cal's offense was finally able to beat the stout Trojan defense. QB Kyle Boehm hit TE Adam Rivers on a playaction pass. Rivers made the receptions, broke a tackle, and dove into the end-zone for a touchdown. Golden Bears led 14-7 at the end of the third.

It looked like a game that could possibly go into overtime, but California's offense started humming again. Another long drive end with RB Shaun Young punching in a touchdown from the inch line to give Cal a 21-7 lead. USC added another late touchdown on a touchdown pass to WR Kyle Prater, but after failing to recover the onside kick the game was over. Cal won 21-14 against the Trojans.​

UP NEXT: WASHINGTON

23. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

UCLA gets a win over Utah 41-28. Don't let the score fool you UCLA got outplayed all game and was trailing by 7 going into halftime. UCLA was forced to punt after their first possession out of halftime. I thought that was going to be it for the Bruins but the defense came to play big after that, they forced 6 turnovers all interceptions most of them coming in the second half. After UCLA returned one of those interceptions for a TD we knew we could have closed out. Which we did. Brett Hundley only went 8-15 for 173 yards and 1 TD. Andrew Crenshaw rushed for 170 yards on 20 carries.

24. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

thank you. i was waiting for you to post a game recap and the FIRST thing i was gonna say was the score didnt reflect the game. it was a good game
    that pick 6 killed my momentum on the road and I still kept trying. too many mistakes

25. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Never got a text from ya man do I guess just let me know your availability for tomorrow.